Days: Is Anyone Sick of the Sheffer bashing?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously....

2. No trolling. A troll is someone who comes into a community and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy and antagonize other members or disrupt the flow of discussion. Additionally, trolls do not contribute to the discussions at hand, and join only to link to other sites. Anyone found to be a troll will have their account deleted immediately.

The next person who posts an off-topic comment will be suspended.

• Members

OMG, somebody gets it! Somebody actually frickin' gets it! In actuallity, they are both responsible. And with it being Ken's show, he is ultimately responsible, but Sheffer is not an innocent and I'm so tired of people saying don't bash Sheffer because it is not his fault. Well, it's not totally his fault, but he sure has his hands in this. I was telling people on my board to beware of Sheffer last September. I saw his interviews and all he was saying, but I also saw what he had in store. The biggest thing to me is he said he would not bring on any new families and that would be an insult to fans, and off the bat we got Willow, then Jed, and if it wasn't for Corday stepping in, Willow's poppa was next. But thanks to Corday, Jed got scratched and then Willow will be gone soon too. Then we get Gabby and Duck. Two families added in 6 months. He said he was going to bring back the Hortons and we've only got Nick. We were told the summer will be back to the vets, yet we got a casting call for two newbies!

If you're tired of the Sheffer bashing, it's simple... just don't read those threads, because no matter what, as long as Sheffer is there and he is not giving the fans of the show what they want, he will be bashed for it. Remember, the head writer is not only responsible for the writing, but the story as well. The story can move quickly and the dialogue can be great and a much better improvement then JERk, but if you're not telling good stories or shoving characters down out faces, it means nothing.

And as far as this Marlena being hit by a bus or a teen slasher storyline.... people.... it's not happening and is just someone's overactive imagination. If I were to come on here and spew this crap I would be bashed from one side and down the other. Production resumes on DAYS again tomorrow and you should be hearing some good things this week. And don't count on things being greatly improved in May.... count more on June.

• Members

I think there's enough blame to go around. I'm sure Hogan and Sheffer are both to blame for what's happened. We do know Corday has a bad habit of pushing his teens, but Hogan has made his mistakes, too. I agree that a family was being planned for Willow--Jed was only recurring, but I think there was story planned for him until he abruptly disappeared (if that was Corday's doing, then I thank him for it). And I think Gabby and possibly Duck had/has story planned, but the rewrites may change that. Hogan showed in late fall/early winter that he "gets" what DAYS fans want--he just needs to continue with that and stay away from new families, non-stop teens, and EJ overload. Oh, and this Steve/Kayla story needs to end! Get Steve out of the mental institution.

And Mrs. M--love your Alice/Frances avitar. Such a lovely lady!

• Members

I like the idea of a summer clown slasher storyline. I think there should be a carnival that comes to town this summer and all the teens get involved in helping out. But then one of the clowns is really an evil mad scientist who becomes a clown slasher and he takes and abducts Chelsea and takes her girlie parts out of her body and implants them in himself. Then Chelsea will reject Nick because she doesn't have anymore girlie parts, so a depressed and sexually frustrated Nick will have sex with the clown slasher, not knowing that he's having sex with Chelsea's girlie parts. Then the clown slasher will abduct Chelsea again and re-attach all her girlie parts and it'll turn out that Nick got the clown slasher pregnant, but since all the girlie parts are back inside Chelsea, it is actually Chelsea who is now carrying Nick's love child! And the two reunite and raise beautiful clown babies together. The End. :)

Sorry. This thread was like one bad acid trip. I just couldn't keep up.

• Members

I'm not sick of anyone expressing their opinion because they have a right to do so.

I will say this, however:

It matters not who will write for the show right now because Corday calls the shots on who will appear onscreen, and right now, that is not the vets because he can't afford them. That cannot be contributed to Hogan. He is working with what he has. The man is a good writer, but he is not writing for everyone because he CAN'T!

Hogan is doing alot better than Reilly and Reilly has the use of each and every character. Reilly is truly pathetic, and if you laugh at Hogan because of the failing ratings, you truly don't get it. The man is a far superior writer than Reilly, but that's not really saying much because Reilly shills garbage day in and out. Hopefully, Hogie will get the opportunity to strut when Corday can afford to pay the vets...

That is truly the bottom line!

ANDREA

• Members

Actually it's not

Have you read the other threads and posts? It's been confirmed that it never was the budget. Corday AND Hogan decided to backburner John & Marlena and Bo & Hope in favour of the six month Steve & Kayla storyline. It was a mutual decision on both parts. Like it's been stated a hundred times before, Actors on contract are paid their salary guarantee no matter if they are on screen or not.

• Members

Well many happen to love Marlena. She's a DAYS staple. And the higher ups know her popularity factor. Hell, the serial killer storyline wouldn't have been a big shocker if it were someone like Nicole or Kate as the killer. But the saintly doc as the killer?

I look forward to a Marlena storyline where she's front and center, not some supporting player prop for the Steve & Kayla snoozefest.

By the way... are Nick and Chelsea patients in a hospital?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Here are my thoughts. I don't think it's as good as Y&R which, unlike various other posters, I still find interesting & exciting on a daily basis.

I have several issues.

I do watch every day these days. But I don't always find it fascinating.

It's better than it was when Reilly was way overloaded with 2 shows at the same time.

But it could be a LOT better than it is.

It isn't just the oddly back-burnered characters and the choice of which ones are on the front burner.

My first major gripe is why did they write out that excellent and interesting doctor Steve was working with? That girl was something special. She had a great feisty personality. There's an awful lot you could do with a character like that. I can think of one controversial move right away.

Next, why didn't they fix the Kate character? This woman used to be a strong, fascinating, deep character with several levels. Reilly reduced her to a cartoon "I hate Sammy and want to do nothing but mess with my kid's lives" cut-out. This should have been addressed, Kate sent back into strong woman status and given an excellent story of her own NOT involving Sammy or her other children.

Then there's that horrible Willow. Why on earth they brought her in and played her the same way Chelsea was brought in, repeating all the same mistakes, is beyond me. I don't have any problem with the actress playing Willow. It's all the writing and development of such an awful character that annoys me.

Next I have to mention that E.J. is being written WAY too nasty. They need to tone that way down. Keep him edgy but not cartoonishly evil.

And then I also wanted to mention Gabrielle/Gabby. I can't stand her father Duck but I think Gabby is a very intelligent, interesting, and strong character in her own right and worthy of getting her own storylines apart from Belle & Shawn. I hope they keep her. And more imporantly keep her INTELLIGENT.

Then I also have to say I'm bored to tears with that whole teen scene. Everything, absolutely everything about them, is just beyond dull.

I want to see:

Marlena & Roman & Kate, Tony & Stefano, Anna & Tony, more of Steve & Kayla, Hope & Bo, not those boring teens.

I think they're writing Philip as way too mean as well. Tone it down.

More points.

Where is Caroline Brady? They've back burnered her so far she's pretty much off the show. Get her back giving advice often. Same goes for Maggie but at least they show her sometimes.

Love seeing Adrienne back. I liked Bonnie well enough. She was fun. But there's something special about Adrienne. There's this warm rush every time she shows up.

And for heaven's sake bring back Vivian!!!!!!!

Archived