Days: Where is steve and Kayla?

• Members

Can someone please tell me when the next time we will see steve and Kayla? They have not been on for the past 2-3 weeks if i am correct.

I posted in spoiler island because someone might know when the next time we will see steve and kayla. Days is not the same without them.

i know where they are, they are still on tinda lau but does anyone know when they will be back in salem. Is hogan backburning steve and kayla, i hope not. I was hoping for Payla to be involve in this brady/dimera story.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve will appear on Tuesday & Thursday this week.

Since MBE will off taping the Soapstar show, Kayla won't be involved much (if at all) this summer. Steve will still be receiving regular airtime and involved in the feud story.

• Members

thank you

i am glad steve isn't going to be backburned. Do you know if steve will be still programmed or deprogrammed. Do you know what steve's part in the fued will be.

i can accept kayla wont be on alot this summer because of soapstar, its hers decision to be on there and not hogan and corday. Hogan would not backburn payla because i think he said awhile back he likes writing for payla.

if you dont mind me asking, do u know what steve will be doing on tuesday and thursday

• Members

Ponz is right that Steve is in spoilers for Tue & Thu of next week, but I think he will actually be on Tue, Wed and Thur. And it's possible Kayla may be on Tuesday. We have conflicting reports on that one, so I can't really be sure.

I don't think any of us know what Steve's role in the feud thing will be or how big a role it will be. I'm hoping he'll get to mix it up pretty good helping the Bradys but I know he's going to be dealing with Stephanie/Jeremy stuff too. I really don't know how much he'll be on this summer with Mary Beth gone, just that he won't be totally backburnered. We know from the event last weekend that he has some upcoming scenes with Bart, and I know that he was working 5 days this past week and that he was going to be filming some scenes with Tony and Stefano. But I don't know any other details.

Tuesday, I think Steve (and hopefully Kayla) and Adrienne show up at the Pub and he's all deprogrammed. Bleh. I would have preferred a bigger payoff and that we actually get to see his breakthrough moment, but I guess the timing they needed with the end of the island stuff and the time that MBE needed off didn't allow for it. Not quite buying it, but I guess I have to live with it. At the end of Tuesday's episode he finds Jeremy and Stephanie in the suite at the Salem Inn rather ... undressed.

Wednesday he and Jeremy have a snarkfest, from what I hear. Daddy does not like Jeremy. And vice versa. Steve keeps calling him Jason and Jeffrey and stuff like that. Jeremy keeps calling Steve Pops. No other details. Well except that both SN and Trevor described the meeting the exact same way last weekend: "It did not go well."

Not sure about Thursday beyond a fight with Stephanie I think. And I believe a phone call to Kayla (with MBE not on screen).

Mary Beth starts filming again June 13th, so I think that puts her back around the end of July. She said something last weekend about being "on 3" in June, but we're not sure she meant in three June episodes or filming 3 episodes in June. Both SN and MBE said there was some really good stuff coming up for them after she comes back.

Hope that helps!

• Members

I agree. I find Steve/Kayla to be pretty boring. I prefer Bo/Hope, John/Marlena instead. And neither Stephen Nichols or Mary Beth Evans are going to be around next summer anyway. Their contracts on DAYS expires in May 2008, and Corday probably only meant for their returns to be temporary anyway. As soon as this whole thing with Steves missing years/being a pawn thing is resolved, they are most likely going to leave DAYS again.

• Members

Thanks for the scoop GBB. DAYS only tapes 3 weeks in advance max, so MBE most likely meant she will be seen 3 times at the end of June. If she is taping June 13th then she might pop up on the 27th, 28th, and 29th of June which would make sense regarding her being "on 3" in June.

• Members

I think that's a huge leap and an awfully authoritative statement to make with no support. Nowhere has there been a whiff of S&K's return being temporary. If Corday wanted them gone, the fact that their contracts go to May 2008 would mean nothing. You may not enjoy them but for a lot of us, they bring a lot to the show. Just as you no doubt enjoy some couples and characters that others can't stand.

• Members

Well of course there are always a possibility that they will get their contracts renewed next May. But unfortunately, if they do stay, I think they will mainly only be used as supporting characters in Stephanies future storylines, just like Bo/Hope pretty much were supporting characters to Chelsea during March 2006-April 2007. Corday and Sheffer wants the next generation to take over. I dont like that either, but thats just the way it seems to be.

• Members

I also must point out that the reason I find Steve/Kayla to be boring, is beceause Sheffer writes them boring. I have nothing against Stephen Nichols or Mary Beth Evans, I find them both to be great actors and they would sure bring a lot more to the show if Sheffer just gave them better material.

• Members

I'll grant you that a lot about their storyline the last few months has reeked. I really can't blame anyone for not getting into it, especially if they didn't already have a long-established affection for the characters from years ago. But I think they both did as much as they could with what they were given and we've had truly incredible moments but not enough. But he also wrote Bo and Hope horribly the last few months (when he wrote for them) and look at how amazing the last two weeks have been for them. I have high hopes that he can turn around the writing for S&K too. I know SN and MBE will rise to the occasion if he does.

• Members

That's how I feel. But mainly I don't get why Corday felt the need to get them back on the show. I mean, yes they were great characters with great stories back in the day, but t here's a whole new audience now and I'm part of it and their return did nothing for me.

• Members

Well, there's also a significant portion of the viewing audience who isn't new, who did like them, and who have enjoyed their return, even with the bumpy spots. And with daytime bleeding audience share like a stuck pig, every set of eyeballs helps. So that's probably why he brought them back. You may never like them. I'm sure there are couples/stories I'll never like. But if enough other people do, then I say keep them, because the main thing is keeping Days on the air so we can enjoy the parts we do like.

Archived