DAYS: Tuesday, November 27th

• Members

I have to say - I know we've all seen Marlena played "with an edge" before. But it's SO NICE to see her with an edge that comes from a completely realistic and human place, as opposed to devil possession or hypnosis-by-DiMera. She's got those same cold looks, the devilish undertone, and the manipulative ways, but I completely understand where it's coming from. I love watching Deidre Hall playing something that's not mired down in plot devices like brainwashing and exorcisms. Not putting those stories down necessarily... but seeing Marlena's actions, and the reactions of those around her (i.e. Bo and Hope today) suspicious of her, without all the DiMera machinations, is really REALLY intriguing. And makes total sense given what's happened with John. And COMPLETELY believable, which is a rare find on Days historically. The way DH is playing it, it doesn't seem "larger than life". Just "life".

And how refreshing was it to see a set of scenes between Belle and Lucas? I can't remember the last time they had a meaningful conversation, but wow, was it illuminating for both characters. Great sounding boards for each other considering what's going on in their individual storylines.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I agree, and I loved the Possession and the SSK storylines. I'm just so happy to see Deidre involved in a storyline again and I hope we continue to see her more - tomorrow will be 4 episodes in a row, so that's a good start.

I loved their scenes too! I want to see more scenes with characters who don't normally interact but should.

I also really liked Lucas/Sami's scenes. Nice dialogue by Bettina Bradbury today and kudos to the breakdown writer too.

• Members

I love Bettina Bradbury's scripts for the sole reason that she rarely drags the scene down in exposition regarding the story-so-far. Lucas and Sami's scenes today were a great example of that. *Sami: You know the deal. Lucas: I hate the deal.* There. Done. No mention of the v-word, or the explanation about Sami doing this for her family, etc. It's all very natural, and never long-winded speeches about the events of the last few weeks/months.

• Administrator

Lucas: Do I still love you? How can you even ask me that? You know I'm not the one who wanted our marriage annulled. I'm not the one who wanted to go to the Dominican for a quickie divorce after delivering twins...that wasn't me. And I'm not the one running around going back and forth right now.

Sami: I am not running out of this marriage. You know the deal.

Lucas: Yeah, I know the deal and I hate the deal. We need you here and your children need you here and you're with EJ all the time at his beck and call.

Sami: He's getting better.

Lucas: What does that mean for us? When we got married, we didn't have a prenup.

Sami: Of course not. What's mine is yours and yours is mine.

Lucas: And then EJ shows up, he enters the picture, and the whole game changes, doesn't it? He divides us. He divides our children. I don't get to see you anymore and it kills me. I miss you. I miss everything about you. I miss holding you. I miss kissing you.

Sami: Oh Lucas.......

(They kiss)

Sami: .....I'm sorry....I'm sorry....and I promise you I will spend more time with the man I love. (Hears the crying) My babies need me.

Lucas: We all do.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm totally fine with Sami marrying EJ if we still have scenes like this between Lucas/Sami. Good job today by the writers.

• Members

I know the EJAMI fans think TPTB are on their side, but I haven't really seen it. There's no denying James Scott and Ali Sweeney have chemistry in spades, but that doesn't mean they need to be a super-couple. They have the same quality Tom Eplin and Anne Heche (in either role) had on AW, and I'm perfectly fine with EJ and Sami staying that way forever. And while Sami might come around to not HATING EJ as a result of this marriage, I see no sign they're sanitizing their past or building some super romance. Especially not after today's episode. And besides, we've all been watching soaps long enough to know that if Sami does start to come around to EJ, you KNOW they're just building suspense to Sami letting her guard down, until she finds out EJ has done something horrible again. After today, I'm pretty sure the end-game is Sami and Lucas, and this kind of conflict between them is strong enough that it could definitely last for a little while. And I'd be totally fine with that.

• Members

I loved the scene with Marlena/Hope/Bo.All of them were amazing.

Belle has to choose.I would like to see Belle choosing Phillip over Shawn.Why because i would like to see Chloe and Shawn together.

Overall this episode rocked.Monday and Tuesday were incredible epi

• Members

I have to disagree Brimike. I'm an EJami fan and I've never thought TPTB were on the side of the couple that I like. Sheffer has stated over and over how much he loves Lumi and he has written the show during most of the past year showing his support for that couple. I'm going by what he says. I truly thought Days was planning to kill EJ's character off the show up until a couple months ago. EJ and Sami have shared good scenes recently, but after watching this show for ages I know it could lead to zero for them.

In any case, I think right now there is no endgame except for bringing the ratings up. And the show on the whole has been rocking.

• Members

True enough. I stand corrected. I shouldn't have made a sweeping generalization of the EJAMI fans. (And I am one of them. I love their scenes together and hope they continue to remain in each other's orbits for quite some time. It's too complex a relationship to ignore and the actors are too strong together)

Well said! And I agree on both points! :)

• Members

I haven't seen today's yet, but I have to say this based on watching yesterday's episode....

I thought Marlena was going to slap Hope when she was told about Belle and Phillip. I think she knows what's she's doing, though. This may all be a game she is playing. The emotions are real, but, as a doctor, she is using them to her advantage. She is finally taking the fight to Stefano and that family, and she is regaining her strength once again.

I love it. Would love to see the ratings next week with her being on and featured this week.

• Members

They're actually putting together a series of good shows in a row the past couple of weeks. Not a good one followed by several pathetic ones followed by a good one.

They're using the vets more, too. It's not JUST the teens or JUST Lucas/Sami/EJ now. It's more of a mix and that's nice.

I liked the shows last week...I LOVED last Friday's. And this week has been really good too.

I don't want to say anything about a turnaround. That might jinx things. But maybe we're really going to have good things to watch.

That may not translate into ratings because people have walked away. But maybe something will cause them to walk right back in.

Who knows?

Archived