Cady McClain's latest blog

• Members

October 28th, 2007

Hi there

thanks for your many wishes of a happy birthday. It was a lovely day, as I went to New Orleans and wandered around some of my favorite places- The Louisiana Music Factory, Jackson Square, Napolean House, Fluer de Lea hat shop, and Hove perfumery. I particularly like Royal street as a place just to wander and dream. Of course I went to my bar, Mimi�s, had a beer and checked out a great band, Vavavoom. Not a bad birthday!

Someone asked whether I still long for the same things I did when I was younger- a flower garden, horses, goats, days at the beach and walks in the woods, and I would say definitely YES. I wonder why I do not have a horse yet, but I know they are a lot of expense and upkeep, and its hard to find a place where you can live and work and have a horse, so maybe that�s something I am saving for down the road, which may not be too far away.

I'm sorry the story on ATWT isn't grabbing you guys. I know a lot of thought goes into it, but I can't tell you more than that. I am just a gun for hire, and I don't have any say in the story. I really appreciate your caring.

Musically, I know I have been pretty silent this year. I know I had to stop and dream it all up again, the album was a big baby to get out there. Thanks to all who have purchased it, I hope you are enjoying the culmination of many years effort. It has a occured to me to do an acoustic version with some new songs, but that is an idea that is germinating� we�ll see.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This part:

"It's hard to find a place where you can live and work and have a horse, so maybe that's something I am saving for down the road, which may not be too far away."

Makes me nervous. I'd hoped she would go back to AMC. I really, really hope Cady won't leave daytime altogether.

Anyway, I've always appreciated how honest she is with her fans.

• Members

If Cady leaves ATWT again I think it will be for good.... IMO TPTB have made it clear that they will not accomodate her staying, leaving, staying, leaving like they used to. ABC will be unlikely to hire her back, and GL probably wouldn't either. That means that if Cady were to do a soap it'd have to be in LA.

Personally I think she'd be great on Passions.

• Members

These are rumors just floating around. I am not sure if they are true or not. I hope they are true.

The show, the actors, the writers, everyone involved are very aware that

viewers are not pleased at all with the Ro/Paul/Craig/Meg plot or the

Gwen/Will/Sofie/baby storyline. Seems the only stories that do have viewer

interest are the Carly story and of course Nuke, the primary reasons why the

show is enjoying the recent ratings boost it has received. There's been

talk of extensive rewrites on stories and there are rumors of cast changes

(meaning exits) in the works."

• Members

I also have noticed an improvement. The stories still suck though. I think Vivian Gundaker has gotten more into the mix. First, Holden/Lily/Dusty triangle...and now Kim/Bob/Susan/Chris/Emily ...ie....Hughes/Stewarts again. Is it just a coincidence? I doubt Goutman and Pissant would know anything about ATWT's history.

• Members

WELL, I hate to contradict popular theory, but from what I've read around the 'net, people aren't any happier with the Carly and Nuke stories, we're just more willing to put up with it, thanks to the aura of Carjack (whether you love them or hate them I guess...) and the "groundbreaking" nature of Luke's story (and personally, the Nuke story blows for me....no pun intended..)

I'm not sure why TIIC ever thought adding Rosanna to that mix would somehow solve the inherent problem, which is that the three other leads in that story are NOT sympathetic, and Meg's reasons for getting revenge (to return LUCINDA'S company!!!) has been totally lost in the round-robin quality of her sex life. And on a bitchy note, I'm THRILLED that Gwen's story isn't pleasing the masses. I'm so frickin' SICK of Gwen and her baby obsession (which is really just Rosanna's baby obsession with less money...) I could scream.

The whole show needs refocusing, and it's needed it for the entire year. And the first sign that there was serious trouble should have been greenlighting Katie and Jack's "romance". Which required reducing Jack into a walking, talking sex toy for Katie. Honest to God, what TIIC see in that character is beyond me. Obviously the budget can no longer indulge her usual story....requiring deserted islands and kooky costumes.

• Members

Yup, the Katie/Jack romance is just awful. What moron thought of it? They could have paired Jack with anyone else on the show and I would have been happier. And there is still a good possibility that Katie and Jack could still wind up together..ughhhhhh!!

• Members

I almost wonder if the reduced "workforce" has taken out some of the chefs out of the kitchen, so to speak. Laiman (and I'm not sure of her official writing title) is the only one of those writers listed, Brash and Levinson moved up to breakdowns, yadda yadda. Maybe all the writing by committee muddied the plots too much?

Archived