DAYS: MrsMahaney's Latest Scoop

• Members

Can't really blame them fron Ashley called in sick and then just decided to quit. Much like Arianne Zuker quitting, she didn't give them enough notice. For once, I don't think that decision can be placed all on the show. Even some of Ashley's fans acknowledge that. She has been in Florida for weeks and seems to already be working on the film she quit the show over so it really isn't the show's fault that they didn't have time to wrap her stint up right.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At the same time, it would've been easy enough for them to have Abby say "Sorry guys, I can't go out, I have to pack for my plane." Some classes wrap up in early May, after all. Either way, it's clear to me they're keeping their options open in the Abby situation, seeing if there is room for the character down the road.

• Members

Yeah, your right billyjill. That is about all they could really do though. They couldn't really do a proper sendoff with her leaving and all. I think they saw that the groundwork for Abby leaving was laid since Max had told her he couldn't see her due to Maggie so they actually had an out for Abby to leave and still have her and Max left open-ended. Abby was frustrated with Maggie, Nick, and Chelsea so she goes to visit her parents and get away from Salem for a bit. It actually worked out well and I have to wonder if maybe they know Ashley will come back after the movie or are holding out hope she will. Either way, I expect the character back in Fall.

• Members

Hello All,

I just want to say right off the bat I have not identified the couple that is leaving this summer. All I can say at this point is that I can't say anything another all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed. As soon as I know I can post the identity of the person in question I will. I just don't want to post it and have the deal fall through in the process. But it is a deal Corday is desperate to make.

Now, I am not confirming this is Shelle by my next statement, I just want to point out that contracts mean nothing to DAYS. Last May I posted specifically that Jack and Jenn were going to be leaving together and the next week it was announced Matt Ashford signed a 2 year contract with the show and I got slammed for my original post. Low and behold six weeks later it was announced Matt would be leaving with Missy come the end of August. So Matt, along with Drake, Thaao, Josh, James, Peggy, Suzanne, etc can tell you contracts mean nothing.

As for all the familiar faces returning, you have to keep in mind a majority of them are either recurring or short term contracts. Corday is this time butting into the writing of the show because DAYS's future depends upon it, thus his livelihood depends on it too. And you have to admit it's a pretty good gig to have with a nice income. Corday can begin shopping around the show on September 20 of this year and you very well can't shop around a show with a 1.9 viewership. His goel is to do what it takes to get to or as close to a 3.0 rating that he can. In business, it sometimes takes money to make money. And with the inflated cast, cuts will be made still to the cast. The characters of Willow and Gabby will be written out shortly, as well as two other contract roles. A short term contract is expiring too. And there is a 90 percent probability there will be a recast or two of sorts by the end of the summer.

Corday really wants you to watch DAYS again as its future depends on it and that is the reason for the drastic casting decisions. In the next two months, my spoiler will make a lot of sense to you!

Archived