AMC: Liza Colby Is Needed in Pine Valley

• Members

I think Catherine Hickland(Lindsay, ONE LIFE) would be great as Liza. I've also thought that maybe Tonja Walker Davidson (ex-Alex, ONE LIFE) might be a good Liza too. I think with the right actress Liza could be re-cast. I also remember someone mentioning in a prior post awhile back that Lindsay Frost (ex-Betsy Andropolous, ATWT) would be good as Liza, and I'd agree with that choice as well. Liza Colby is definitely needed back on AMC and with the right writter(s) we could get the real Liza and not pod-Liza back. It's a shame that Marcy Walker, one of daytime's finest actresses ever, has quit acting.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the "test" of a Liza recast is if she can create that same fire and flare with David Canary the way Marcy Walker did. Nevermind the age gap between the actors and characters for that matter, those two (Adam/Liza, David/Marcy) were on the same page. When the two of them got together under Lorraine Broderick, I'll never forget that fabulous scene when Adam is describing Liza to a T, and she's like, "OMG! Who are you?!" And he's like, "Don't you see? I am YOU!" THAT was spectacular. So, in the back of my mind, someone who plays Liza needs to be able to match David Canary as effortlessly as Marcy did. I mean, the minute Broderick put them together, I was like, "Oh yeah! Why didn't I see this all along?!" And since most of their initial contact will be under the "Colby" umbrella, I'm sure Adam and Liza will be doing a lot of interacting if she were to come back to town.

OMG, Mulder, I just realized -- we can NOT have Catherine Hickland play Liza. :o Liza and Tad are "best friends" and MEK and Cat just got divorced -- and he clearly didn't take it very well. :( And you know that whenever a woman Tad's connected with enters Adam's life, Tad has to be all up in their business. I don't want to live through another Eva LaRue and John Callahan situation. THAT was incredibly uncomfortable to watch... and kind of sadistic on McTavish's part.

Archived