Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I got a glimpse of the Body Issue. Apparently some people are complaining that while the photographs of the male athletes show them engaged in their sport in action, most of the women are doing stationary poses.

Most of the buzz online seems to be about this Fielder person...a baseball player, I think.

Venus got one of the covers of the Magazine, there were 6 different covers, I think. I think this photo is much better than the first one posted, the first one had a weird angle. Roger Rasheed (Dimitrov's coach) must be going out of his mind at her cover. I remember a few years ago at OZ, he got in some hot water for uttering some very excited comments about how much he liked her derriere...while doing commentary for Australian TV!

I think I've seen that photo of Fabio, quite some time ago. Surprisingly, there are quite a bit of those types of unclothed photos of tennis players out there. I think Verdasco, Tsonga both have photos similar to the kind presented in the Body Issue.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

This split was in the stars for weeks now.

I think Annacone is used to working with players who probably exude more desire. He probably pushed harder than she was willing to go.

Maybe I'm reading her wrong, but Sloane comes across as someone who seems pleased to put in the same level of effort because it was yielding Quarters at Major tournaments and when she would reach the second week of a GS tournament, it had the effect of drowning out all the voices that asked why she had never won a regular tour level tournament. Now making the 2nd week of a Major tournament is no longer a given, so there is less backup against the naysayers now.

I find it ridiculous that someone with Sloane's talent has never even won a WTA Tour level tournament. There is definitely something going on there. People say Sloane is laid back-- so was Lindsey Davenport, so is Venus Williams (in a way) but I never doubted their desire to win titles and Majors.

Perhaps she should play some doubles like many successful singles players have. It seems to be yielding benefits for her boyfriend Jack Sock who seems to be posting improved results in his singles play.

But she needs to realize that the years go faster than she can imagine and she needs to step it into a higher gear.