Days:For Lucas, New Orleans becomes the big uneasy

• Members

For Lucas, New Orleans becomes the big uneasy

Soap Dish

BY CAROLYN HINSEY

Friday, May 11th 2007, 4:00 AM

Sami and Lucas head for their honeymoon in New Orleans next week on "Days of Our Lives" with a plan to give back by rebuilding a hurricane-ravaged house.

"Lucas wants to go to a beach and sit in the sun," says Bryan R. Dattilo, who plays Lucas. "But in Sami's demented, crazy mind, she feels that the karmic gods of weddings past will be appeased if she offers her services and helps lift up a community like New Orleans."

So, Sami and Lucas head south and go to work.

"They start working on this house, and Lucas is knocking down a wall," says Dattilo. "He stumbles upon a box hidden in the wall, and this box contains a letter. They can't make out the letter because I guess the letter is in Italian, but they can make out the last name signed on the letter: DiMera."

The newlyweds confront the construction foreman, and he reveals that the house they've been repairing is actually the ancestral home of longtime Salem bad guy Stefano DiMera.

"They freak out because they realize they're at what used to be Maison Blanche," says Dattilo.

Before Sami and Lucas can digest this news, Stefano's son E.J. arrives, claiming that his father asked him to supervise the restoration.

"Old Two-Story, as we call him," says Dattilo of James Scott, who plays the much-taller E.J. "He shows up and tells Sami and Lucas they stumbled onto what used to be his father's home. He can't wait for it to be rebuilt because it turned into low-rent housing for Katrina victims in the aftermath [of the storm]."

And the letter?

"Sami and Lucas are playing dumb," says the actor. "They're playing like they're totally preoccupied with each other, because of their honeymoon, and never saw the word DiMera. Lucas puts the box back in the wall, but Sami actually keeps the letter. I don't know how much Lucas knows about that."

Not the most romantic honeymoon.

"Yeah, Lucas doesn't get much. E.J. shows up and rains on his parade, and then Celeste shows up. He's like, 'What the hell? Can't a brother get a break on his honeymoon?' In fact, I have a line where I say, 'We've got to rent out a motel for all the people that followed us.'"

Celeste and E.J. are actually after the baby Sami is carrying, which they believe is E.J.'s. They want to harvest the stem cells because it turns out Stefano (who returns next month, played again by Joseph Mascolo) is ill and needs them.

"That comes to Lucas' attention when Celeste shows up at the Sami/Lucas apartment [later] and says she knows the baby is a DiMera. Lucas is like, 'How do you know? We didn't have the amnio.' She says there are other ways of finding out. Then I got the line of the day: 'Celeste, have you been playing with your Ouija board again?'"

What if Sami's baby is E.J.'s, and therefore a DiMera?

"Let's just say that that there's a big curve ball coming up about the baby," says Dattilo.

NY DailyNews

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Big curveball, eh?

If that twin theory is true, or Lucas is simply the father, I will cry of despair.

This almost sounds like we're getting the Sami/Lucas that Hogan promised, the comedic duo. I like that effect with them. They're better with humor than with cutseyness. So, if the above doesn't happen, the res tof this sounds pretty cool. Nice explanation to why it's charity to rebuild Maison Blanche ;)

• Members

If Sami has one baby, I cannot see Elvis being the father. I think that's the whole rationale behind dragging out the paternity revelation. We get all the drama of the Dimeras going after Sami's baby and then somewhere down the line, the twist that he/she is really Lucas's. Plus, not knowing the paternity gives Lucas a chance to prove his commitment. If Elvis were the daddy, there would be no reason to drag it out.

I suppose the "curveball" could mean twins. Or maybe it refers Lucas being a Dimera. :D

• Members

My issue is the lack of long-term effects if the baby turns out to be Lucas'. Although, with the Brady/Dimera feud secret beign revealed this summer, moving on from that decades old story could happen before long, and if it turned out to be Lucas'... I couldn't see it working before. But maybe now.

• Members

Celeste isn't evil. She's helping EJ out of force. She wants to know where Lexie is, and that's who Celeste is. The woman obviously has insecurity problems and allows people to control her when they have something she wants.

Evil? No.

• Members

Sounds good. I like the explanation to what happened to Maison Blanche too.

I think the curveball is she is having twins. We already know what the choices are and Lucas being the father is not surprising nor is EJ being the father because of whole the Dimera/Brady feud coming up. In a way, I want the baby to be EJ's for all the drama but I also want a LUMI baby so maybe the twin thing is the best to satisfy both sides. It could lead to major conflict later on.

I agree with Keith in that it sounds like we are getting the Sami and Lucas we were supposed to get. Maybe it;s because they are together now with no lies or anything. Whatever the case, this is all sounds very good. I love Bryan :lol:

Archived