GL: What Would You Do?

• Members

What would you guys do if you took over the headwriting reigns tomorrow from Kreizman? Within reason!!

I have recently begun watching it, and I know I am NOTTTTTTTT enjoying it!

Sorry if there is a thread similar to this, I apologize, I tried searching, but it wouldn't let me search the term GL. ;)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bring back Cynthia Watros as Annie Dutton.

Bring back Danny and Michelle -- only Joie Lenz and Paul Anthony Stewart, though! For that matter, bring back Carmen Santos. Saundra Santiago was fierce!

Let a serial killer begin terrorizing Springfield. It's revealed to viewers that the serial killer is actually Reva, who's gone insane. She's planning to frame Annie for it, even though nobody in town knows that Annie is back except for her. Annie -- who knows nothing about Reva's sudden psychosis -- kidnaps her and tortures her a la "Hostel." While Reva is being held captive, the murders mysteriously stop. The police find Reva in the cell that Annie is keeping her in, but Annie flees before the police can catch her. Everyone believes that Annie is the serial killer. As soon as Reva is rescued and freed from the cell that Annie was keeping her in, the killings begin again -- and Annie puts two and two together. Annie wires herself with a microphone and confronts Reva. Reva tries to kill her, but Annie pushes her off a cliff. Reva is presumed dead, and Annie goes to the police with the proof that Reva is the serial killer -- while also concocting a tale that makes herself look like the hero and gets herself off the hook, legally.

At Reva's funeral, everyone is stunned when none other than Reva herself walks in. The woman in the casket is her clone!

I'm smoking from the same pipe JER does. :)

• Members

Well, I feel like the pacing for one is OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!! I watched the Jonathon/Tammy Exits in, what was it, February? Then I tuned in like two weeks ago, and I was *SO* lost. I felt like I hadn't watched in a year so much had happened.

And Dinah and Mallet just got engaged and married in one episode......I was like are you freaking kidding me!? I don't like Ave or Alan Michael...or Remy or the Cooper girl. I feel like the show needs major focus. I'm just not sure what stories can bring that back.

• Members

I'd stop the Wednesday ITL episodes. They seem to be a license to fast-forward the storytelling. And fire Mandy Bruno. OMG...Marina is totally useless. Then I'd beg Grant Aleksander to come back and bring Phillip back to the Spauldings.

• Members

This is disregarding all matters of budget.

1. Get rid of worthless characters like Ava, Jeffrey, Cassie and Remy.

2. Bring more Bauers back (Ed, Michelle, Hope, etc.)

3. Bring Annie Dutton back, preferably in the form of Cynthia Watros.

4. Make Dinah a real b!tch again, and not Mallet's b!tch as she is now. In fact, I would break those two up.

5. Keep Alan-Michael on the show and put him in a love/hate relationship with Dinah.

6. Bring Danny back with Michelle, preferably played by Bethany Joy Lenz.

7. Put Blake and Holly in frontburner stories coinciding with the return of Ross (if JVD were available).

8. Make Alexandra, Billy, Lillian and Vanessa more prominent.

9. Bring Phillip back, but only if GA returns as well.

10. Reunite Josh and Reva (FOR GOOD this time).

11. Beg Aubrey Dollar to return as Marina.

• Members

Also, keeping in mind there's no budget...

Offer Beverlee Mckinsey a multi-million dollar salary so that she'd return as Alexandra. Have Alex get a hold of her family and try to get them to stop their shenanigans. Have her take control of it all away from Alan. If Mckinsey refuses the million, offer it to Joan Collins. I like Marj Dusay fine, but I like those two better.

Bring back Bridget Reardon and her son and have Vanessa go batty because she's p.o'd that she didn't get to raise the boy.

Keep Josh and Reva together permanently.

Have B&B/Y&R's Sheila (Kimberlin Brown, who's said in the past she'd do GL) show up to start her life over where no one knows her...until her new love interest Frank and his daughter get on her case.

Bring back Danny and Michelle (Paul Anthony Stewart and Rachel Miner !)

• Members

Unfortunately, I gave up on the show after the miserable Jammy exit. If I were headwriter, I would not piss off so many fan bases all at once.

The current TPTB seem to have the mindset of a two year old schild; obsessed with a new toy (character) but soon becoming bored. My only wish is that they tire of Ava soon.

Furthermore, the bad guys enjoy their reign for far too long.

• Members

I'm going to try to keep this as realistic as possible.

1) As someone else has said, get rid of the ITL episodes. They have done exactly what I feared they have. The ITL eps have completely screwed with the pacing of the show, burning through story at a rocket's pace. And considering that Kreizman has little to no ability in pacing, they just exacerbate the problem.

2) Get rid of: Ava, Jeffrey, Leah, Cassie, Ashlee, Remy, and Marina. I would perhaps also reduce Frank to recurring status, which, quite frankly, is a decision that, to my surprise, has not happened yet. I would also save A-M from getting axed.

3) Try to get the characters back in line with how they should be. Alan and Beth MUST be redeemed. Beth would realize what a bitch she has become and restarts her therapy sessions with Felicia. In order to get back in touch with herself, she would begin painting again. She would also leave Alan and the Spauldings behind. Alan would need to lose everything: his company, his family, his money, everything. That would be where I would start from. Harley would stop being a whiney and sanctimonious bitch and would rejoin the force, being placed with Mallet as her partner. Reva and Josh would get back together after Cassie is gotten rid of. They would then make a vow to themselves (and to us) that they will never divorce again.

4) Blake and Holly would be put back on contract with the money freed up by the exits over the past few months. Ed and Hope (as well as Hope's teen son) would be brought back as well.

5) Write actual storylines not "stories" that tiptoes around a plot like the Mexican hat dance. They would have an actual beginning, middle, and end. We would actually SEE developments on screen, not hear about them months later as an "out-of-nowhere surprise" (i.e. Beth and Rick's affair).

6) Write social issue storylines that are realistic, sensitive, and respectful, meaning those that do not insult those who can directly relate to the story.

7) Use the quote from Rev. Ruthledge not simply in the opening to whore out GL's history, but use it as a primary guide to the show every single day. For a show primarily about hope and charity, GL is looking very dark and depressing these days. Most, if not all, of the characters are selfish and despicable with little regard for others.

Archived