GL Discussion: Week of May 21st

• Members

I liked Gus's ITL, surprise surprise. :) But I always like Gus/RPG. He's awesome at combining drama and humor together seamlessly.

I always felt the Buzz/Olivia pairing was nothing more than a case of two single characters being written together because there was no one else to pair either one up with.

And wouldn't you know it, when we finally see Buzz in his home, he's hanging out in a Beacon hotel room instead of a room at the Boardinghouse above Company.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree. Buzz is old enough where if a character is single, many shows, including GL, unfortunately wouldn't normally even put the character in a relationship anymore. I mean, the show could have just stuck with Frank and Olivia but they didn't.

There's something special about Buzz and Olivia. Buzz is exactly what Olivia needs -- he gets her and doesn't judge her, but he is also her future not her past. Olivia also loves Buzz and brings joy to his life.

• Members

Thursday's show was really good! I loved it.

Buzz and Olivia were together because why? It just doesn't fit... I agree with the person who said that the writers just took 2 single people and put them together... It simply makes no sense that these 2 were an item... And marriage? Come on now!

I don't necessarily like the writing for Reva, but Kim is cracking me up... Kim is making Reva into a fun character when ordinarily, I would find this behavior pathetic. Josh is a stupid caveman, and he does not deserve either right now. Before Jeva reunites, Josh needs some work. He pisses me off.

Don't like Dinah, but I love Gina's hair. It's beautiful. I so wanted Mallet to kill her when he was strangling her. Gina is a fantastic actress, but she bugs the hell out of me. The way she moves her mouth when she talks is so destracting. I would love to see Wendy back in the role. Where is Vanessa? Shouldn't she find out what Dinah did?

Jeffrey and Olivia is what I want to see. I can't wait. Hopefully Kreizman has gotten his problem fixed, and he won't need to rush this. The story has such potential, but so does everything before DK touches it. Please just give me this!

Can't wait for today's show. This is going to be good! Kim is in fine form...

ANDREA

• Members

Olivia is attracted to good stable men, or to powerful men -- Josh, Bill, Frank, and Buzz in the good and stable category, and Phillip and Alan in the powerful category. Jeffrey is neither.

To me the definition of 2 random people thrown together, is Jeffrey and Olivia. She'd have no reason to even have a scene with him if the show hadn't come up with yet another twist to Jeffrey's backstory where he raped her. And given that he raped her, that just makes this current story pathetic.

The thing that separates Buzz from all the other people Olivia has ever been with is that he's good and stable yes, but he has a bad past that he hasn't forgotten and still feels guilty about, so he doesn't judge her, unlike all the other good and stable men she's ever been attracted to. Buzz is perfect for Olivia. Buzz can help Olivia through her insecurities. To me Buzz is the only person in Springfield that Olivia could be with at this point. Scratch that, him and Gus.

Meanwhile, Olivia also fits the profile of the complicated women with pasts and issues that Buzz has been attracted to, like Reva and Holly.

Buzz and Olivia are a perfect fit.

• Members

It's not random though. I could live with random. Jeffery is her rapist. He also violated Cassie by letting her think she was sleeping with her husband when it was really him. Jeffery is completely disgusting. The idea of him as a romantic lead is revolting on so many levels. I can't believe the show is going there. I like CC, but Olivia deserves all the misery she's going to get for leaving Buzz. There is making bad romantic choices and then there's being a self destructive stupid &*$$$. Olivia's starting to fall into the too stupid to live range, imo.

• Members

You are so right. When Cassie found out that Reva was secretly fighting cancer to protect Josh because she still loved her husband that should have been it. She should have felt so guilty for sleeping with Reva's husband. Instead the former stripper continued to flaunt her "new' relationship with Josh. From where I'm sitting it speaks volumes to Cassie's immoral and very selfish character. So what right does she have publicly screaming to Reva "how dare you". Oh please Reva slap her in the face a few more times and a lot harder.

There should have never been a SL with Josh & his much younger sister-in-law. In addition to the sleaze factor I just don't see any chemistry whatsoever. Obviously reading the poll results, neither do majority of other viewers. The Josh & Cassie endless scenes are so paralyzing. . So why doesn't "sweet selfless" Cassia and her kid just leave town and make so many of us happy...

• Members

Well, I think both Cassie & Reva need to grow the f-ck up. Agreed that Cassie should have backed off when she found out that Reva had been avoiding Josh because of the cancer but I can see why she was also angry at Reva for being selfish enough to try and keep it a secret.

Reva, on the other hand, made it seem like she was okay with Josh & Cassie being together..at least, she thought that would be better than Josh finding out she had cancer so the way she is acting all smug about getting Josh back is almost vomit-inducing. I'm just sick of this arrogant woman, period.

I just want the Cassie/Josh/Reva triangle to end...put Cassie with someone else and keep Josh & Reva together for real this time or make both of them celibate.

• Members

Me too. KZ was great on Friday, especially with Alan, but I'm sick of Reva generally. I'd much rather see Cassie with Rick than Josh, but I don't care anything about Josh and Reva. I couldn't care less about their so called great love. She's left him once too often for me to think that's anything but a sad joke.

Why was it up to Cassie to leave Josh when she found out about the cancer? The man has a mind of his own, if he wanted to go back to Reva he could have done that. By the time they found out about Reva's lies Josh and Cassie already were in love, so I don't blame her for not dancing to Reva's tune. Reva chose to play puppet master, she deserves to face the consequences of that. The wedding vows do say "in sickness in health", but Reva does what Reva wants as always.

After Friday, I think they really are going to make Cassie completly nuts. I say that because Josh doesn't seem torn at all. He seems all about Cassie right now, which says to me that Cassie will be the one to destroy the relationship somehow. Probably by hurting Reva. I hope not though. I'd rather see Cassie kick Josh to the curb and move on already. Let Josh go back to Reva and be left a few more times this decade.

• Members

Okay, first of all, Jeffrey is a rapist. Look at me, being this big advocate against rape. Anyhoo...

I had to laugh when you said "the way she moves her mouth when she talks is so destracting" .... now, I *loved* Wendy Moniz in the role, but it's funny you mentioned that, cuz I noticed that Wendy would a lot of times start kind of chewing at the sides of her lips during some scenes.

But anyhow, I'm kind of getting bored of Mallet. The character of Mallet overall is so bland and doesn't really have a history that we see. He's a blank slate, even though he's an old character.

I wouldn't mind if they made Cassie nuts and wrote her off, because to be honest, without Laura Wright in the role, I have no desire to see the character still in Springfield. Yeah, Nicole Forester has stepped up and put her own stamp on the role in terms of the Cassie/Josh pairing, but overall she's a bland imitation of the original and I'd rather they just write her off. Actually, there's a list of about a half-dozen characters I'd like to see them write off, but I guess that's just wishful thinking.

Archived