DAYS: Tuesday, Oct. 2

• Members
Tuesday, Oct. 2
DAYS OF OUR LIVES

1987hortonfamily.gif

Classic Clip o' the Day: Laura exposes Kate's promiscuous past and Lucas learns he's a Horton

Yesterday on DAYS:
-Lucas pleads with Sami not to end their marriage
-Stefano fills in Kate on the deal he's brokered
-Steve seeks to confront Stefano for Benjy's death
-Andre shows up at the pub with an explosive surprise for Sami and EJ

Today on DAYS:
-Steve tries to turn the tables on the DiMeras
-EJ and Sami work to defuse a dangerous situation at the pub
-Lucas thinks its time to cut the cord with Kate
-Hope and Bo search for Steve

Discuss.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

When they cut to the news anchor, I was like "What's going on....." Then we see Steve holding Stefano hostage!! With that and bomb about to go off, I was on the edge of my seat.

Amazing episode!!!

What a great way to start off the month. October is going to be fantastic!

• Members

The Steve-Stefano scenes were so INTENSE. Loved them. I adored Stefano's growl when Steve came at him with the pillow. I loved Steve's desperation talking about everything he wanted that Stefano took from him and him not accepting Stefano's display of grief for Benjy. These two are magic together and made this episode for me.

The Kate-Lucas scenes were also intense and well-acted and I guess well-written in their own self-contained way within this episode but not in the greater context of the show and Kate-Lucas history as a whole because the disowning could be about a billion more times satisfying if... Lucas was disowning Kate this majorly to take the step of changing his name five or so years ago and we hadn't heard all this crap before, like maybe he had the epiphany that Kate would never support his relationship with Sami and cut her out of her life after the Brandon wedding where she drugged Sami and wound up having to grovel for Sami's forgiveness for doubting her and putting Kate first, or if Lucas was actually disowning Kate this majorly for something she did wrong rather than a misunderstanding stemming from an incorrect assumption that his mother was a part of something that Kate had nothing to do with but was actually Stefano's handiwork. Because in this scene ALL OF MY SYMPATHY went to Kate while Lucas just came across as an even bigger snot than I already think he is, while at the same time I'm mad this show is making me feel for Kate when she does deserve to be punished for the Nick blackmailing. I just want her to suffer a worse fate for that than Lucas disowning her for the kajillionth time like maybe Roman calling her out, Sami plotting against her or the DiMeras making life hell for her. I get no satisfaction watching Lucas blaming Kate for all of his problems in life YET AGAIN as he looks down on her from his high horse. I do like him taking the Horton name though, even if it is long overdue. I just hope they really truly do keep him a Horton and don't give in to fan pressure to make him a DiMera.

Crying jag, basketcase Sami is driving ME to tears. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Make it stop! Someone make it stop! Sami is my favorite female character on this show. I should not be cheering when Andre talks about making her stop talking permanently. Ugh. Stop being so bipolar, Sami.

Now that said, the fake news anchor and newsroom set was really fricking cool. I can't ever remember DOOL doing something like that before. LOVED IT. If they could just end this EJami/Lumi crap one way or another and let Sami stop being a basketcase I think I could really love this show.

• Members

This is one of the few boards I can go to and not feel like something is seriously wrong with me because I'm falling in love with Days again :P Seven decent shows in a row - I'm impressed.

Today's show was strong the whole way around. Every scene felt right, was written right, the acting was above and beyond, and I was pulled into the scenes and on the edge of my seat. JM and SN... brilliance doesn't feel like a strong enough word. Those scenes alone were some of the best ever and were emotionally shattering. Kate was so sincere and while I'm not for her being trashed for something she didn't do, both characters were moving and the acting was good. The scenes in the pub held my attention and interest and great expressions by AS, JS and TP. At least poor Roman started looking a bit better after getting some water down - I mean seriously, I'm noting the way JT drank the water and giving it a thumbs up lol!

Another case of Soapy Stupids: Steve not letting Stefano answer his phone. Ok, I get it for storyline purposes, but since it wouldn't seem like many people would be calling Stefano in the hospital, it would have made sense for Steve to let him answer it (meaning we wouldn't have gotten the tv station drama though). And Sami going weird when EJ tells Andre the vendetta's over; as in Hello that's your father with a bomb around him not the smartest move... Loved EJ's reaction and I wanted to smack her myself, mainly because Sami used to have spunk but she was smart too. Might just be me on that one. But now we have the Brady's being directly responsible for Benjy being cut open and then killed and Steve for whatever happens as a result of Stefano not being allowed to answer the phone. Again soapy stuff so it didn't take away from the show at all.

This is seriously good stuff!!

• Members

Fantastic show today. SN and JM were on fire and gave emmy-caliber performances. Their talk about Benji was so emotional and the writing for that scene was superb. Just loved it. It was a long scene but it had so much meaning to it. Loved Steve and Stefano taking over the news too and seeing everyone's reactions to it. All around these scenes were amazing. Nice to see Hope involved in the drama too. The newsroom looked amazing. I can't remember ever seeing anything like that on Days .

BD and LK were awesome. BD has really come alive and I just love him changing his name (like Roman and I did in Salem Lives...shameless plug :lol: ). Great scenes and they had a nice finality about him. It's been coming for so long and I loved it. There was also new background music when Lucas called Sami when Kate was out of the car. Whatever it was, I loved it.

The Pub scenes didn't really dominate the whole show and I liked that. AS and JT were good and Thaoo continues to shine. The bomb drama was very good and that ending with Andre seeing Steve with Stefano and Sami just smiling was a perfect way to end a great hour of drama.

I can't wait for tomorrow. This month is off to a fantastic start.

• Administrator

I forgot to mention this scene! Kudos to the breakdown writer for giving us this long scene.

They seriously need to decrease the show by 1 act so we could have longer scenes like the one we had today.

• Members

Oh something else...

The continuity issues are distracting.

Lucas got shot in the leg and a couple hours later (it's still nighttime and Sami is still wearing the same clothes she was earlier at the warehouse) he is driving a car? I mean it was ridiculous enough they had him treated and released after like half an hour to find EJ and Sami STILL at the warehouse and then have him walking all over Salem on his own, but wouldn't he be on some painkillers that would make driving around a bad idea? Meanwhile I think Steve got stabbed earlier that day and he is perfectly fine for the most part?

I love the intensity and pacing and action, but if the show is going to be so ridiculous about it that it comes off as cartoonish then it's not worth it.

• Members

Wow. Just...Wow.

I'm not going to criticize one single thing. Yeah, there are inconsistencies, but as long as I get episodes like we've had the last week and a half, I don't care. This was so good, so intense, so well-acted....I loved every minute. My husband was home today and watched it with me and told me to make sure I don't delete any episodes from the DVR until he sees them!

JM and SN were absolutely riveting today. I don't think I even blinked while they were on screen. Amazing. And the cut to the newsroom--loved that! So fresh and different.

I can't wait until tomorrow!

Oh, one more thing....Bryan Datillo is giving the best performances of his career. I have disliked Lucas for years and HATED him for the past two years, but I'm slowly changing my mind. Someone is performing miracles with this character!

• Members

The way they are dealing with Lucas is logical. He may not have been shot that bad and not all painkillers can affect judgment. It all depends on the injury and we don't know enough about that. His being released that quick is fairly realistic. I had a relative that was injured on a hunting drop and accidentally shot himself in the foot. He was released from the hospital in the same fashion, perhaps even quicker. As for Steve, he has been walking around gingerly and I have noticed him several times hold where he was stabbed. He was in the hospital about a day in Days time and that is reasonable because, again, we have no idea how bad the wound was. It didn't appear that big of a deal since Steve improved drastically once he was treated.

Archived