DAYS: Tuesday, Oct. 2

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So much word. They were mesmerizing. And their chemistry is incredible.

A friend of mine who took the NBC tour a few months ago says that set looks like the Hispanic TV broadcast unit at the Burbank studio which is just down the hall from the Days soundstage.

• Members

Wow...wonderful show today..I actually watched about 12 episodes of Days today, was in Europe for the past 2 weeks...Todays was by far the best, but last week was great as well..There is so much more intensity in the performances...The actors are really giving it their all..Kudos to SN, JM, LK and BD for the strongest performances today...And i had no idea about Steve taking Stefano hostage at the news station, it was nice to be surprised..

• Members

I'm watching Soapnet right now and Days is incredible today. SN and JM, wow. Words can't do it justice. SN is a lock for a Best Actor Emmy nomination if he submits this episode.

Lauren is breaking my heart so far. No one plays vulnerable better, and today is proof that she needs to be in a story worth of her talents.

Even Bryan isn't annoying me today.

• Members

Phenomenal episode. That's all I can say. Since late last week, something has just "clicked" with DAYS. I tell you, it's like watching a show with writers who have DID. Those who write shitty, half-assed stories, and then those who write emotionally charged, great drama that keeps you on the edge of your seat and wiping tears at the same time.

• Members

Damn.

That's all I can say. BD, LK, JM & SN all better put these reels away for Emmy consideration because these were some of the best performances I have seen form all four of them. Period.

Someone (ES and HS) must have lit a HUGE fire under his ass, because the last two episodes were out of the park. But, his work with LK really was wonderful. No yelling or screaming, just understated reasoning that his mother doesn't give a damn about anyone's happiness but her own. And LK pulled out every trick. When Lucas was born, all she did for him, how she sacrificed......and it all meant nothing. Not one damn thing. Her most honest portrayal of kate becuase kate still doesn't get it. You pushed your son away for the last time, and he not only told you to f*** off, he changed his last name and was prepared to drag you out of the car. Wonderful work. |

JM and SN better get Emmy nods or I'm boycotting the Awards. They played off each other so well. I know Stefano had Benji killed, and is just faking it, but he looked like a lost soul when he found out. And........the nod to history. FINALLY!! Excellent work.

The stuff with Sami and EJ pisses me off because I feel Lucas's' pain. I also believe that EJ, Stefano & Andre have set this whole thing up form the beggining. They are suckering Sami and when she finds out she's been duped.......I hope Lucas lets her have it!

Great work all the way around. If this contunues, this may be a case of Days being the best shwo no one's watching.

• Members

I can't believe how good this episode was; the Steve-Stephano scenes, the Lucas-Kate scenes...

I hate to make the comparison between John and Steve, but have John and Stefano ever had any scenes like that. Could Drake match Joseph in scenes? As popular as Drake is, he is so over to the top and untrained and I'm sure costs a lot of money. Maybe there is more potential with a widowed Marlena at this point

• Members

Good episode all around. I wish they'd stop having Lucas say, "Is that it?!" over and over, though. I have no sympathy for Kate, because she was STILL lying to her son (about not knowing the conditions of the vendetta until he walked into the room). It's just the same old crap that they've been writing for Kate and Lucas for nearly a decade. I wasn't cool with Andre having yet another bomb - he was a slasher, not an arsonist/pyromaniac - but some of the writing has improved.

• Members

DAYS is on FIRE! I am used to deleting the eppies after I am done watching them, but since last Wednesday I have saved every single one. I can't believe how good DAYS has gotten in such a short period. My only explanation is bringing over ES and two fabulous directors from Y&R. The lighting, sets, and direction have been top notch and with the acting and writing improving immensely DAYS has fast become must see tv for me. I always watch DAYS regardless, but right now the second I get home from work instead of a nap or listening to the radio I hurry to flip on DAYS. Of course DAYS isn't perfect right now, but its thisclose to being awesome. With some better balance, featuring other characters, and better continuity I think DAYS like Roman said could be the best soap/show on TV no one is watching.

On to the eppies(Monday and Tuesday)....

I am one of Lauren Koslow's biggest fans, so I am thrilled to see her get some meaty material for once. She as usual ran with what she got, she was just heartwrenching to watch. I felt for Kate, even though she has done nothing but cause Lucas pain for the last 8-10 years.

I have always enjoyed Joe Mascalo, but damn is he good. Last month Joe shined when Stefano saw Santo as a dream, something I didn't think Joe would beat. Well I was wrong, Joe has shined all week and should easily be in the running for an Emmy. He plays hurt better than just about anyone, I am so glad DAYS got him back.

I think Stephen Nichols is the best actor DAYS has, or at least is right up there with JM, TP, JR, and PR. I am loving seeing him get so much airtime and hope Benji gets a funeral. I just wish Kayla would have been shown by now, but I am sure she will be told soon enough.

I could go on and on, so I am gonna stop here and just try and get everyone to go spoiler free. Just try it for one week, if you think the show is good knowing all the spoilers its almost twice as good not knowing any spoilers.

Archived