Which Country Shows The Greatest Soap Operas

• Members

I Thought we could do this, which countrie has the best soapoperas.?. I Have only seen, from Us, Uk and Australia. I have seen something very fast from a german soap, here is my list:!!!!!!!!!!!

1. UNITED KINGDOM- The Best shows (Coronation, Emmerdale, Eastenders, and there really is no actor or actress that`s bad, and thats why this countrie is first.

2. AUSTRALIA- Almost as good as the UK Soapoperas, but not really.!

3. UNITED STATES- Somere great, but some are awful.!

4. GERMANY- Of what i have seen i think they are copying to much from the american ones, but then again i have only seen some episodes from Verbotene Lietbe, and i think it`s not the greatest thing......... :(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let's....please not have this conversation. People are going to pick the country that they are from. As many times as I've seen threads like this on soap boards, it's ALWAYS the same. The people from the UK will pick the UK soaps. The people from Australia will pick the AUS soaps. And the people from the US will pick the US soaps. Why would you grow up on something, been watching it your whole entire life, then say that it's not as good as something you've only seen a few clips or maybe some episodes of? And that's not to say that there aren't people who have seen a lot of the soaps from other countries. I'm just saying...you'd be hard-pressed to find someone from the US who would give up watching the greatest episode of "General Hospital" or "As the World Turns" ever just so they can watch the greatest episode of "Coronation Street" or "EastEnders" ever.

But then again, I've heard people say that the very worst episode of "EastEnders" is still better than the very best episode of "All My Children," despite them not having the foggiest idea what AMC is or what it is about...

• Members

I don't think that's true. I love Coronation Street and I love Days of our Lives, but when it comes to quality, Corrie is consistently better. But when it comes to being an actual part of my everyday life and being raised in it, then Days will always have that spot in my heart.

• Members

Well then again, maybe American soaps would be really good, if all would not look so unaturally, everything looks so false. And then again, the actors and actresses in the uk, dosen`t have had made fifty plastic surgeries they look naturally, something not many american ones do soon, and that is a pity.!!!!!!!!!

• Members

Well, if "All My Children" and "The Young and the Restless" aired in network primetime, their audiences would be much larger than what they are.

And 1 million isn't a very accurate count of how many people watch daytime soaps in the US. "Passions" is at the bottom of the pack and it still makes close to an average of 2 million per week. Most US daytime soaps fall in the 2-3 million mark.

• Members

It's always this same, tired old argument! "Well, our soaps have people who look average and normal, and there's middle class, and nobody is pretty and everybody looks normal and blah blah blah!"

Just because a person is attractive doesn't mean that they can no longer possess the skills needed to be a great actress or actor. Look no further than the likes of Jennifer Ferrin, Robin Strasser, Eden Riegel, Lauren Koslow, or any of the other amazing actresses on US soaps.

• Members

It was an evolution on US soaps to move to "the pretty people," though. I mean, you have good actresses from the olden days, like Mary Stuart, who really weren't all that pretty. Rosemary Prinz rocked the house, and she had an unsightly mole on her face. She pioneered that stuff before Cindy Crawford and her "beauty marks!" lol

Archived