GL Discussion: Week of May 21st

• Members

I have no idea what to think of Josh becoming a minister. It's so outlandish given the life he's led. I'd much rather see him get involved with helping troubled teens. Seeing Reva gleeful at the idea of Josh telling Cassie the truth is making me mad. Her sister is on the edge of a nervous breakdown and all Reva can do is think about getting what she wants. How many times has she walked out on Josh over the years? But it's still Reva's world and everyone else is just living in it.

I cannot believe Alan is the father of this baby. I hate it! I don't blame Cassie for being so angry. One thing I like is that the show isn't having her just get over Tammy's death at lightening speed.

Rick and Beth should have a child together, but this show has totally abandoned it's history. Rick and Beth are two characters that have been completely messed up, imo. Seeing Beth with Alan totally disgusts me. My God, he killed Tammy and she still thinks raising a baby with him is a good plan??

Cyrus and Marina are the highlight of the show for me, along with Cassie.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i was kind of mad today with how Cyrus got off the hook so easily. if he would take a million dollars from matt and vanessa what makes alex think he won't do it to her? she is after all a spaulding. i have a feeling cassie is going to get caught by someone, esp. if alan orders that second DNA test. its sad because he ruined her life and got away with it but when its time for revenge it doesn't always happen.

how silly is it that the spauldings all now live in the Beacon. They must be getting desperate to save some extra cash behind the scenes!

• Members

Actually, it's kind of sad to me too. I've been watching this show on and off since I was like 8 years old (that's about 20 years). The fact that a newbie and a fairly weak actress (MB) are the highlight right now is not good news to me. I like the Ashlee/Coop story too, but everything else is just boring to me. I hate seeing Lizzie go baby crazy. I'm fed up with Reva. I hate Olivia and Jeffery. Gush/the new chick aren't interesting.

Cyrus getting off is stupid, but I knew the resolution of his crimes would be stupid. Anything short of jail would have been and we knew that wasn't going to happen.

I need to stop before I depress myself further.

• Members

The Josh thing is so terribly ridiculous! Not sure what else to say.

The show is in a very sad state.

But as for Reva being happy that Cassie is about to get her heart broken...didn't Cassie utter the phrase, "cancer or not, I am going to fight for Josh", something to that effect. If Cassie can play the cold hearted b!tch, why can't Reva? Her sister was dying, and Josh's heart may have led him back to her. That's what happens when you get involved with someone already too close to the family.

It really pains me to see Reva reduced to this when Josh is being written as a jerk with a split personality.

GL needs to drop the Find Your Light thing and the Wednesday thing immediately!

ANDREA

• Members

I might agree if Reva hadn't married Josh's brother and father and had Dylan with Bille. She's left Josh 20 times in as many years, so I really don't blame Josh or Cassie for finally believing her when she said she was done. How much are people supposed to take? I'd rather see Cassie with Rick than Josh, but I'm just so sick of Reva right now. The idea of Reva as a minister's wife is ridiculous (she's screwed every guy in town) and the same goes for Cassie (ex-stripper).

Things like sets generally don't bother me that much, but in this case I agree. I'm so tired of the freaking Beacon, it's not funny.

Normally, I feel pretty positive about the show, but at the moment I'm finding it impossible.

• Members

:lol: Yes, it really does. Maybe it's time to give up on those two months of tapes and join us in the present. I say that with love. On the other hand, I think those episodes are better than what we've had over the last week, so maybe you're better off. For me things took a downward with the Buzz/Olivia ITL and they haven't recovered yet.

I'm hopeful though. :mellow:

• Members

Today's Gus ITL was AWESOME. Character-based, and both surprising and predictable at the same time (for example, Alan -- no idea it was him until about a second before and then it made total sense).

I'm loving Gus, Harley, Alan, the new characters Natalia & Rafe, Daisy, everyone in this story.

The show is still going strong for me. Keep Olivia away from Jeffrey, and the one blot will be removed and I will be very happy. To me the highlights of the show are everybody, but especially Olivia.

• Members

On another forum everyone gave today's episode a BIG THUMBS UP!. It has been one of the best acted/written episodes of the year, the Natalia, Gus, Harley, Alan episode was great daytime TV...and the upcoming previews of Reva fighting with Cassie look interesting too.

• Members

^ I haven't watched it yet. I'm not much of a Gus fan, but he's grown on me recently. I'm glad other people are enjoying the show right now. There are a few things I like. I'm just disappointed with the way Jeffery/Olivia and Beth/Alan are headed. I'd like to see more of Ashlee/Coop/Daisy in juvie, so I hope that story picks up over the summer.

• Members

I taped today's show so I just might watch it tonight. :)

Julia, I wish I could just give up on trying to catch up on GL like I have with ATWT (like I can miss weeks of ATWT and not care about what's happening) but I'm mainly watching GL for the acting now and I always enjoy seeing what the actors there come up with. Plus I don't wanna miss all the stuff with Alan-Michael..

Archived