AMC: Greenlee Smyth

Juliajms

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been a big Greenlee fan ever since she showed up in Pine Valley that summer of 1999 and surprised Scott fresh out of film school. Rebecca Budig & now Sabine Singh have both played this character brilliantly. Greenlee is the only reason why I watch AMC now and I am glad that she is back!

• Members

I have mixed feelings on this. I kind of think they should have let it be and then let Kendall eventually forgive Greenlee, for what was basically an impulsive mistake that had awful consequences. But then again, we did have to listen to how big bad evil Greenlee was trying to "get" Spike and Ian again for months <_<, which I never understood.

To me that's where the story went wrong. They tried to ramp up the drama by having Kendall terrified and going into over protective mode acting like Greenlee was an serial killer ready to pounce at any time. It would have been a much better story, if Kendall understood it was an accident and was disillusioned with her best friend, cut her out of her life forever, while Greenlee tried to make up for it. The further soaps go from simple human drama, the lower the ratings get.

• Members

I'm definitely with you on that one. Although I am glad that Greens is being redeemed in a sense, I don't like the fact that it was re-written like this. Having everyone slowly "forgive" her would have been a much more realistic approach and would probably have gone over better with the general AMC viewers. Now it just seems like some silly plot twist that is not being well received.

In regards to the evil Greenlee thing - ITA again. Kendall was always running around Pine Valley and whining to Zach (and vice-versa) about how evil Greens is and that she's going to go attack her family again! Greenlee was horrified at the ACCIDENT that she caused, she never planned to drive Spike off of a cliff intentionally. Kendall has every right to be angry with Greenlee, and the fact remains that it was Greenlee that hurt Spike (regardless of whether or not she planned it). Kendall was acting like Greenlee wanted to hurt Spike and her family, she didn't, all that happened was that Greenlee had a lapse of judgement and eventually realized how wrong it was, but it was too late. Kendall should know that Greenlee would never plan to hurt Spike like the way she did and being afraid of her like that is not realistic at all.

Archived