Changes Planned to Save 'Turns' and 'Light'

• Members

Since this one doesn't really involve "action", I think it'll look better. I saw a promo featuring Carly and Jack walking and down by a lake gazing at a boat named "True Love". I think it'll be hard to screw this up. It's not just people running around or kinda/sorta going over a "cliff".

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, the sad thing is, if somehow it keeps everyone from tromping through the same three sets, and gives us a feeling of "privacy" by allowing more than one room per house to be shown (which I think is the purpose to the "town" sets, I guess), it might make me somewhat happy. I'd hate for ATWT to become as bad as GL, set wise. (Then again, maybe it already is...Jack and Katie got married in Emma's front yard. Which is only slightly less populated than GL's "Main Street".)

• Members

How cheap would it be to produce those outdoor locales for ATWT and GL?! Would an actor have to commute to the New Jersey Location with his/her own expenses or would that be via the expenses of the show?!

Sounds to me like they are shooting the show like a telenovela...taping a lot of outdoor locales in one day. Which, may not be a bad idea for a business model, but I jsut have to wonder if the reconstructed sets mean that we will see the shows in same situations we do now...the same three sets being used each and every episode...

I could care less WHAT the show really looked like, although I do judge it. Writing is KEY and both PGP shows are suffering in that department.

• Members

If it's down to basics budget-wise, I'm sure the actors have to get to work on their own. I seem to recall seeing behind the scenes footage of Beth Ehlers driving herself to GL early one morning, not long ago. I'm guessing your question is about tolls, because there's really no other expense in going to New Jersey! I'm sure the location scouts will take into consideration the ease of adjusting from the old distance. If you're already used to coming in from Connecticut or closer, it's really no big deal.

I'm hoping there's some real authenticity visually with the outdoor shooting. I still remember Craig wearing a coat in Canada when he fought Paul in June on ATWT. :huh:

• Members

I find the irony in FOX News reporting about soaps, especially when they couldn't promote and support their OWN soap opera lineup.

But their articles about the genre are usually dead on the money when it comes to the soap opera genre.

I do find it interesting that PGP and P&G are two seperate entities and have been treated as such.

I wished PGP would sell their shows too!

• Members

I object to the word "save." They are not trying to save the shows; they are trying to keep them on the air. Big Difference.

IMO the word save implies that the show will be rescued from cancellation with some dignity, intelligence and identity. At this point, that ain't going to happen.

So the shows are modeling after a B-rated MTV teen show? Why not just cancel already and leave these show with at least a speck of dignity?

• Members

The new initiative is about the LOOK. They aren't going to be plotted like teen reality shows. Dignity would be having them go out on at the top of their game with good writing. Cancellation now is pretty cruel considering that the most basic solution hasn't been tried yet.

• Members

Oh, I know that they are only modeling the look, but for the past few years, NotGL has reminded me of a bad teen show. You know the ones, where even the adults are written so bad that they act like teens themselves. The show right now has all the depth of an episode of Sesame Street.

I WISH the show would go out with dignity. Screw the budget, get good writers and then give the show six months, but I know it isn't going to happen. Therefore, I'd rather the show just end so it doesn't continue to drag the REAL GL's legacy down with it. Consider it a mercy killing. Send the show to Oregon and pull the plug. Then send Wheeler and Kreizman to hell in a hand basket where they will be forced to watch their shitty tenure for the rest of eternity. (Do I sound bitter or is it just me?)

• Members

DAYS better go up in the ratings this week or there is no justice in this world. Not to hijack, but that death was the best death I've seen since Maureen Bauer's. Just frickin brilliant.

Why their ratings are so low? I have no idea, but it's not an accurate reflection of the quality of the show. But with GL it is.

• Members

First of all, sorry, guys. But this is GOOD for daytime. IN fact, I'm going to definitely check out these revamped shows when they air. The changes are gonna rock!

Fox news, which I normally LOVE, has no F'in' idea what they're talkin' about. PGP is not trying to kill the soaps. That makes no sense. If it were, it'd let them putter along as they have. I think these concerted efforts to CHANGE the look and production (and budget) of the show are good signs.

That being said, what UP with Elle?:

"ow, a real New Jersey town - Wheeler declined to name which one - will double as Springfield for exterior scenes."

Um, girl, this isn't like the identity of John Black's killer in the hit-and-run on "Days." There is NO good reason for you to "decline to name" which city will be used for the exterior shots. I mean, GET REAL. SPILL THE BEANS ALREADY!!!

Archived