Days: Whats with the Ratings, why are they so low!!!

• Members

Well i don't get it why Days is in the basement of the ratings, they are battling guiding light for last place. IMO days of our lives is the best soap on TV hands down. I hope Days goes up in ratings for last week because it was amazing, if they don't well NBC is doing something.

I think Days has been great since the start of May 2007. Yea i hated Willow Stark but i watched her because she was fun to watch even though i hated her. I don't think Hogan Sheffer is that bad, when he wants to write, he can. Just look at this past week, it was amazing. People say he is a hack writer but IMO he is not. I think he is perfect for Days and he will be the one to save it. Yea, he does play favorites with EJ and Sami but if you look around there are like thousands of EJAMI fans on the net. I love EJAMI, i dont see whats the probably with them being on all the time. The only thing i have to complain about is the lack of Nick Fallon, where in the heck is he. He is only on one time per week, thank god we get him i think 3 days next week :D.

I think Hogan Sheffer had a perfect love story with Nick and Chelsea. They were both opposites, one a wild party girl and the other is a brainy guy who didn't know how to have fun. They kinda reminded me of Nathan and Haley from one tree hill but in a different kind of way but Nick and Chelsea still are good for each other. They are still fun to watch but they are like on and off every week. If Sheffer wants ratings gold, look no further then Nick and Chelsea. CHICK= RATINGS GOLD. I think if he focus alot on Nick and Chelsea, the ratings will go up. Now if he could bring Dr Rebert back for a revenge story against Chick with in the end, Nick and Chelsea overcoming him and killing him. That would be a perfect way to boost ratings. Come on CHICK needs an enemy. John and Marlena had stefano, dr alex north etc. Bo and Hope had Larry Welsh, stefano etc, nick and chelsea needs one too.

I still don't get why the ratings where they are, days has been the best soap on Tv since May 2007. I loved this past summer with SANTEEN, touch the sky, Brady vs DiMera. I did not find nothing wrong with Santeen like many people were saying, i loved every minute of it. I think this past summer was the best summer we had since tropical temptation with Shawn and Belle.

The ratings should be going through the roof with Days because of this fall, i am loving every minute of it except Belle and Philip soon make love urg.:angry: I don't see why the ratings are where they are, just because its all about EJAMI, Stephanie and Chelsea, does not make the show bad. Right now, i am loving days, I love EJAMI, Stephanie and Chelsea.

John's Death storyline is flawless and it is amazing. Great acting, writing and direction and production. John's funeral is the best funeral in daytime period. I still think we are in for a big twist in this story with like John's not dead or something.

I am also loving the sorority Storyline too. It brings something new that does not involve the DiMeras. I am split between who i want Max with, Stephanie or Morgan or even better a threesome meaning a triangle. Darrin Brooks has chemistry with both shelley hennig(stephanie) and Kristen Renton(Morgan). I am loving Morgan Hollingsworth, she is a great character. I would choose her over Jett and Jeremy any day. I even like Cordi, Morgan and Cordi got a better entrance then jett and jeremy combined. They got more depth then Morgan and Cordi, its funny that 2 people who has nothing to do with the hortons or bradys has more depth and are better characters then a horton is jeremy and a carver in Jett. Morgan Hollingsworth is more of an asset to this show then Jett Carver is. Now the only way i would get away from a Max and Stephanie pairing if they pair Stephanie and Philip together, omg you know how many possibilitys of story is in that pairing omg unlimited. Both the Johnson and Kiriakis has history well Steve and Kayla vs Victor Kiriakis. OMG Payla's daughter stephanie falls in love with Victor's son Philip, now that would be a great pairing. I would so root for them.

Max and Morgan would be such a great couple together. It gets him away from his nieces and focus on a real relationship. Max and Morgan are also cute together. Kristen and Darin do have chemistry together. Max and Morgan can be the next bo and hope. The spoiled rich girl and the badboy Brady. Yea.

I will just be happy when the DiMera vs Bradys are not with and we start some new Drama. The Brady vs DiMera is so played out, just have EJ AND SAMI marry and fall in love. Have Sami shoot lucas off a bridge a kiss EJ while Lucas drowns in a bloody river, now that is must see tv.

I dont see why the ratings are so bad. Hogan Sheffer has to be the best head writer days had in a while now. Sheffer is 100X better then Reilly. Sheffer does not have repetitive dialouge only with the word VENDETTA. The only problem with Sheffer, he hits and miss alot. One week he is awesome and another week he is horrible but i still think he is a good fit for days and to save days, not on NBC but on another network. Sheffer does not have lots of flashbacks, he only uses them when he needs too. Sheffer storys doesn't take 1-2 years to tell. Yea you get my point.

I dont see why days ratings are so low because DAYS IS THE BEST SOAP ON TV. As much i love GH, i stopped watching because i am so tired of the mob show. Sonny this, Sonny that. Jason this, Jason that. Off topic, Jason Morgan is the only reason i watch GH but if he gets out of the mob, i will start watching. JASON IS NOT A KILLER, HE ONLY DOES WHAT SONNY SAYS WHAT HE WANTS DONE. ANYWAY back on topic.

I hope days ratings goes up soon because it is a shame seeing a great soap who is doing a fantastic job low in ratings. DAYS IS THE BEST SOAP ON TV THIS YEAR PERIOD, WELL SINCE MAY 2007. Also the production is better, the lighting, it is so realistic. Especially when John got run down, we actually saw an ambulance and Salem Pd on the police car. When we are in the hospital, we actually here announcements over the intercom. Ed Scott is doing a great job as co-EP of days. Hogan Sheffer as head writer, a different Co-HW and Ed Scott, days would kill. Days has been unstoppable for the last couple of weeks, great balance and writing. I love that montage of John and Marlena. Keep up the good work days.

Hope the ratings boost soon.

Now if Days would pair these couples, ratings would skyrocket.

Max and Morgan

Stephanie and Philip(great storys and anything to get phil away from my SHELLE)

Ej and Sami(come on already, ejami is ratings gold)

Nick and Chelsea(keep them together forever)

ALSO LOOK IN MY SIG, THE GREATEST COUPLE IN TELEVISION HISTORY. NATHAN AND HALEY FROM OTH

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These would not raise the ratings...IMO. And I see May is back again. :lol: Plus, it seems all of your posts are made to pimp Stephanie and Co. We know how you feel about them. It's like you are beating us over the head with them. :lol:

• Members

how am i pimping Stephanie. if it is anyone, its Nick and Chelsea. imo they would rise

Max and Morgan would be the next BO AND HOPE.

EJ AND SAMI, STEPHANIE AND PHILIP ARE FORBIDDEN LOVE.

NICK AND CHELSEA ARE THE NEXT BIG COUPLE ON DAYS.

NICK AND CHELSEA ARE DAYS, WITHOUT THEM, DAYS WOULD BE NOTHING.

• Members

<_<

Can I ask you a question StephanieLover, and don't be offended, but how old are you?!

I think one thing that will help you get your point across on the boards is by actually READING what other people have to post. You may find what they have to say fascinating and may even learn a thing or two about proofreading your thoughts before posting them. May also learn things about message board etiquette too.

I like Karen Harris, B&B, and am obsessed with this upcoming writers strike(among other things) and always feel the need to spread that love and concern, like, all the time. But the more you start post about what you care about(like 5 Days threads in an hour), the more people get sick of reading about the subject and reading your posts. Read what other people have to say about other shows and the shows that you watch...You could actually learn why DAYS's ratings are so low!

This is really in no way to diss you...I mean, it's not like people really listen to me on these boards anyhow, especially when I rant about the good ole days on PORT CHARLES or talk on and on about how Brad Bell is currently daytime's only capable writer. It's just to keep you from getting more eyerolls and more negativity coming your way.

Anyhoo...

• Members

At 17 I was watching ATWT. All of the CBS lineup. No computer...nada...lol. But enjoying my soaps. But oh well...I'll keep my comments to myself. :lol: You know re-reading a post can totally make you :lol::lol::lol: . It's always nice to have a good laugh......

• Members

LOL. I was enjoying soaps and other things too...I had a computer when I was 17. LMAO!

Anyhoo...did you keep any of your tapes SoapSuds?

Okay...I would judge, but a ) I've never seen a full episode of ONE TREE HILL and b ) I watched SUNSET BEACH, which constantly gets raked over the coals on this and every other board.

• Members

You can tell how old I am by not having a computer. :lol: It seemed only the schools had computers back then. Anyways I did save some ATWT on tape. But not as much as I would have liked to. I remember my favs were Lucinda, Babs and Lily/Holden/Dusty. It's funny how things havent changed. :lol: I still like the same ones. I also enjoyed the Hughes. I wasnt into just one character.

• Members

LOL...I was into the ABC shows by the time I turned 17...and then when college hit, I was all about some B&B. I did watch ATWT when Jake crossed over and when he and Molly found the twins(awwwww). That also happened by the time I moved to ABC.

It's funny how I made that progression...ages 11-15: NBC. 15-18: ABC. 18-present: CBS/B&B mostly. But I get my fill of all of them.

And the only time I ever watched a show primarily for one character was AMC when Bianca was on the show(pre-rape).

Memory lane is such a funny thing, Suds...

Archived