DAYS: Tuesday, Oct. 16

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If only the system was different :(. It sucks. I don't know how they would change it but something needs to happen.

I agree Martha is rocking this still and I want her to get nommed next year.

I love Morgan! Clearly, as I said yesterday the new casting director has her stuff together. I hope they keep her on even if it is just recurring.

• Members

IA with you, and do see what you're saying. SB, though, if I remember, won Emmys when it was lower rated. Now, it wasn't sitting in the cellar :lol: , but I see what you're saying.

One can hope. That is..........if Ken Corday can keep his damn hands off this show.

• Members

Martha is the best thing acting-wise in this storyline IMO. If Days doesn't pre-nom her again this year, it will be a [!@#$%^&*] crime. She might be the one that gets Days/NBC's token nomination, and really, she has the best shot.

the exchanges between Marlena and John were sweet. Tomorrow should be much better and much more emotional.

As for a Drama Series nomination, it's numerically impossible for Days to get nominated. CBS and ABC soaps each have 16 votes, Days only has 2 votes (4 with Passions). Unless the Academy changes its guidelines, Days will be shut out again.

• Members

Wow, the show is making me feel again, something I didn't think it could do. If John's death grounds the show in reality again, then I think it's the right move. Great acting all around, especially Martha as everyone has said. Also, you really could see the years of history between Marlena and John as Marlena looked in his eyes. EJ really annoyed me with his smile at the end, I have always wanted Sami and EJ, but it's kind of hard to root for them, when you just know that EJ couldn't care less that John is dying. I would have liked to have seen him feeling bad, that Sami was feeling bad. Also, I wish we had a last seen between John and Sami, where Sami says she is sorry for all the rotten ways she treated John.

Agree with everyone about Morgan; great casting. I hope they give her a contract and a backstory.

• Members

It would make sense because CBS normally has 3 of the 4 slots with an ABC show alternating in. Call me crazy but I think they should just let all 9 shows submit to episodes for the actual voting. It could help with ratings possibly since people would tune it more. They could then have montages of every show which is always my favorite part airing throughout the telecast.

• Members

For some reason, DAYS didn't air in my market today. My DVR was set to record and it didn't...DAYS didn't even show up in the guide. Now I find out that I can't even record it until 10 tomorrow morning. HORSEPUCKY I TELL YA!

<_<

• Members

My stupid ComCraptic thing make me set up the guide and my VCR and it randomly resets itself for no apparant reason whatsoever. BUT I thought ahead this morning and left the channel on the NBC station when I turned it off and lucky for me today because it did the resetting thing so I didn't get to record GH, but whatever, I would of freaked out if it didn't record DAYS. I am not going to record over this just yet either.

• Members

I am only watch Days since the serial killer story, but this John thing makes me so angry. He is DOOL. I guess it is heresy to say this but I have to be honest, JER was a better writer than Hogan Sheffer and this hack has decimated the show totally with his neverending parade of post teens nobody asked to see. The sorority story? I hope they all get killed, frankly.

Why would the show kill John? It make no sense. Deidre Hall and MM were choking me up today, and it is frustrating this came out of nowhere and not even as a result of a story. He just went from reading letters once a week to dead. And Hogan Sheffer won emmys? He sucks and he has poor taste. If they had to kill someone over the age of 30, I guess I would rather they killed of Roman because he never seems to do much anyway. Drake Hogestyn is the man, the guy with all the charisma wrapped up in a single eyebrow, and Days deserves every 1.6 it gets.

• Members

I have never cried like this for a TV show, and all I can say is thank you to Deidre for a mindblowing performance. As a J&M fan, the respect and love between them just shined. And the fact that Drake even put in small touches, considering the past, amazing. They were committed to it and it showed.

I love that Marlena is actually kind of calm. She's not freaking out. Partly because she knows this is it, and she puts him first, and partly because that's what happens in a situation like this. You don't scream, you don't fret around, you can't do anything, you become paralyzed in a way.

• Members

Charisma? Seriously. :o. I along with many others are happy for this twist. John has been a shell of his former self for years. That poor taste comment is hilarious I wish I could eleborate but I would get myself in soooo much trouble. :lol:

• Members

Yeah, I totally agree with the way that Dee is playing Marlena. She is in a state of shock, and when something like this happens, you do get numb. And she wouldn't let John see her all hysterical, she wouldn't do that to him. I'm impressed with Drake too, he is adding little things in his performance, and I can't imagine what he is thinking. Obviously he wants to end on a good note, but you would think he would be kind of bitter now. I hope Marlena takes her revenge in ways no one would imagine, she doesn't have to be an alcoholic anymore for me to be happy :) Let her take revenge, become a powerful force to be dealt with, as she takes care of her family!

• Members

amazing episode today, Martha Madison and Deidre Hall is rocking this storyline. If they dont get an emmy nom and win, it would be a shame. OMG i teared up when he was holding claire and said im going to miss you. So for another flawless episode.

I also enjoyed max/morgan/stephanie drama. I am so loving Morgan Hollingsworth, she is awesome. I say keep her and dump jett and jeremy. I like Max with morgan and stephanie, i am going to enjoy this love triangle. OMG Shelley looking even hotter today with her striaght long hair. I love both Morgan and Stephanie, of course i love chelsea too.

This sorority story isnt half bad, it is actually good. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Morgan Hollingsworth.

Archived