SOAPnet: More destruction and garbage coming

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It wouldn't surprise me if SoapNet acquired the rights to reruns of "South Park" next week.

I mean, I "get" that SoapNet is geared towards women, and that there are many different types of programming (other than soaps) that women will watch. However, IMO, that's what LIFETIME is for. Leave SOOOOAAAAPPPNET to air the SOAPS!

• Members

I've been convinced after they acquired ONE TREE HILL and THE OC that they don't really give a damn about what real soaps are.

It seems like every network that caters to a certain market is being turned on its ear to appeal to a broader audience and I don't get it.

VH1 Classic is airing movies, specials, and BBC Crown Jewels Concerts instead of airing a constant, eclectic barrage of music videos.

FUSE(a network I never watched b/c of too much rock music) ais FELICITY. Flippin' FELICITY!!! That show is everything FUSE is against, or so I thought.

GSN, which used to air reruns of classic gameshows including WHEEL and JEOAPRDY, now airs nonstop poker showdowns and MILLIONAIRE repeats. Just as well...the only good things I've ever seen originally produced on that network were the Michael Larson Documentary and FRIEND OR FOE.

And now SOAPnet. A channel that used to cater to my needs that now appeals to every other Joe Blow that will watch everything BUT the same-day soaps on it.

SOAPnet. 2000-2007

• Members

At least episodes of South Park would be enjoyable..... :lol:

I agree that it doesn't belong on SoapNet though.....

I miss the reruns of the classic game shows to on GSN, they've mucked up their schedule somewhat; and it's not as enjoyable as it used to be. I liked watching the older versions of Family Feud (Dawson & Combs) on the weekends, and now they have Richard Karn's version airing on the weekends. I hate seeing game shows on GSN that have recently aired elsewhere in the past.......

Most of all I miss Match Game airing at 10pm Central on the weekdays.....Now instead of an hour of Match Game, they are airing an hour of Family Feud w/Richard Karn ...... :angry:

I loved Richard Karn as the most recent host of Family Feud, so it's not a problem with him; it's a problem with GSN and their schedule changes.....

I miss Match Game at the right time on GSN and Another World on at all on SoapNet...... :(

• Members

I thought it did too, now it airs on weekdays at 8AM CT for 30 minutes and 2PM CT for 30 minutes. I know I should feel lucky that it's on at all, but it would be nice if they aired it at times I could actually watch......

Archived