The VIEW co-hosts chosen

Cheap21

• Members

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19985471/

LOS ANGELES - “The View” is about to get a lot bigger with reports that Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd will join the panel.

The Los Angeles Times reports that Whoopi, who had been tipped for months to fill a “View” seat, will join the show’s new season. Many originally expected Goldberg to become an official member following the early departure of Rosie O’Donnell in May.

In not-too-surprising news, Sherri Shepherd, the African-American comedian who has eloquently shared a spot on the show off and on over the last several months, has also been reportedly offered the job.

The Times says ABC is in final negotiations with the two women who would add more diversity to the all-white panel. The current “View” hosts are Barbara Walters, Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck. The new panelists are expected to be announced publicly next week

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I happy for Sherri and Whoopi. However I remember a very conservative african american female guest co-host on the show a few weeks back (VH1's Best Week Ever had a few clips of her spot on the show too) that I wouldn't have minded getting the spot too, even though I'm pretty much a liberal.

• Members

Michael, whether or not she's conservative like Bits, I'm pretty sure Sherri's conservative. She's a born-again Christian and those that go on TBN and CBN talking about their lives like that seem to be conservative. so, here's hoping. anyway, I'm happy about this! Call me crazy, I did not even think two black women was a possible idea. :lol: If Sherri got it, I expected Kathy Griffin or some other white gal to get the other spot. But this could work. Although, I'm currently IN LOVE HEAVEN with Kathy G., so I wish she'd have gotten it.

• Members

^ That's what I thought but I was REALLY thrown when I heard her talking about her SEX LIFE (unmarried) on national television. That's just not the girl I saw on CBN proclaiming her Christianity and confronting the industry head-on with her message. At any rate, I'm glad that Bits will have some form of backup now!

• Members

The only way I've seen Sherri really back up Bitsy was when she challenged Joy by asking, "DO you really think Al Gore(could get us out of this mess in Iraq)?" Which, to be honest, c'mon, who wouldn't ask that!

Sherri may be Conservative as far as morality and values, but that doesn't necessarily make her a Republican. My mom would hvae tea with GW talking about how much they love God and can't stand gay marriage, but she still votes Dem on every ticket.

BTW, if they could have paid then their worth, I would have loved seeing either Mario Cantone or Margaret Cho instead of Sherri. But that's JMO.

• Members

Cheap, I love your avatar and banner! That was such a great moment.

Anyway, I love Sherri. I definately think she can do it. I am not a huge Whoopi fan. I loved when Gayle King was the moderator and thought she would do excellent. Now we have three comedians on the panel. Oh well, Whoopi will still do great.

• Members

Kinda OT, but does anyone remember OH DRAMA, THE VIEW ripoff that aired on BET in the late 90's?

Would be kind of hilarious if they replaced Elisabeth with another black woman over maternity leave. Leaving Joy as the minority. Would be funny.

• Members

Whoopi isn't funny. I tried her out, knowing she may be on "The View," tonight, with a show on Bravo. ALL she did was talk about her life. She tried to sound like a philosopher too. But all of it -- ALL OF IT -- wasn't funny. "Yeah, girls, 'back in the day,' we'd dance ALL night and know the lyrics to every song -- every Motown song, baby! "It's not the same, old song!" YOU know what I'm talking about!"

UM, NO, unfunny woman. We don't.

"These days, I'm an 'altacocca" (sic). I'm too old to eat, I'm too old to have sex."

(Whooo! from the audience)

"That's right, I said it. I'm too old to have sex. I don't care! You'll see."

It's like, "SHUT UP! You're supposed to be a comedian, I'm guessing, from the setup. But you're NOT funny!!!!!"

Archived