ALL: Best Group of Talent

• Members

Which show has the most good actors on its roster?

I would say GL: Kim Zimmer, Beth Ehlers, Gina Tognoni, Justin Deas... the list goes on...

which has the worst actors? Passions is barely on the air anymore so it doesnt count :-p

but I actually mean looking at the big picture. Which one has the biggest group of good actors, which has the most bad actors? There are always exceptions but I'm talking about on the whole.

Please explain your reasoning.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Y&R probably has the greatest amount of talented actors. B&B does as well but in both cases the Bell soaps have a few clunker actors in the roster (Eyall Podell at Y&R and Mackenzie Mauzy at B&B come to mind).

The soap with the worst actors? I would go with AMC simply because the good actors the show has have been relegated to the depths of supporting hell.

• Members

I think ATWT has the best all around, because of their seasoned vets: CZP, Liz Hubbard, Martha Byrne, Maura West, Marie Masters, Kathryn Hays, Ellen Dolan and Scott Holmes. The also have a great younger cast: Jen Landon, Jesse Soffer, and Trent Dawson.

Don't have an opinion on the worst.

• Members

Guiding Light or General Hospital.

a year ago i woulda said its between AMC & Y&R, but as the quality of the show declined so did the acting. plus both have also brought on horrid new people (Y&R's lily, colleen... AMC's amanda baker!)

all soaps have pretty great casts, IMHO, but they all also have the sucky people. However i picked GL or GH because even when the shows are bad the acting is great. The actors, most of them, most of the time, dont let it show how fed they are.

• Members

Probably the P&G soaps.

I would say, though, that Gh has a fantastic group of actors: Rick Hearst, Nancy Lee Grahn, Tony Geary, John Ingle, Stephen Macht, Jane Elliot, Sebastian Roché, Kimberly McCullough, Robin Christopher...

However, their main problem is that most of these actors are barely used. Nancy Lee Grahn should be a lead- I consider her the most talented woman in daytime- but this year, she hasn't even had enough story for a supporting actress nom, really. The actors who they consistently keep on the frontburner, year after year, are either extremely limited or simply don't try. It's a real shame.

Archived