GH: Week Of Oct 8th

• Members

If this week continues to be about plot points that happened on Night Shift it isn't going to be awesome it is gonna be confusing. They maintained all the way up to the end the shows were seperated from Jason being in Jail during the day and running around free at night to Maxie having a nightime only staph infection.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This Lucky/Liz drama is so unnecesary. I dont get why she just wont agree to the agreement that Alexis brought up. Lucky isnt trying to take those boys from her. He just wants his rights protected and they arent under Diane's proposal as she's looking for Jason's best interest here, not Lucky/Liz's. I was disgusted by her and Liz theatening to use his addiction and recovery and throw that in his face. He's made so much progress and has come along way. I get that its her job, but its still a dirty tactic to use

What is Robin doing? She looked like a loser especially since Patrick dumped her and has moved on with someone else.

This Nadine chick reminds me of Sabrina Bryant from the Cheetah Girls and DWTS

Sonny and Carly fighting over Nancy Drew was stupid

Again really missing Sam. I wish they had explained her absence. They should have said that Sam went on a media tour to promote the new season of Everyday Heroes or that she went across the country for some location shoots. They could have easily incorporated that into the show and not make her dissappearance so obvious

• Administrator

I really liked Nadine. Is she on recurring or is she just going to be on for a few episodes and what's the actress' name? She reminds me of Bethany Joy Galeotti (Haley on One Trill Hill). I really liked that that Nikolas stood up for her. There should be a Emily/Nik/Nadine triangle.

And I love Natalia/Emily's hairstyle in these past couple of episodes. Damn, that girl is beautiful. :wub:

• Members

Much like Chandra Wilson's role on Grey's Anatomy, Epiphany is a sexless, matriarchal black woman who intimidates when the surface assumption is that she commands respect. But the white characters she props love her gusto deep down inside, and take all her criticism to heart. :rolleyes: It's the type of dreck Whoopi Goldberg has played a billion times. Oh, Mammy!

• Members

i was just comming to say that i think im in love with that actress because she reminded me of BJG!! she is really pretty and a good actress. GH is sooo hit or miss with casting and this one is a hit, IMO, and i kinda want her to stay around. Plus shes a nurse...

NL is extreamly pretty, but she cant act much. I dont thinkl shes awful or have hate for her like others here, but i think for that role they should have got someone with more power behind the acting.

I loved todays eppy. It was great. I am loving the fact that Kate Howard is now away from sonny and into the hospital. great turn in her storyline. I really want for her to start up a magazine. She could hire Maxie & Sam on. It would be AMAZING! lol at kate howard "look at that girl, its tragic.. who would wear that?" and yes ephif is a stereotype role, but the actress knocks it out opf the park. now if only they could give her some romance!! and kate/jax? i like...

remeber when jax/carly owned a club together? what happend to that cuz i cant remember.

alexis, how i loath this woman. just in general, always have. but NLG is amazing ... Greg & Becky are doing great with this storyline. I hope Liz & Diane kick ass tho, because i like them better.

wow, as much as i love kelly monaco the show has been great being sam free.

i really like the night shift people on gh, mostly because it adds more hospital drama to General Hospital. but where is Monica? and Bobbie?

• Members

I've only seen Whoopi in a handful of movies and none of the characters she played in any of them were like the description you gave but maybe I'm oblivious (Color Purple, Ghost to name a couple). I've watched GA sporadically but I thought Bailey was supposed to be a character that commands respect regardless of her race. Chandra Wilson makes a point of saying that the audition was for a white character and she went anyway and got the role. Epiphany could be viewed as Jessie Brewer kicked up several knots. The actresses might be putting their spin on the characters they are portraying but I'm not seeing them as stereotypical black female characters. In Chandra Wilson's case there is no other black female on the show to contrast or contradict that but for a few minutes each month, Kent King's Lainey is a contrast to Epiphany.

I'm guessing that Whoopi is the only one of the three that you're saying plays the mammy type character since mammys tend to "know their place" even when they speak their minds....or at least that's how I think they normally are presented.

• Members

I liked today's show overall. If I were to complain about anything it would be how Spinelli and Epiphany reacted to Nadine but Nikolas set them straight and that made for a good scene.

I'm not really feeling the conflict they are trying to generate between Nikolas and Emily and that might be an acting issue. Or a combination of some weak writing and acting.

I don't like Robin starting things with Leyla and then standing around taking whatever Leyla says. Her going to the MC was pathetic. The actress playing Leyla seems like she's trying to hard. She's too slow and deliberate with her words and it loses whatever effect it's supposed to have. Nothing tops Robin's lack of response.

I don't remember what happened to the club Jax and Carly owned. I like that he'll do business with Kate but I hope they don't OD on jealous Carly.

The whole Lucky and Elizabeth divorce is made the more ridiculous because if they have issues with the attorneys then they should go and find a neutral attorney. Lucky has good reason not to be comfortable with Diane and Elizabeth has good reason not to be comfortable with Alexis. The stupid move of the day from him was threatening to sue for sole custody if she didn't drop Diane. Threaten someone and they usually want to fight back. If he wants to paint her as a bad mother to get her way then she should fight back. So Jason's been seen holding Jake in public numerous times. Do those clowns remember that Jason is the one who brought him back home after he was kidnapped and naturally had to hold him then too? The best part of this silliness will be when the truth comes out.

Yay for Kate walking in and stopping Leo from going any further with Kelly. It's good that they are getting air time but if they are only going to have her popping up clawing at sexy guys as filler then too bad. Maybe Lainey can also pop up and give her some friendly advice as well.

• Members

This is exactly as I feel. Frons is so horny for them that the truely believes them to be a bonafide super couple even though I find them at best to be a tepid teen couple. Yes there nice and cute and even some times mildly hot and passionate. But I feel no attachment to Logan or Lugan the way that I was back in 06' with Lulu and Dillion. I was WRECKED with Lulu's abortion and Dillion and Lulu IMO were in a much richer relationship then what I have currently seen with Logan/Lulu. Ultimately they have made a huge mistake with having all of the men in this town under the age of 30 become enamored and obsessed with Lulu, because like you said at this point they are all replaceable and none are especially unique or different. Sans Spenilli and Johnny IMO. All the rest are virtually the same.

Coop and Logan are basically the same character, Coop was the original good boy forced into doing bad things, while Logan was the bad boy with a good heart and it's basically the same core character just with little things changing them. Coop is perfect while Logan is angry and screws up. Yawn.

Ultimately Frons is hinging this entire couple based on the histroic rivalry between Scott and Luke. Not really on anything these two can create. I just don't see the appeal of them and that comes largely to the same-y/shapeless character that is Logan and the Carly Benson pt. 2 concuction the writing team is trying so hard to make Lulu.

Johnny however is an anomoly and is someone I am very interested in at the moment. Thier little scenes have me for the first time actually interested in a Lulu storyline since Laura's awakening.

• Members

Id love to see GH give it a go with Johnny & Maxie. Its like with Lulu & every man GH is TRYING to make another supercouple. correct me if imw rong but wasnt Luke only suposed to be 13 weeks or so? Its random pairings that work, IMO. Who knows what could happend with Maxie & Johnny.

and for layla/patrick/robin. i HATE robin with a passion now. shes so whinny and pathtic i cant stand it. i like the actress playing layla, tho i think her acting can come across as trying to hard but i think that might have more to do with accent than anything. but idk.

• Members

To me, Diane and Liz aren't doing any more that Lucky and Alexis. Lucky is willing to basically call Liz a bad mother with is NOT true to get what he wants. Now Diane using Lucky's drug addiction is something that IS true. He was strung out a little over a year ago, so you saying that Diane and Liz using Lucky's drug addiction is a dirty tactic well so is calling Liz a bad mother. I'll be glad when it comes out that Jake is really Jason's son that way Lucky won't have a leg to stand on because Alexis made it a point to tell Lucky that since Jake is his biological child, he has rights but since we know he's not, those "rights" are about to go out the window.

Archived