Days: July 10th Tuesday

• Members

I agree. That was dumb. Just like the fact that this is supposed to be set in the 1950s screwing with everyone's ages for no explicable reason (unless John Black is a Colleen-Santo love child) and the age of the actor who plays Colleen's dad being not that different than those of Ali and James. I am just trying to set all that aside though and get lost in the romance because that has been in such short supply lately on this show.

One thing I did LIKE about that casting however was Pete's Irish accent being a lot less intelligible and more true to Galway than Ali's or Father Mallory's. I still think Ali's is good, it's just more Dublin than what you'd find in Galway or anywhere else in the western part of Ireland. Father Mallory, on the other hand, sounds like the Lucky Charms guy when he talks and I don't find his accent authentic at all.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed today's show, and the start of the Colleen/Santo story. This is the just the start of the story, and I guess I wasn't expecting anything shocking to start with. I thought Pete did look young, but the casting was good. Maybe the actor could play a Brady cousin down the road. I wish Bo wasn't a Kiriakis, as I could definitely see Pete being Bo's grandfather. AS is doing an awesome job in her dual role.

• Members

I have enjoyed the last two episodes more than I have any since last summer. Romance and sex are not the same thing, and juxtapositioning the Santos/Colleen story with the Lucas/Sami slurping makes that crystal clear.

Pete Brady's portrayer looked to be the same age as James and Ali, but it was easy to tell why he was cast. To be a dayplayer, he gave a very nice performance.

Susan, Bill, Drake, Deidre, Peter and Kristian's scenes around the picnic table have been well played both days. Susan, in particular, is shining. She has always been a classy lady and a consummate professional, and I have enjoyed having both her and Bill back in Salem.

• Members

Lumi are newlyweds. They are suppose to be having a lot of sex. Didn't people ask where was the sex on this show was a couple of weeks ago? Now Hogan is giving it to you and it is Lumi, you don't like it. :rolleyes:

And if it was Ejami were boinking like bunnies, you wouldn't mind it and wouldn't be complaining. After all you don't mind EJ raped Samii to knock her up with his child.

• Members

Sorry, I'd mind (last paragraph) and if my husband acted like a ten year old on our honeymoon his sorry behind would have been out the door and goodbye marriage. Sex is great - not this pre teen behavior between two people who are supposed to be around 30. I'd rather watch John swallow Marlena's head with a kiss any day!!

I have enjoyed the picnic table readings and on Tuesday they made it clear the men were getting more involved in the story. So far I like the feel of the Santo/Colleen story and think Scott and Sweeney are doing excellent work - the writing is good too, which happens to surprise me a lot. The contrast betwen these groups of people and the Lucas and Sami characters was glaring - true understanding and romantic love vs kids who may as well be in the backseat of daddy's car.

• Members

Please! The thing is Lumi is white trash now if you like the sort of thing thats fine I have zero interest of watching 2 people shown in bed eating fast food and slurping it up in the same bed that probably has pizza crumbs, stale chicken wings, Burger King wrapers in it. What a frickin Pig wearing those pathetic high school boxer shorts. These two are such white trash!

If Ejami was making love EJ would certainly not be doing it in a crappy motel like that. The guy has already flown in clambs stuffed with pearls for Sami. See thats class!

• Members

Actually when I look at myself in the mirror I tell myself I look fabulous. :lol: Nothing funny there.

Back to the topic, I'm ENJOYING the Lumi scenes but I could do wothout the 'enhanced' audio of the smacking and I like Santeen but I'm not sold on the writer's vision.

Archived