Days: Whats with the Ratings, why are they so low!!!

• Members

They might be awesome at times but that hardly makes them the best in daytime, your statement that they are is funny. IMO Eric Braden is the best actor in Daytime, Steve and James would not even rank in my top 20. I think Steve was better back in the years than he is now, as for James I can only judge from the few days I have seen him, hardly the best in daytime IMO.

And you have Blake Berris in your top 10, nothing is funnier than that. I like him but really one of the top 10 actors all together?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you answered your own question! Sheffer does love the teens and Sami/EJ(and apparently so do you) which is fine, but there are alot of viewers that don't. Don't get me wrong I don't want them completly off my screen(well not all of them atleast) but they need to be written in stories that the viewers actually care about. The past 2 maybe even 3 week have been really good but it doesn't make up for the past couple of months of torture we have had to deal with. Have efforts been made yes but I feel like it is take 2 steps forward 8 steps back and at that rate we will never be where we should be.

There has been more balance lately which is good but for me I don't really even care how often they are on as long as the story makes sense, is written well, and has a purpose. And sorry the TTS story didn't do it, it was just as bad as the Virtual Garden of Eden if you ask me(and that was one really bad story). For me I feel like the writers (not just Sheffer) lost what the Heart and Soul of Days is and they need to find that in order to look to the future.

• Members

While I like Days and hope its not cancelled the show as a whole just seems old and boring to me.

Besides Sami and EJ theres just nothing really there for me to get into.

Bo and Hope are boring. John and Marlena are boring. This vendetta (after the initial excitement of having Joe M back and the 1st few days) is just plain boring.

Unlike other soaps it just feels like each episode of Days is the same thing as yesterday. At least to me it does.

As for the list of the best actors please StephanieLover be realistic. You may find them to be decent but half those people aren't worthy of even being in the Top 1,000.

I mean seriously...Chad Michael Murray? James Lafferty? I hesistate even to put Brad Pitt up there.

I think you got the Best Actor list confused with Hottest Men alive list...sorry but its truth.

As for VH hes good but hes nothing compared to Stever Burton IMHO. But those two are still miles ahead of JL and CMM...

• Members

Steve Burton is a better actor then Eric Braeden. Chad Michael Murray and James Lafferty are great actors, not the best on OTH because the best has to be for actress such as Sophia Bush, she is just an amazing beautiful actress.

Brad Pitt is a great actor, u see him in FIGHT CLUB. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

Actually the best actor on one tree hill has to be Paul Johannson who plays Dan Scott, he is amazing.

• Members

Yeah I saw him in Fight Club...great movie for what it is was...Still doesn't make him worthy of Top 10.

Oh God you actually brought Sophia Bush into this thread as well as the guy who plays the most 1 dimensional character on the CW ever.

Umm no Eric Braeden is better than Steve Burton hands down. Anyone who looks at it objectively will tell you the same thing. SB is great and all and definitely knows how to work it on GH day in and day out but hes just NOT (I repeat NOT) on EB's level yet. And thats only cuz EB has been in the business for a long time.

Excellence is a habit. EB and the other greats in the business like Elizabeth Hubbard are Top 10 actors/actresses.

But I'm not going to continue this "debate/discussion" with you cuz I think its clear to everyone that you're just saying random crap out of your mouth for any response whether it be constructive, negative, or bad.

In short you're an attention whore.

And Ryan I don't know who's crying but its not me. Just responding to the thread in general.

Anyways if Days gets exciting again I'll be the first to get back on it but until then I'll enjoy a good novel or listen to some music during that hour.

• Members

At first glance it looked like (and still sorta looks like) a baby thats screaming at the top of its lungs.

And I thought maybe you were sending a message that we (and by we I mean stephlover and I) were just having a screamfest and not really saying anything important or relevant at all.

But if not then alls fine.

• Members

you can blame the ratings drop[ on EJami all you want. or j&j leaving, or the lack of storyliens for hobo & jarlena. or the vets not being on enough.

but the bottom line is Days of Our Lives has, at best, been okay for the past 8 years now. And just being okay, isnt okay. It borring and nothing ever happens. the ratings drop is simple. the show has sucked for almost 10 years now and it starting to show in the ratings.

add to the crappy show, the lack of using old fan faves, the fact that a lot of people now have many more options than daytime, and the fact that people are reality tv obsessed and thats why days ratings have dropped.

Archived