B&B: (2nd) Best Casting News possible...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hear you! I'm feeling differently. My interpretation is that Gareis has ramped up the campy, haughty routine for humor value. Did you not catch that eye makeup after the sauna?

My reading is that when Donna was victimized (flung over Thorne's shoulder and locked in a sauna), many in the audience actually rooted AGAINST Donna. That is only possible if the actress is not the fan's favorite. So I think they have Donna being as haughty as possible, so we don't let our sympathies lie with her.

Then again, maybe I'm giving Gareis too much credit, and her only assets are her, ahem, rockets--bought and paid for.

• Members

LOL. Maybe I haven't watched enough to get the context behind her acting choices. Still, I find her so off-putting. Like when Donna confronted Stephanie over Brooke's rape. I half-expected Susan Flannery to burst out laughing at Gareis, with all her jerky head movements and over-the-top stage whispers. When she's in a scene, it feels like she walked into an SNL skit and no one else got the memo.

Archived