DAYS: Recast Sami!

• Members

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Alison Sweeney is the best possibility for a future star of this show. However, NBC seems to love her on their primetime shows. She's been on Fear Factor, The Weakest Link, American Dreams, Las Vegas, the list goes on and on... and now she's been hired as full-time host of "The Biggest Loser."

If her schedule ever becomes so busy to where she couldn't fulfill her duties at Days any longer, and the show was forced to recast the role, who would you choose as a suitable alternative? If the character MUST be recast, and saying "nobody" is not an option, who do you think would work best as a suitable recast?

Me personally, I have to go with Alicia Silverstone. She and Alison Sweeney have always reminded me of one another. In fact, Alicia Silverstone played a character in a movie called "The Crush" several years ago whose character was basically an exact replica of Sami Brady. If she could play that role so masterfully, I know she could do Sami justice!

Here's a clip of her from an interview last week on 'The View.'

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

A few photos...

alicia-silverstone-picture-1.jpgalicia2.jpg

And in her teenage days...

039_15910.jpg039_16321.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know that nobody isn't an answer but it's the truth. She is way too popular now to ever think of recasting her. I honestly think if she left they should kill her off. They could get great story out of it and maybe she could come back one day. They could do it like they did Hope and leave it open.

I don't see Ali going anywhere though. She even said that her new job would not interfere at all and that she loves Days too much to leave it.

I honestly can't think of anyone to play the role. It would have to be someone who looks like the girl next door but can also have a mean streak/vindictive side. If Days did ever recast, I would hate to be that casting director. Wow...

• Members

Who would fit best in the role as Samantha Brady? Well that totally depends on what kind of character we want Sami to be. Do we want Sami to be like she is now or like she was before? Should she be good or evil, mature or immature? Anyway, I hope they never recast Ali Sweeney.

• Members

Why? If it's because of her "dissing" Elisabeth Hasselbeck on 'The View,' watch the clip. She's kind and courteous and answers every one of her questions! I think it's totally overblown.

• Members

Toups, thank GOD you aren't the casting director, LoL!

It takes more to casting a role than just matching the hair color. I can only imagine Britney trying to speak Sami's words through chewing gum and a southern accent.

"I'm gon' do anything to protect my lil boy Will, y'all! For reals!"

Archived