DAYS: Tuesday, Oct. 16

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK I've only seen the John-Marlena-Belle hospital stuff for tomorrow's show and since I'm not going to be able to post live most likely tomorrow I thought I'd post my thoughts now.

I know Martha Madison has got a lot of raves from people for her work the past few days, but frankly I hadn't been seeing it. Well I do in Tuesday's show. The girl broke my heart completely. Amazing work.

Seriously, I don't know if I've ever cried as hard over DOOL as I did watching these clips tonight and a couple hours after watching them I'm still emotionally drained. And until a couple days ago I didn't even think I was a John or John and Marlena fan. Really amazing performances all around by Martha, Dee and Drake. The production of it all and the script were all well done too, even if I don't really remember John Black caring that much about baseball or being a Cubs fan, OK, as one myself, I just ate ALL of the lines about that up with a spoon and it made me cry even harder because it is such a family thing passed down for most Cubs fans and it certainly was in my family.

Yet as much as it hurts to see John this way, there's another part of me that is somehow relieved that the scenes had the ability to affect me this much. Because though I've always had a sentimental place in my heart for John, I really thought upon hearing the news about him going that this wouldn't affect me at all, that the years of questionable writing and crazy stories and finally the backburnering had taken their toll and I wasn't a John or John and Marlena fan. Nope. In the end, the character of John Black triumphed over all the crap he's been put through the last several years and in spite of the best efforts of Corday and Sheffer and whoever else of TPTB wanted Drake gone to make me feel nothing and not care a whit that John is dying, I have to say seeing him on DOOL for one of the last times and seeing the grief that puts Marlena and Belle through has me a wreck right now.

I don't know how the show plans to turn the pain of viewers like me into ratings gold, but they sure got me feeling that pain if that was their goal.

• Administrator

I want to see Hope, Caroline, Kayla say goodbye to John and I really wanted a last Bo/John scene where they say something like, "I've always considered you to be my brother." And John tells Bo to look after Marlena. Maybe we'll get a scene like this tomorrow?

• Members

I should have waited until later today to watch because I have an eye doctor appointment later and now my eyes are going to be red and puffy!

Such a heartbreaking episode. John, Marlena and Belle all broke my heart today...and the ending with Claire was so sad (she's grown so big!). I don't understand why Lucas thought this was a good time to discuss EJ and the annulment with Sami; he needs to shut up and just comfort her. And EJ needs to quit lurking around, too.

I really like Morgan and thinks she's a good fit with Max. Stephanie is way too immature and superficial, not to mention she's now an obsessive stalker.

• Members

MARTHA AND DEE ARE OWNING THIS!!

Dee finally got me when John woke up. That whole exchange with them was so adorable and sad, especially when it got to the point where he realized it was bad and saw through her. He knew she was putting up a front. Good work by both Dee and Drake. Sami/Belle was awesome stuff with the mention of baseball and all. Ali was getting to me too. The LUMI scenes are even sad today because not only is she losing John but also Lucas as well.

The Belle/John private scene was heartbreaking. I was in tears when she gave him a hug and he asked her to make Claire a Cubs fan. Belle begging him not to talk like that...him asking her not to forget him and then getting up slightly to kiss her on the head after she broke down ...and then that last scene. John's goodbye to Claire with everyone looking on...I was a blubbering mess and it takes alot believe me.

I love Max/Morgan. Morgan is one of the best new females in years. Enjoyed Stephanie/Chelsea today too. Really added a much needed levity yet again. Nice way to use Caroline as well. I just love seeing people at the Pub and I love how we had Belle calling Hope at the beginning and Caroline being called and coming with Shawn Sr at the end after telling Max, who told Chelsea and Stephanie. It was just like in real life when people call and being to convene at a deathbed. Well done. It really added to the emotion of it all. Just all the little things...Shawn embracing Marlena...Caroline's reaction, kissing John's hand, and John asking for chowder. They really are playing all the beats.

Fantastic show today. I saw some clips of tomorrow and it looks like we are really in for it tomorrow. Get the tissues ready. God knows I already used them the past two days.

Archived