DAYS: Wednesday, Oct. 3

• Members
Wednesday, Oct. 3
DAYS OF OUR LIVES

HopeIceCaught.jpg

Classic clip o' the day: Bo puts Hope in charge of guarding an uncooperative Steve and the two wrestle with their trust issues

Yesterday on DAYS:
-Steve tries to turn the tables on the DiMeras
-EJ and Sami work to defuse a dangerous situation at the pub
-Lucas thinks its time to cut the cord with Kate
-Hope and Bo search for Steve

Today on DAYS:

-Steve continues to hold Stefano hostage
-EJ and Sami are left breathless by their latest crisis
-Andre gets sick of taking orders and starts making his own
-Stephanie and Chelsea get a rush in sizing up the competition

Discuss.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK... Stephen Nichols and Joseph Mascolo continued to own and Thaao, Peter, Bryan, Kristian, James and Ali were all great too today. I watched the clips of the studio stuff as well as the pub stuff last night and found myself completely spellbound by the intensity of the performances and brilliance of the production and power of the story.

Unfortunately, watching it today was nowhere near as satisfying because the college girls story just didn't really seem to fit into this narrative at all and sucked me out of it all while the commercials gave me the opportunity to wonder why the hell no one called Kayla to let her know that Benjy is dead and Steve has gone crazy. I mean... where is she??? Has Hope tried calling her and couldn't get through? Is Kayla with Pocket? Did Andre kidnap her and kill her off screen? Have we seen her since she called the paramedics for Steve after he got stabbed? And for that matter why hasn't anyone let Stephanie know what's up and why is she and Chelsea out partying later the same evening that crazy Andre stabbed Steve? *sighs*

That said, I love Stefano taking on Andre and their dirty laundry getting aired in front of all the Bradys as well as Andre snapping at the end and taking Hope hostage.

The EJ and Sami scenes were also quite fun as short as they were. I love watching them bicker, I love watching them as teammates rescuing each other rather than needing someone to save them and loved seeing Sami finally admit she cares about EJ (especially with Lucas seeing them together) although it would be a lot more satisfying if she admitted it while EJ was conscious and if I was not expecting the EJami/Lumi love pingpong table to jerk back the other way soon with EJ back to being villified.

• Members

I haven't watched yet, but the same thing happened - I think it was Monday - when Steve found Benji and Chelsea and Stephanie were at the sorority house - totally distracting from the intensity of the rest of the show. This is the type of filler we don't need in an otherwise terrific episode. It looks like the same thing will happen today.

• Administrator

That was favorite part of today's episode. Stefano finally sees for himself that he's lost control of Andre and Andre finally realizes that he will never be #1 in Stefano's eyes - Stefaon's doing it all for EJ.

Now Andre has Hope as his hostage and Bo's going after them. Can't wait till tomorrow.

I agree with the sorority storyline playing with this vendetta story when it's action packed. It just doesn't flow well. I too would've prefered to see Kayla react to Benjy's death.

• Members

Valley Girl sororities aren't much better than Valley Girl hot tub bimbos. I don't know why we're being subjected to this crap. Then it figures that fake Stephanie sex sex sex offers to go streaking. This girl is so not the excellent character played and written earlier so much better.

The writers need to have an intervention.

• Members

Today was good.

The sorority story was fine. It helped balance out the drama. Usually, scenes like this mixed in with intense drama are applauded and I guess I will be the only one to do that. I appreciate the fact that this story is not being forced on us and I liked seeing the girls interact with Adrienne. At least now they are in a realistic, age-relevant story, unlike TTS. I think if these scenes included characters not dominating the frontburner this year, there would be no complaints Oh well.

As for Kayla learning about Benji, she is with Pocket and that is coming. The girls probably don't know because they were at school and usually the children are the last to know in situations like this, unless they are nearby or right there when it happens. Stephanie will learns about her father and Benji soon. Days is playing the beats right now for the first time in over a year. I just think we want it all at once and that is unfair IMO.

The news station scenes were great. Loved the Stefano/Andre stuff, which was needed. Good to see Bo and Hope involved and even Sami/EJ was fun and dramatic. Love the bickering. I also love seeing Lucas in his current role. Loved the end too. The acting and writing is top notch.

Keep it up Days. You are rolling.

• Administrator

One thing I didn't like was at the end with Lucas. Lucas is suppose to be in a hurry trying to get to Sami, but we just see him slowly opening the door and looking in at EJ/Sami like he's spying on them? Bad on the director or breakdown writer for that.

• Members

First I will not read spoilers. Repeat 3 times and then probably toss it out the window, even though spoilers can lead to insanity and ruin a show that I've actually been enjoying again. I also need to remind myself of the things Sheffer has written in the past and not get used to loving the show again because, at some point, he's bound to blow it in a huge way. :angry:

That said; ITA with IMissAremid that watching the clips without the sorority stuff made it so much better. Out of those scenes, the main thing that totally hit me as WTF was seeing Adrienne get smacked on the ass. I mean this isn't Bonnie, and yes drunks can be obnoxious, but this was a HUGE insult to Adrienne - and thus another smack in the face from Sheffer. Go figure.

Loved Sami and EJ: the banter, the oil, the glass, them working together and Sami finally telling EJ she cares about him. (Granted since he didn't hear her, but she knows she said it, I expect her to go into complete bitch mode toward him asap). It was also interesting that she said she hated him for what he did to her family but didn't mention how he hurt her / what he did to her. The scene where she was holding his head and stroking his face was very sweet - somehow the word doesn't seem to fit but that's how I reacted. And same to her holding his head against her chest, smoothing his hair and telling him she was there and they were going to be ok. The tenderness shown in that little clip was stronger than I've seen in a long time on Days (other than the Santo/Colleen love making scene). I totally loved it and it worked!

lucas coming in reminded me of him peering over the shrubs in NOL spying on EJ and Sami talking in the cemetery (and who the heck was Sophia that was buried there -- will we ever know? does it even matter?) But to give him the benefit of the doubt, I can see going in slowly if he was expecting to see Sami's dead body, YKWIM? Not something most people want to rush in to see - esp since Roman confirmed that she was dead. I do like the fact he left without saying anything. It fit with how the character was portrayed yesterday and the phone call he made to her from the studio.

The studio -- ok we could have left lucas out of those scenes totally. I don't like to root for any character to die, but Andre's offer... well it was almost too hard to resist, and I know I was mentally chanting "shoot! shoot! shoot!" Not nice I know, but true. Loved the guy from the station asking Bo if he always brought the whole family to things like this :D

Bo and Hope were great together, and I always like Bo a lot more when Hope is there. She seems to un-punk him and that's a plus; and after all these years they're still totally fantastic together. The scenes with Stefano, Andre, Bo, Hope and Steve were awesome and matched the quality and and intensity of yesterday's episode (minus the heartwrenching Benji factor). Great camera work on the scuffle and it came across just right! Loved Andre saying Hope smells better -- Andre's wit has been a huge plus for Days. Stefano's reaction to Andre was so powerful and gripping - the fact that Sheffer is writing him (and Tony/Andre) true to character instead of the stupid toon version is something I'll always give him a huge thumbs up for - and the same for him finally getting Steve and writing him right.

Good stuff, and I'm able to deal with the sorority related stuff if the majority of the show is as excellent as it was today!

• Members

Great comments. ITA. And something else about Hope that I loved about this is that there was this throwaway line where Bo mentioned Hope being a cop. Do we think Bo was just saying that to the station manager to get him off his case or they really are making Hope a cop again? I for one would love that. I love their investigations together and want Hope to have a career again.

Archived