OLTL Discussion: Week of May 28th

• Members

Now let me start this out by saying something. Isn't it a damn shame that no one is fighting to start the thread for this show?:lol: I saw last week when everyone was and still are fighting to start the DAYS thread. This means two things, OLTL sucks or OLTL sucks. I vote for A. :). Scotty, I dont know where you are and I hope everything is cool. Didn't want to start this since I know you always do but I have some stuff to say so I hope it's ok.

-Glad to see David today

- Not glad to see the Hooker. Why the hell is this chick still here? I swear, she has been on more than Nora the whole time she's been back!! Ok, that's a stretch. but you get it.

-Robert Montano is AWESOME and I would have loved to see him have played Tico Santi.

- The makeup job on Jessica was awesome last week. I guess the writers got too excited that they were actually receiving complements from fans, because they are stretching it a little. Yellow, yes, Orange....Never!

- Marty and John are good together.

-Could have done without Cole, Starr, or Brittany

Well, that's it for now.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
welcome.jpg

Welcome to the One Life to Live Discussion Thread for the week of May 28th, 2007. It looks like a good week ahead. Hope you enjoy your visit and are prepared to discuss the interworkings of Llanview, PA and OLTL. If so, then you're in the right place.

So, let's begin our discussion of the good, bad, and ugly that is Llanview, Pennsylvania & One Life to Live...

• Members

SO glad to see David, and I can't wait to see more of him, especially, hopefully when he starts to have scenes with Viki/Erika. Today with David and Dorian showed me one very important thing, Dorian is ONLY with Clint to get back at Viki. I kind of figured it but today that one little statement from her to David cemented it for me. To bad Clint is going to look like a jerk when all is said and done. Although, bring on Viki/David and the humor they are going to bring to this asinine storyline.

It's also a shame that while I know I"m suppose to be feeling for Jessica, I find myself ONLY feeling bad for her parents because they might lose their daughter. Bree because she might lose her mother and Antonio because he lost his love. I have no sympathy for Jessica what so ever, and I really thought I would by now in this story. All I find myself looking forward to are the scenes between Viki/Jess because Erika and Bree do have some of the most amazing chemistry ever, and I'm dying for some Viki/Clint scenes as they realize they are going to lose their daughter.

Didn't care for Blair pimping Starr off on Cris, but then I was wishing that the old Starr would come out and play along with it but she didn't. Oh well.....Starr get over the doofus, he is so not worth it.

Brittany isn't as fun to watch all nicey, nicey.

NotMarty is just the pits.

Loved seeing Jamie. She is just adorable.

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow when everyone finds out that it really isn't Dorian's blood and she isn't the match, but in fact, Viki is the one. I know they aren't going to let her be the donor, thank goodness but I love that they actually did go through with this part of the story.

• Members

I really enjoyed the emotional scene with Jessica, Nash, Viki and Clint. I really enjoy Jess and Nash. I do miss watching them fall in love though. Erika and Bree have a wonderful chemistry. I felt very sad for Jessica when she taped that message for her daughter.

Jessica is getting a bit orange though. Her color is beginning to clash with other characters' clothing.

You know, the Antonio and Viki stuff is revolting and is the Pimp Viki I didn't like with Kevin, I don't like with Todd and I really dislike with Jessica. Honestly, it is something I have really really really disliked during Frank Valentine's term as EP. He has diminshed Viki in my eyes by making her a pimp for her kid's spouses. I guess she feels obligated to Antonio for providing the victim for her heart transplant. :o

I do like the emerging romance between Tonio and Talia. I think it will work. I also like Tonio and Jamie.

Now, it was so good to see David. He's a very funny character and I love David and Dorian. Higley does overdo the flip side of him though. Every comment is a wise crack. He has a purpose on the show other than just being the male Roxie. Regardless I love David and Dorian. David and Dorian, and Dorian and Viki are my favorite couples.

I'm having a difficult time getting invested in the Marty story or the teen story. I liked the teen story at one point, but it is now becoming the Hack triangle with a younger generation. No point, no purpose, just the same ol triangle with different characters.

Then we have Miles, this month's obsessed lover. It too is the same story with a different character. Miles replaces Spencer who replaced Mad Mags as the obsessed lover. You know, the Jessica liver story is looking more and more like the Todd execution these days too.

• Members

the makeup on Jessica is a total joke. I just had to laugh at that.

I don't mind the Cole/Brittany thing actually--I like Markko and Langston but you know we'll never get them in a real storyline

• Members

Ohhhh, my goodness, today OLTL actually had characters discussing a drawing of a bird and saying that the position of the wing was a signal that someone had endured arm surgery. That is so dumb that it is funny.

Bwawawawawawa.

• Members

Great scenes between Jess and Cris today, loved that they remembered that Jess was Cris's first love.

It was REALLY good to see KDLR back in the role of Antonio. Can't believe I'm going to say this but boy I missed him. And not that the other guy didn't do a good job, he really did, but I think it would have hit home more if it were Kamar.

And I can't believe it but as much as I adore Tuc/David, he couldn't even save those scenes with Marty today. They really need to cut their loses and let Marty go back to where ever she came from.

And of course I want to see more Viki. And Viki/Clint. Heck, I want more family interaction. I miss Nataile being involved in this family crisis and I sure do miss Kevin and Joey.

I'm going to love it when the truth comes out about Tate and Adriana and Dorian have egg all over their faces. I can't wait for the day.

• Members

I wish Antonio would give the idea of being the liver donor a little more thought. The only one who seems to recognize it for the serious procedure it is, is David Vickers. Everyone else is acting like it's nothing more than donation a pint of blood. There's a chance Antonio could die and as the only parent of a six year old that should be a major concern. I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, but I'd like to see him asking to talk to the doctor about the risks and taking the decision to risk making Jamie an orphan more seriously.

Those Roxie/Jessica scenes the other day were great. I love the way Jessica humors Roxie in an affectionate way.

Tate/Rex/Aid is the weak point in the show for me. I just don't care about any of them right now.

• Members

The arsonist storyline is dragging for way too long. But I like the way it's headed. Bo/Rex realizing Tate is connected to Wyoming is interesting. Also, I wonder if Miles will use the tape of Marty's therapy session (of course he will). Jessica is getting worse, which is interesting to see. Viki is really emotional. I'm glad to see David back. The teens aren't interesting much.

• Members

Well I can't believe it, but Jess and Antonio got to me when she was thanking him, knowing full well he didn't have to do it. Makes me root for them even more now.

Loved the family stuff with Viki, Clint and Jessica. Hope Natalie gets well soon, I miss her in there as well. It's nice seeing Michael in doctor mode, but I sure do miss Marcie and Michael together. And boy has it been SO nice to not have Dorian in the mix with Viki/Clint. To bad it changes tomorrow. LOL.

Really enjoyed the Blair and Cris stuff at Capricorn, and for once I actually liked Blair's singing and the song was very pretty.

Always like seeing Layla and Vincent. I really like these two together.

Wish Miles would just give it up where Marty is concerned. I don't want him with her, she just brings down the character.

Sooooooooooooo nice to have a day without Adriana and the teen stuff.

• Members

I cannot believe Miles is blackmailing Marty into marriage. I never saw that one coming. Wow, first he brings up her son and how he could end up taken by the state and then he goes for the kill. I'm so disappointed that he's been turned into an bastard. :( Guess we all saw it coming though.

The scenes with Clint and Viki sitting at Jess's bed side were very touching.

• Members

I wanted Miles to have some of that Laurence evilness but didn't want it toward Marty, because she's NOT Marty to me and I could care less about this Marty. If he was going to go evil I wanted it to go toward Viki and the Buchanan's.

Archived