• Members

I remember her vaguely when I was a young boy, I remember her being quite the character. I still haven't figured out how Sami new who she was. She appears to be everything that Kate should have been, an adversary for Marlena, while not necessarily fighting over a man.

Also did Anna ever have any dealings with RoJohn? or only the original Roman. Speaking of Roman for the first ever, I saw REALISTIC chemistry between he and Leann, Kate was just too much for him in my opinion, they didn't have history so it didn't work.

What does everyone think that Anna means for Kate? Hopefully she can befriend the Reed/Roberts women, I do hope that they all stick around.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not much interraction with RoJohn, although as they were working John and Marlena closer together after some time, Anna invited John to dinner, but at Shenenigans she ran into Marlena and Carrie, so she invited him to dinner with herself AND Carrie, but Carrie didn't like John much at that point. So John said he had something else to do to give Carrie time with her mother (Marlena was the primary parental figure in Carrie's life, that's where she lived - Anna had access to Carrie whenever she wanted to and found time).

I don't see how Anna would be an adversary for Marlena, they were on very good terms. If anything, if they refuse to show the Maggie/Marlena friendship, I'd love to see close friendship between Anna and Marlena. Deidre and Leann are friends, so it'd feel natural, esp with their history.

• Members

IMO Kate Roberts has been adrift ever since Vivian was written out. That was her true, best nemesis. Now that said, I did like Kate with Roman and I did like her with John. I like her now in that she has sex for fun and has a real job (or at least did until her brat of a son destroyed her company), which is something you can't say for any of the other women in Salem. But the meddling is too much. And I agree it doesn't make sense that Kate and Marlena aren't rivals. They share ex-loves and Kate has surely caused enough problems for both Sami and Belle that Marlena and Kate should have had many Dynasty-style catfights over the years unfortunately the show has never seen fit to write them that way all for the sake of prolonging Sami-vs.-Kate despite that feud being several years past its expiration date, especially without Nicole in the mix to keep both Sami and Kate on their toes.

I disagree with the idea that Kate should be like Anna even though I do like Anna more, at least based on what I have read about her storylines and the many YouTube clips I've seen of her. Both are stylish and shrewd golddiggers, yes, but Anna just seems to have a lot more vulnerability to her and to be a lot less vindictive. Anna also seems a lot more concerned with fun compared to Kate being obsessed with power and control. But I don't think it is wrong that Kate is the way she is and it's right the way Anna is. I think there should be room for both Anna and Kate on the canvas and honestly if any one of these women had to go I'd rather it be boring Marlena who doesn't fight or argue with anyone and isn't going to be fighting either of these women for Roman or Tony. I'd love me some Roman/Anna/Tony/Kate quad action. (That's why I put it in my blog)

• Members

There should be room for Anna and Kate both, but I don't know if the writers will think that way. Kate hasn't had anything to do for years other than meddle in her children's lives and fight with Sami. Lauren Koslow is extremely talented and it's shameful the way she's been wasted.

It would be great to have Kate and Anna as rivals because although they are both confident, glamorous, beautiful women, they approach life differently. Kate is a strong, powerful businesswoman, Anna is more adept at using her feminine wiles to get what she wants. I'd love to see the two of them going against each other as rivals; it would be extremely entertaining. However, I don't want them fighting over Roman; I'd prefer it be Tony. Anna and Tony were a great couple and we saw their romance onscreen while her marriage to Roman was never shown except maybe in some flashbacks. Also, Roman is boring (in my opinion), and I think Tony is fascinating. It would be fun watching him play two women against each other. However, do I think the writers would do this? Doubtful.

• Members

I mentioned when we heard Anna was returning that I was worried about Lauren Koslow. Anna is how Kate should be written but they never go there and I doubt they ever will. It's a shame. I would love for them to be in story together but I don't see it happening because it seems no one ever thinks outside of the box with Kate no matter who is writing. Hogan was doing right by her early on but it only led to her focusing more on Sami and Lucas yet again. It's sickening.

I would also like to see the Anna/Marlena friendship focused on. They were in a good place before so I hope it's explored. It would be fun.

• Members

I know Anna and Marlena were friends when Anna was last on the canvas but I don't see why that means they automatically have to be friends again. They haven't seen each other in two decades and their children have done all sorts of horrible things to each other. Well... Marlena's daughter has done all sorts of horrible things to Anna's anyway.

Even if Anna was an absentee mom I think there should be some weirdness between Sami and Anna and I'm going to stand by that. It also annoys me that they ignore the fact that Anna was Lucas's mother-in-law this time last year. (Or was it mother-in-law-to-be 12 months ago?) Anyway, if they can reference things like the dungeon where Stefano trapped Tony or Kristen Blake or Renee in recent episodes then why can't they reference any sort of emotional fallout having to do with Anna's daughter Carrie who has not even been gone a whole year.

• Members

I can see them being "friends" like Hope and Billie, out of convenience. I hope they don't ignore history as far as how Sami tormented Carrie where Anna is concerned. Also Marlena could feel some sort of resentment for Anna for being the way she is and not having a role AT ALL ever in her own daughters life. Not necessarily enemies, but Marlena could fill in like an older sister role, where they fight but have love for each other.

• Members

IMO, not at all. Because Anna didn't make any excuses for why she is the way she is. She wasen't a good mother, and she admitted that. She grew to be grateful for Marlena's place in Carrie's life. Marlena was the mother that Carrie needed (and Carrie was a great kid). She respected Anna's place, and never tried to take it. Anna (and Tony) had the time they needed and wanted with Carrie, while Carrie had a homebase where she knew what the rules were. Anna did have a place in Carrie's life. Marlena made sure of that, with Anna's gratitude. Carrie lived with Anna for some time while Marlena was presumed dead. So she did a role.

I belive Marlena was the first person Anna really met when she arrived in Salem.

• Members

Marlena was snippey to Anna when she came in. That spoke of her being a rival rather than a friend. I do or rather did enjoy Anna a lot in the past and hope the writers are kinder to her than they were to SN and MBE so that she has a real storyline here.

Archived