All: Kelly Ripa/AMC question

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah - I don't blame her a bit.

With that being said, I'd hope she'd be willing to come back for any special reason. She could have come back for Trevor's death - but I totally blame McT for trashing his legacy with no funeral or recognition anyway.

• Members

No and I didnt mean it that way. It was just weird watching her on Live and then 4 hours later on AMC. I wasnt watching Hayley anymore but Kelly Ripa in Pine Valley. I related to her more as the person rather than the character she was trying to portray. She just was not credible as Hayley anymore and it was distracting to me. I had the same problem with Lisa Rinna when she went back to Days as Billie while still doing Soaptalk

• Members

Its more than that. When I watch a soap, I watch the character. I relate with the character as I dont know the actor personally. Seeing them do guest spots here and there occasionaly doesnt take away from their character as its brief and not as personal. However when Kelly Ripa started doing Live on a regular basis, I watched her every day and it was alot more intimate than a soap bc I was getting to know Kelly Ripa, the person. I was hearing her life stories and what was going on with her on a daily basis. I was relating to Kelly Ripa and it was hard to watch her again 4 hours later as Hayley bc Id still see Kelly. I saw her as a person, not an actress playing a role. Hayley was a nice person so she wasnt that much different than KR. If she was playing an evil heartless bitch, then Im sure my opinions would be different. I just know I couldnt connect to her performance

• Members

Kelly said when she left in 2002 she'd come back and do guest appearances. Now too my knowledge she has enver been asked but if she has been asked she has obviously turned them down. So its been almost 5 years and she is obviously doing VERY well for herself so I don't see her coming back at this point in time, even for guest appearances. I think the character should just thought stay off screen. Kelly is Hayley.... IMO. I find it so weird that Kelly acts like such a blonde ditz on Live..... and in public. Shows how great of an actress she truly is! Hayley was one of the best written and deepest characters to come out of the 90's on daytime. Hayley is nothing like Kelly's real personality at all. I floved Hayley!

• Members

I still get chills when I think of those scenes when Mateo and Hayley walked in on Alec pouring vodka down Arlene's throat! And then Hayley confronting her mother in the hospital telling her she disowned her. Man.

What I wouldn't give to get that kind of gripping, emotional writing back, not just on AMC but somewhere in daytime! Because nothing these last few years even came close to that type of drama!

• Members

Why would Kelly Ripa come back to AMC for any stints? Ripa is making 8 million a year doing live and apparently it says if Regis leaves she will command up to a new 60 million dollar contract. Jeff Zucker from NBC wants her to be on Today show. Ripa could write her own ticket anywhere she wants. Hope and Faith was cancelled but she has gotten offers to do TV again. She said she would do another primetime show only when her kids are in school. Kelly Ripa is one rich woman. It would make sense for AMC to maybe re-cast Hayley in the future sans Mateo with another actress. Bring back Hayley in a new direction

• Members

bc she is VERY grateful about her time on AMC and speaks highly of her time. Plus she is on good terms with her old cast and ABC loves her. If Kelly were to come back, it would definetly not be for hte money. It would be for the experience and going back to her roots. She's cool like that and I can defiently see her going back if she were asked

Archived