Sanjaya... attacked by DRAG QUEENS!

KLN

• Members

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

A big Tabloid Baby razz to radio station KISS 106.1 in Seattle, for trying to humilate the hometown teenager who's been the brightest light of this American Idol season.

The station invited good-natured and charismatic Sanjaya Malakar to appear at a promotional concert over the weekend, featuring the busty Idol also-ran Katharine McPhee, Fergie, Lily Allenand Hillary Duff-- but when he got onstage, he was blindsided by a bunch of drag queens-- and the song "It's Raining Men"-- apparently in a bid to to turn him into a "gay" joke.

Sanjaya has already been forced to 'declare' himself straight in an interview with "People Magazine." But even if he did happen to be gay, so what? And why make fun of anyone for that reason?

Radio stations are big these days on suspending and firing jocks for offensive behaviour on the air. How about suspending or firing these homophobic clowns? Oh, right. They can't-- because management was obviously in on it.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that this is all done in the most incredibly poor taste.

Sanjaya isn't even 18 years old, and they trick him by having him get on stage and then surrounding him with flashy drag queens and half naked men? Come on!

For the record, I don't believe he's straight, but so what? Even if he's a total flaming homo, does it mean that he deserves to be screwed around with like this? The poor guy is up on the stage trying to make the best of a bad situation, but he looks so uncomfortable and out of place.

• Members

That was stupid and wrong. You're right, Kenny. He's WAY too young to be screwed around with like that. Hell, no one's old enough for that kind of torture.

I sure do hope a bunch of the listeners of that hack radio station complained. I hope some of the listeners, at least, are raking the DJs' asses over the coals.

• Members

Sanjaya needs a professional manager who knows the ropes and what to nix and what to embrace and how to market Sanjaya for his strengths. He should have never been allowed to show up for something that would humiliate him. His mother is his manager now, but if she is a sharp cookie, she will realize there is more to handling her son that getting him out for every offer, a lot more.

Archived