Say something Positive about Your Soap

• Members

GH: Love Megan Ward's portrayal of Katherine Howard; Love the heightened awareness Mary Sue Price (aka Guza's Angels) writes into her scripts; really liking the actor who plays Trevor Lansing and the way he portrays the role; love how this show has the best supporting characters of the 8 shows; really liking the directing of Phideaux Xavier & Danielle Faraldo (underrated).

OLTL: Like the improved quality of the scripts by Carolyn Culliton & Elizabeth Page; liking the directing by Mary Ryan & Howie Zeidman

Y&R: Liking how Adrian Korbel has been backburned; liking Michael Montgomery; so far I'm liking Shelley Meals & Darin Goldberg's scripts.

I still have nothing good to say about B&B, AMC & ATWT. Barf bag, sil vous plait.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC: Loving the Annie storyline. Loving Annie!

ATWT: I'm a relatively new watcher, and it's totally the acting that drew me in. Great performances.

DOOL: The familiar characters have carried this show through bad writing and reckless management. Happy Ed Scott is here, dunno what he can do for the numbers but he's an obvious improvement over Wyman.

• Members

Y&R: I am loving the whole Jabot storyline and the side storylines it's caused...will Gloria FINALLY get whats coming to her?

B&B: The last week hasn't been all that great but the anticipation of Stephanie's return and The confrontation between her and Brooke is enough to keep the show interesting for now.

ATWT: Love Rosanna, and love Carly's illness story. MW is doing an excellent job playing the dying exwife.

GL: This show is definitely the most improved show. The Diabetes fundraising episodes were excellent and I'm loving Dinah/Mallet, Marina's kidnapping, Billy and Vanessa, and Ashlee/Coop/Ava. GT is becoming my favorite actress..she plays Dinah perfectly.

• Members

Great thread! I've been annoyed with all the complaints for so long.

DAYS: It's on it's way up. I'm loving the show right now. Another plus is Ed Scott.

ATWT: Henna, Brad, The Carly story... it's all positive.

B&B: Can't pick something specific but I'm enjoying every episode.

• Members

Great idea for a thread!

Y&R: Right now, the best thing about it is Jess Walton's perfomances. The woman ROOOOOOOCKSSSS!!! Jess Walton can take anything and turn it into gold and she has won my eternal respect for that--plus, it brings us more Jeanne Cooper in the process.

B&B: The pacing has slowed, we get more interaction between characters and stories and the anticipation of the hell that will come when Stephanie returns. (First two things, by the way, were brought to you by Kay Alden, thank you :D)

ATWT: Luke and Noah, baby. Hottest couple to ever grace our scenes! And, Maura West's (Carly's) perfomances are TERRIFIC!

OLTL: The show is in very, very good shape right now and, of course, what's drawing me in it is the Tommy Storyline and the Who Killed Spencer? Storyline

Thinking of watching DAYS one of these days, I see that many people think it has gotten better under Ed Scott (really, who doubted it?). Should I? I used to love it!

• Members

I am really glad OLTL fans are enjoying there new HW. You guys mos def deserve it.

B&B it getting very good. Although the rape, and the way it's being handled are not all that great but it does make for some good drama. I love B&B's pacing, it moves pretty fast. and B&B IS THE MOST GLAMOROUS soap hands down. I also love B&B's over the top background music. I also think B&B's opening is tied at no 1 with ATWT for being the best

I am glad ATWT are holding strong with there Nuke storyline. Rainbows represent ;)

I am SO GLAD Y&R is able to maintain it's ratings despite all the complaints. Though I see the complaints are getting quieter.

And for Days I love all this action we have been seeing. The show has become very violent.

• Members

GH: Has the best casting director around. Mark's finds have been phenonmenal lately. And making Logan a Baldwin was inspired as it reflects so much on the history of the Baldwins and the Spencers.

ATWT: They are utilizing Maura West and Michael Park to the best of their abilities. Their is a fantastic love story between Noah and Luke whuch is perfectly paced. The return of Rosanna is a nice shot in the arm.

AMC: The writing is getting better. It is good to see Annie front and center where she should be

• Members

Yes, Mark Teschner is an AMZING casting director. In fact, he's been daytime best CD every year since 2003. Even the Irina character on GH had a lil' somethin somethin to her, if you know what I'm sayin'. She revealed it in that way-to-quick-to-tell story. I still think Irina is alive.

Still got nothin' good to say about ATWT, B&B & AMC.

• 1 month later...

Archived