All: Characters you will root for-no matter what????

• Members

This is a great topic.

I can't say that I will always root for a character no matter what. Because what if they are written in such a way that they can't be redeemed? That it is so out of character because of the writer.

However, if the characters are written so that nothing major happens (like when OLTL, back in the day, made Clint Buchanan a homophope), this is my list

AMC

David Hayward

GH

Luke Spencer

Brenda Barrett

Laura Spencer

Scott Baldwin

OLTL

David Vickers

Days

Marlena Brady

And on AW, it was Jake McKinnon

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know what i was thinking about this. And there is almost no one i would root for no matter what. Because characters do turn twist and change. And i hate that stupid annoying response of "its the writers fault. they are being written out of character!" bullshit. because first off the writers write everything - good or bad. second, why is it out of character? things and events change a person. I could see if one day the said char was nice and whatnot then the next were just a sudden evil bitch for no reason. but whatever, I'm sure none of this will go over well.

Now, taking the above in... I would like to say Sami Brady on Days, Lauren Fenmore on YR, and Brenda Barrett on GH... but it all really has to do with the actress' in the role. So there isn't a char i would root for no matter what, as to many things go into it for me.

• Members

ATWT- Paul Ryan, Henry Coleman, Carly Tenney, Craig Montgomery

OLTL- Viki Carpenter, Starr Manning, RJ Gannon, Nora Buchanan, Bo Buchanan. RH's Todd Manning, Tea Delgado Manning, ET's Jessica Buchanan.

GH-Alexis Davis, Luke Spencer, Sonny Corinthos, Bobbie Spencer, Lucky Spencer.

YR-Neil and Dru Winters, Victor Newman.

• Members

Interesting that you brought up Clint. He was my favorite character when he was played by Clint Ritchie. All that homophobe stuff served to do for me was made me hate the what the writers did to Clint all, I felt, to prop up a relationship between Viki and Sloan. Clint was a lot of things (most of which very positive, although he could sometimes be hotheaded) but he wasn't intolerant. And he put up with a lot of Viki and her various mental problems over the years. I thought he was made the scapegoat. I hated Sloan and wasn't so crazy about Viki at that point either. CR's version of Clint still remains my favorite OLTL character ever.

Archived