ATWT: Why are half the characters living at Emma's farmhouse

• Members

Ok, this has been brought up on alot of boards, and I really think it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks here. Why is it that Lily and Holden and there family, which have a huge house, and Jack and his family which also has a pretty big house are all now living at Emma's farmhouse? At last count 12 people live there, and another 2 or three check into the farmhouse motel every so often. So what gives?? Why are half the scenes on ATWT at Emma's anymore, and even more interesting we never even see Emma.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Holden and Lily are actually "living" at Emma's. I don't think their presence there at all hours of the day is very well explained since we know Emma's back at home. Why/how Lily had carted her kids there before school (the day she didn't know Faith wasn't upstairs with Natalie) doesn't make any sense to me. I could understand why Holden and Lily might have stayed there after bringing Ethan home from the hospital, if reporters covering the e.coli outbreak would have been outside their door all night...but it was never explained.

Jack and the kids staying there makes a little more sense, but I'm kind of waiting for one of the kids to ask about why their not living in Milltown, where they've lived most of their lives, and is just sitting empty now. Or let Jack tell Holden, "I can't face the memories there". Something...kwim?

But I guess the real answer is it's easier on the budget to use the Farmhouse like a bus station. My question is...why are millionaires like Henry and Vienna slumming in a one-room suite at the Lakeview? Shouldn't they at least be in a Penthouse? It's the generic-ness of the Lakeview "rooms" I hate. All they do is move the bed against a different wall and shoot from a different angle.

And half the residents of Oakdale really don't even have a home. I have no clue where Dusty lives. Paul hasn't been at his penthouse apt. in forever. I think Meg's still living at the Wagon Wheel.

• Members

Dusty still lives at the Lakeview I think, as does Barbara.

Emily lives at Susan's, and really, if I can get anything out of this hooker storyline, can I get Emily NOT living with her mother? She's got mad cash now, hook her up!

Paul lives in that horrid, isolated cabin - I miss the PH :(

Craig lives at Fairwinds.

• Members

It wasn't a street, it was the Oakdale Court apartments. They had a huge "courtyard" section in the beginning, but by 2001, it was reduced to just the apartment where Carly lived, which had been Molly's. I don't know why they didn't keep using it, it seemed a logical place to have people live and interact.

• Members

Speaking of which... anybody notice SORASed Natalie? She seems older than Faith! :o

It's strange. Barbara and Dusty haven't been seen together in months... yet they live in the same penthouse/suite at The Lakeview.

• Members

The stairs in Tom and Margo's house are gone(it was between the kitchen and the living room).

Al's Diner is a lot smaller(recycled from the Carlino's restaurant set from AW)no longer has the big windows,just a wall with an Al's Diner sign.

I think the former AW/NBC Brooklyn studios have more space than ATWT's former studio at

CBS Broadcast Center(where GL is now)and there should be plenty of room for more sets,but it probably has something to do with the budget IMO.

• Members

My guess is that the set for Lily & Holden's house has been taken down for one of the MANY new sets that we've seen lately. These Las Vegas sets are pretty elaborate and it looks like they did a real quality job with them. Once Emily/Dusty/Alison are out of Vegas, Lily & Holden's home will reappear and everyone will stop congragating at Emma's.

Not really... the only other Lakeview suite that we've seen in ages is Barbara/Dusty's -- and that room is 100% different than Henry/Vienna's suite.

• Members

Barbara's penthouse is at the Lakeview, it's not just one of the rooms. Henry and Vienna don't have a suite, it looks like one room, the bed is opposite the door. The only difference between H&V's room and Simon's former room is that H&V's bed lies east-west, and Simon's was north-south, and had a couch.

Archived