DAYS: Hogan Sheffers ORIGINAL Interview

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The first three weeks of January was pretty good. The last week of January is when the ratings started tanking, and kept getting worse during sweeps. If DAYS tapes 6 weeks in advance, and Hogan and Corday have taken note of the dire situation, we could potentially see the Big 4 getting stories at the end of next month. *crosses fingers*

PSNS is going off the air in 6 months, yet the haven't fallen 0.6-0.7 tenths of a point since the news of their cancellation? They are still holding their 1.4-1.5 in HH and has Not hit all time lows in 18-49 or 18-34.

One would think if a cancellation or rumors of cancellation would cause DAYS to fall so bad, it would also have the same effect on PSNS, which is far worse than DAYS as others state constantly.

• Members

How much more can Passions fall Rick? They had their fall when they fell from 2.0 to 1.5 in the past 2 years and never recovered. Some people will still watch but going from a 2.6 in January to a 2.1 is just too fast to fall and it all started the week after that comment. Yes, the other issues compounded the problem but that damn statement started the downward spiral.

• Members

Maybe he couldn't help it? All the cast changes and the budget and so on. December and half of January were good. It just seems like there is something going on and it started in Janaury. Hogan should have never opened his mouth like he did. Period. He should've just did his intro interview and left it at that because he should've accounted for the fact that things could change and there may be cast issues and such. He made promises that he thought he could keep but maybe the situation changed. No one knows.

As I said, Hogan's reputation is on the line here. There is no way he would make all thsoe promises without intending on keeping at least most of them. It makes him look bad and like a liar so why people think he is doing this on purpose is beyond me. It's illogical. It's more on Corday and NBC, who probably pulled all the cast changes and [!@#$%^&*] on him and then he had to re-write and backtrack. That is probably why everything got messed up. Nothing else makes much sense.

• Members

Here's the thing. In my opinion, the reason Sheffer has written such ridiculous storylines (such as Belle jumping into the ocean with Claire) is that he is writing for DAYS, whereas on Y/R he wouldn't do that. I think people tend to write the flavor of the show they're at - which is not something I always agree with and in this case I think that he needed to tone down the froth and camp - and that he probably doesn't think he's done anything bad or wrong yet.

The whole family thing is ridiculous though. Two families within like two months? Even Michael Malone didn't do that!

• Members

If DAYS is axed, Hogan is out of a job anyway. If I were in his position, I'd let it be known that Corday/NBC are interfering and let the chips fall where they may. If Corday fires him, so be it. Better to get out now and salvage some of his reputation than to be widely blamed something that is the fault of his superiors. Two years of HW salary is not worth being known as the guy who put the final nail in the coffin of a 42 year old show.

• Members

If it was out of his hands, then he shouldn't have made the promises. Like I said- simple. Whether things changed or not few fans are going to have the patience to care. This is my point. All most fans see is this interview full of promises he hasn't kept and no real reason to believe the show will get better. Hence the ratings. I'm among the not caring what or why or how we got here. The excuses brand is not for me. And I enjoy the show for the most part. However- The fact remains that we are here, and if here isn't better soon... well.

• Members

I get what you are saying but when he made those promises the issues probably weren't present. He was probably told what he could do and that is why he said it and the issues came up later, hence why we don't hear from him anymore.

Like I said, he should have just did the intro interview and that's it. All his previews for Fall and December came true. His whole interview wasn't wrong anyway. Just the new character thing, lack of Horton's, and lack of the big 4. That is it. Everything he said in regards to previews initally was on point.

The truth is I knew something was up when half the stuff we were told would happen in the 2007 previews and half the stuff we were told about the J&M story didn't come true. Those two things and that fact that we didn't even get sweeps previews for Days this year tells me something came up and threw the show into disarray.

• Members

These were Hogan's 2007 Previews in SOD. Everything promised here happened in January or February...with the exception of the part in bold.

Sami/Lucas/EJ:

EJ forces Sami to have sex to save Lucas's life . "We know what's next - she's gonna turn up pregnant! And Lucas says, 'On boy! It's so great! We're having a baby!' He proposes to her. EJ tries to find out if it's his. This is a big comeuppance for Sami. Kate can't be anything but what she is, which is not a not a very nice mother-in -law. But it is a wonderful, romantic time for Lucas and Sami." As for EJ, "He's going to be in Mexico most of January and then when he realizes that Lexie and Tek have dropped off the face of earth, he realizes there are no eyewitness, so he turns himeself over to the Salem PD and says, 'You ain't got nothing on me'. And they don't. He's a free man. Billie will also go after Ej in a big way."

It's going to be so fast and exciting and so wonderfully romantic as far as the first three months of the new year goes, you can't miss a day," declares Executive Producer Ken Corday. "There will be huge romance and huge mystery, traveling well outside the bounds of Salem and the USA."

JOHN/MARLENA: "Tek witnesses EJ shooting John, but Lexise says she did, which will come back to haunt them and will force them out of town. It will appear that John will be on life support forever and what's Marlena going to do? This is her quandary. She doesn't give up on her man. John and Marlena will find a way to start communicating with each other and then he will find a way to come out of his coma."

PATCH/KAYLA: "They will have a huge story. EJ will show his cards to Patch, and Patch loses it completely. More and more of these same episodes get worse and worse. Kayla is the one who's actually his touchstone, who is there for him as he was for her when she was deaf. He's suffering a different kind of illness. She is the voice of reason and love for him."

BO/HOPE: "She will give birth this week and Bo will learn he's the father, not Patrick. They'll wait for the Internet (lol) to tell them what the name of this baby is. Bo is still off the force, but he works with his good old buddy Patch to get to the bottom of this EJ thing. Hope has some wonderful scenes of reconciliation with her stepdaughter, Chelsea, and Billie."

SHAWN/BELLE/WILLOW/PHILIP: "Philip comes back, lays claim to Claire and the court find in his favor, pending three months of parental review with Shawn and Belle. Philip, of course, gets passports for him and Claire, planning to skip the country. Shawn and Belle find out through Mimi. They skip before Philip can go to Canda, which leads us on one big, worldwide chase. Willow is the bad girl and she ends up in cahoots with Philip."

MIMI/BONNIE: "There will be a mystery with her and Bonnie and their younger brother, Connor, which gets all three of them on-screen.

MAX/ABBY/CHELSEA/NICK: "Abby's completely in love with Max. He doesn't see it. There will be another young man coming into the fold. Nick is busted [as Lonely Splicer]. Chelsea figures it out, then she has to deal with him at face value."

• Members

This is sucking really bad. I don't want the show cancelled but I sometimes miss JERk (I can't believe I wrote that!). At least we saw the vets some and we had Carrie, Austin, Lexie, Frankie, Jack, and Jennifer back then even though their storylines were pretty lame.

• Members

OK. I get there are budget issues. Yes, the big couples can't be used.

Yet........... WHY are the stories with the characters he IS using so stupid?

Belle/Shawn has been dragged out and any appeal the initial story had is long gone. The dead horse has been beaten to a bloody pulp.

Steve's story is awful. Plain and simple. The fact that an OVER-EXPOSED character is featured in it isn't helping.

• Members

I stopped watching Days about a month ago. Don't miss it. Something happened...I can't explain it...it's like I just felt no emotional attachment to the show or characters anymore. I'm very busy and for me to dedicate an hour of my time to something that just was so boring just seemed crazy to me.

Hogan's "stories" ugh....I mean...whatever. I've seen it all before....MANY times....this whole Stefano crap....tarot cards, mind control, cardboard villians, no follow through on plot points (Lexie, Marlena, John, Bo, Hope)....I mean...this is just crazy. I remember when Another World was on it's last legs.....and you know what folks? I don't recall, outside of the dumb Lumina story they did, the show every getting this silly....

I thought Marlena was supposed to be the "matriarch".....a busy mom and working woman? Um.....lol.....I dunno....I read fans trying so hard to defend this show...but....it's just a joke of it's former self and as sad as it is to say this...I'd rather just have my memories of the good "Days" than be promised YET ONCE AGAIN...by Corday and Sheffer that "this time will be different"...we will have romance, passion, adventure....blah blah blah....This show just never seems to get better year after year....hey...at the very least...I (along with MANY people I know) now have an hour free to find some quality entertainment. Here's a concept....I along with many former Days fans want to be entertained, laugh, cry, and enjoy our shows. Now I can try to find a show worthy of my very valuable time.

The powers that be have really hurt many fans....and I just don't see many of us coming back anymore....we've been so patient for years in fact....for me at least...it's time to move on.

Archived