Strange/Weird Foods?

R!ck

• Members
Yes, but for the life of me, I can't remember his name.

:lol:

I've eaten chitlins aka chitterlings aka pig intestines. LOL! My mama or sister cook them once or twice a year and I can't stand it when they're being prepared and cooked, but I sure do eat my fair share afterward. With lots of hot sauce. LOL!

• Members

Chicken Gizzards - Love gizzards, fried and then simmered in mushroom gravy for hours makes them very tender.

Chicken Hearts - Yummy with gizzards gravy and mashed potatoes

Scrapple - Tried it once, once was enough Eww! Has a sasuage taste, but 10 times stronger.

Chitlins - like crc I can't stand the smell while cooking, but I dig in when they are put on the table

Pickled Pigs Feet - I'll eat them If I am at a pub and I'm drunk

Headcheese aka Souse - Tried it and didn't like it. tasted like pickled jello

Pheasant -Love it! My Grandma fixes it once a year.

Deer/Venison - Some people think it's odd, but It's extremly common in WV Deer Steaks, Dear Burger etc

• Members

I've eaten chitlins aka chitterlings aka pig intestines. LOL! My mama or sister cook them once or twice a year and I can't stand it when they're being prepared and cooked, but I sure do eat my fair share afterward. With lots of hot sauce. LOL!

Me too! And Pig feet! I actually quite like pig feet, but chitlins are very hit or miss for me. Sometimes I just can't eat them if I've seen them before they're cooked.

• Members

Moose - Its freaking AWESOME, very similar to beef by better, but that is SOO common in Canada so it wouldn't be weird to Canadians at all.

Chicken Feet - Seriously nasty!

Chicken Blood - Boiled, I tried it in Europe and it was [[email protected]#$%^&*] awful, but some people there just LOVE it.

Gargonzola Cheese - VOMIT!

Deer/Venison - Some people think it's odd, but It's extremly common in WV Deer Steaks, Dear Burger etc

Not strange at all for me. I have had tons of deer/venison, its very good, especially in stews and stuff. Deer burgers are great aswell, as are deer meatballs.

• Members

I have had squirrel from the back yard once, and it wasnt too bad.

Other than that I havent really eaten anything food wise at least that wasnt out of the ordinary

• Members

I've had Frogs legs.. tastes like chicken

escargot - pretty good.. depends how it's made

chicken liver - with spices and such

ummm kat a kat.. which has brains, kidneys, and such - indian dish but yummy

and i also eat rick ;)

• Members
I've had Frogs legs.. tastes like chicken

escargot - pretty good.. depends how it's made

chicken liver - with spices and such

ummm kat a kat.. which has brains, kidneys, and such - indian dish but yummy

and i also eat rick ;)

She say's I'm just a cheap substitute for Eric Martsolf. I feel so used sometimes, and I like it! ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Recent Posts

• And on another note...I find it interesting that all this Jeannie stuff has grown down (I was even at work earlier and she was the MAIN story when you bring up the browser) as Ex Soap Opera Star over in BH is dealing with another controversy picture she's in involving blackface. 
    • RONALD LISS RADIO THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN    Robin/ Dick Grayson BRIGHT HORIZON       Bobby West BUCK ROGERS IN THE 25TH CENTURY     George "Buddy" Wade  HILLTOP HOUSE    Tiny Tim MARK TRAIL      Scotty PEABLES TAKES CHARGE     Ned THE STORY OF BESS JOHNSON     Crutch THAT'S MY POP        Son TWO ON A CLUE          Mickey UNKNOWN  ROLES THE CAVALCADE OF AMERICA THE CIMARRON TAVERN COAST TO COAST ON A BUS THE COLUMBIA WORKSHOP DIMENSION X THE ETERNAL LIGHT THE FORD THEATER INHERITANCE LET'S PRETEND NEW WORLD A'COMING STUDIO ONE SUSPENSE THEATER FIVE    1965 THIS IS YOUR F. B. I. TWO THOUSAND PLUS    2000+ X-MINUS ONE YOU ARE THERE             RAYMOND "RAY" WALKER RADIO HILLTOP HOUSE      Duke TELEVISION GANG BUSTERS       Detective O'Reilley     1952 movies BULLDOG EDITION      Ken Dwyer     1936 PIRATE OF THE SEAS     Pilot Hal Weston     1939 IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE     Joe from the Luggage Shop                  GEORGIA BACKUS Wrote for NBC Radio     1926-28 Wrote for CBS Radio from 1928-?   RADIO ARABESQUE        Myra   1929-31 BRENTHOUSE      Portia Brent A DATE WITH JUDY      Dora Foster                                   Mitzi Hoffman THE LIFE OF RILEY      Peg Riley THE ORANGE LANTERN    Olga Nesheim THE STORY OF HOLLY SLOAN      Aunt Keturah Sloan UNKNOWN ROLES THE CAMPBELL PLAYHOUSE THE CAVALCADE OF AMERICA   THE ENO CRIME CLUB     1931-32 JOE PALOOKA LET GEORGE DO IT THE MAGNIFICENT MONTAGUE NBC UNIVERSITY THEATER THE PACIFIC STORY THE PALMOLIVE BEAUTY BOX THEATER THE SCREEN DIRECTOR'S PLAYHOUSE THIS IS MY STORY movies CITIZEN KANE     Miss Anderson      1941 COPPER CANYON     Martha Bassett     1950                  Please register in order to view this content AARON VAN WAGNER DAYS OF OUR LIVES      Jason Welles      1999-2002; 2007 DAYS OF OUR LIVES: THE LAST BLAST REUNION     Jason Welles  2020
    • lol. Yeah, I definitely could have thought of a better title. Heck, GH people should have thought of a better title.  lol. Yeah, I definitely could have thought of a better title. Heck, GH people should have thought of a better title. 
    • Yes so big in fact that if GH was cancelled, I would shocked if Sonny did not ride off into the sunset with Brenda...with needed changes of course. Please register in order to view this content  She is still too heavily connected to the canvas...or can be...to not even NOT be relevant. As Brenda should be.   But I really came by LOL...granted I'm farther back than the rest of you, but I haven't gotten to the repetitive nature of the conversations between 'Sonny' and Carly yet. And like I've mentioned, I like this feels very much (as much as a soap can be) organic conflict.    But one thing I have liked about it (so far) has been Carly HAS NOT reacted to it the way she usually does. Let's face it...once Carly knew Sonny was alive and Nina knew, 9 times out of 10, she would have EXPLODED and @Cheap21 would have done one awesome 'Oh Lord Carly's on the Loose' gif/pic. Then she would have raised h#ll from the moment she found out to now, complete with a revenge plot.   I liked that they have truly just showed...yes, showed...Carly wrestle with her feelings over Nixon Falls. Olivia. Gladys. Willow(?). She has made a LOOOOOOOT of effect to not just explode at the drop of a hat. And even when she has started to, Carly has caught herself. And I found LW was playing that to the hilt. It's been over weeks, too. If that is not maturity, I don't know what is.   That said...I still keep that Carly will be her own worst enemy in the end. But at least it has a build to it.      THIS.   And they definitely prove that last part when VM came back for GH's 50th. First scene and it was there. At least for me. lol. 
    • I was never a big Brenda or Sonny/Brenda fan in her heyday, but I liked her with Jax near the end of the '90s and then came to appreciate her in hindsight much later. Caroline and I have had a lot of discussions centering around the S/B pairing in latter years and their doomed marriage in the early 2010s, and how their final (very good, brutally honest) scenes in 2011 indicated why it is futile to pair Sonny with anyone else - because if the character cannot change for her, he won't for anyone. I'm assuming Khan hasn't seen them so it's time to post them again! It was the first time in years Maurice had impressed me, and the last. Also some of the last, best work of the very longtime writing team, most of which went out with Guza and JFP. And I do agree - they could bring her back tomorrow and it would still work with them, and would be necessary to evolve the character and move him into an elder statesman role (with VM taking the share of story) and transition more and more away from the mob. We've discussed that one around here before too, though. It's also why Frank doesn't bring her back; he knows she is too big for the show he chooses to make and what he chooses to focus on.
  • On Soap Opera Network

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy