DAYS Monday, March 12: Best show in weeks

• Members

Ok, so I decided to start the DAYS thread for once, because I already saw the show and I really, really loved it. I´m sure not many will appreciate it, because it´s not the right characters and right couples on spotlight, but if you want great drama and real honest emotion, DAYS is the show to watch.

First, the best thing. Chelsea/Nick/Billie fallout. I really think Rachel is the best actress in the show right now. She is getting great material, yes, but she is really giving everything into it, much more than some veteran actors are used. It´s so hard to play a scene like this and not overact, but she manages it perfectly. I love her, love Nick and really believe if Sheffer will not rush them, they are a supecouple in the making.

Sami/Celeste: sort of recap from friday, but still very good. But please, is there someone who belives that Celeste is actually good? She is so luring poor Sami into a clear trap, giving her this ilusion of a simple solution of everything. I predict, there will be a huge twist in the Sami/Lucas/EJ story and it will not at all go the way everybody expect.

Abby/Max: It´s clear Sheffer finnaly knows what the conflict is going to be for them. Max is obviously starting to care about Abby much more than he cared about his other women. He knows Abby is totally into him and wouldn´t mind to give herself to him, yet he is trying to pretend she is not, because he is afraid he will use her and hurt her the same way he did with all the girls before. The little thing with Max ordering wine for himself and Abby and next realizing she is not yet adult was a very clever way for the writers to remind us the main conflict, the same like the way they used Jed, first Max, so he is not with Abby alone, and next she, to stay clear before Maggie. I love this playfullnees and quiet way we are reminded of plot without actually hammering it into us.

Steve/EJ: This scene was wonderfully played too, but I still feel this storyline is something Sheffer was suggested to write because it´s the usual DAYS storyline, but he is not very sure how to do it. I mean, his stories for teens and new characters seems to be much stronger.

Anyway, in some ratings thread weeks ago I said the show is obviously back in the transition, because Sheffer was forced to rewrite or cancel a lot of his stories, but I still have a faith in him, that as soon as he adapts and readjusts, the show will reemerge strong again. I think we are already there.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A very well written episode and wonderfully acted by Rachel Melvin and Julie Pinson. My heart was breaking for Chelsea today. Not so much for Nick because he was SO STUPID to sleep with Billie in the first place. And Billie--well, she has the most messed-up, unhappiest life I can imagine. She and Chelsea were making so much progress; now this. But it all goes back to her terrible judgment when it comes to men, as do most of the problems she's ever had. If she hadn't taken up with Steve (she knew in her heart he belonged to Kayla), she wouldn't have got drunk because of the break-up letter and wouldn't have slept with Nick in the first place. She should take a vow of celibacy for awhile.

I see where the Max/Abby story is going, but I'm still not interested. Max's character has never engaged me, and I don't see him and Abby as a couple. I've tried to pick up on the chemistry so many others see, but I just don't feel it. Part of the problem is I hate seeing Abby in that garage, wearing those awful overalls and sliding around under cars.

Still hating Willow and Jed. Enough said.

Sami is a fool if she falls into Celeste's trap. And I'm sure it's some kind of trap. And does she honestly think EJ is not going to expect her to mess around with the amnio results? Things like that are her specialty.

Loved Steve and EJ. There are a lot of undercurrents there, and I'm hoping for some interesting twists in this storyline. I have high expectations for the writers right now, that they will take some of these storylines they are setting up and do something exciting and new instead of following the old predictable patterns. Hogan, don't disappoint me!

• Members

Well, when the show announced they are casting Jed, I thought it will be the classic Abby is getting involved with another guy, Max is jealous and finally realizing he has feeling for her, so I like this much better. I also think eventually Max will try to pair Abby and Jed and will force them together, so there is no chance for him and Abby. But yeah, it would be much better if Max had some different job, let´s say a doctor. Unfortunatelly, the show had been really obsessed with race car drivers at the time his character was created, so they have sort of build it up from there. But Max is already talking about change, so hopefully he will eventually try something more ambitional.

• Members

I have been feeling like crap all day so I haven't been able to get onto the board and talk about how great today's show was. I loved it!

I whole heartidly believe that Celeste is setting Sami up for the biggest downfall. Celeste is a DiMera in every way that counts. Why people choose to accept her rather than EJ, Stefano, Tony, etc. is beyond me. I'm also convinced that Celeste knows what truly happened to Lexie and Tek. She's accepting this "death" rather quickly and non-emotionally.

It's nice to see Sami being the one blackmailed for once. She's feeling the pressure that she has put on several people throughout the last 14 years. And I finally saw the old Sami when she burst into EJ's office and agreed to give him what he wanted, as long as she got what she wanted in return. Now, that's Sami Brady!

I have a feeling Abby is going to screw up MABBY for me. She needs to tell Maggie to mind her own business and find her own damn husband! Why the hell did Maggie go to the Penthouse Grille alone? She looked like such a loser sitting there by herself. Where's Mickey? That's what she needs to be worried about rather than Abby's choice of men. Max Brady is the right man for Abby. So butt out!

And I'm sorry, but I was not impressed with the Chelsea/Billie/Nick scenes. I felt that neither actor brought their A game to the scene, which really hurt because of it. Ashley Benson showed more emotion in her one scene with Chelsea than Rachel Melvin, Julie Pinson and Blake Berris showed in all of their scenes. Not cool.

And how could I forget Steve and EJ. I love this dynamic. I never thought I'd see the day where Steve Johnson would go toe to toe with Elvis Banks :lol:

• Members

I wouldn't call her the best actress on the show but Melvin was awesome today. Her performance had just the right combination of devastation/revulsion without being over the top.

Pinson was a bit too weepy for my liking.

MEMO to Sami: Celeste is NOT your friend!

It was a pretty good show today. Compared to recent weeks, there was much more energy and focus.

• Members

Finally!! Two episodes in a roll with focus, direction, and great pop and energy. I feel like things are getting back on track.

Melvin was just right today. Giving anymore would've been over the top. I loved her today and felt so bad for Nick and Billie. I think Pinson was fine and Berris impressed me, mostly because he showed so much of his inner pain and heartache in his facial expressions. I loved their scenes and how they progressed towards the show.

AWESOME to see the Penthouse Grille back!! Love that set. Maggie being alone was kind of lame. It reminds me they need to resolve the Mickey issue so they can give her someone to associate with. I don't get why Maggie dislikes Max as I know she liked Frankie and that is Frankie's brother. Nonetheless, I think it has something to do with Max's moving from Chelsea to Stephanie to Mimi and now he is looking at Abby so it's the ladies man thing. I do see where the story with MABY is going and I like it. I also like how Jed is involved. Don't like him but at least he isn't actually with Abby in terms of a relationship. Abby/Chelsea scenes were good.

Liked EJ/Steve. It feels like we are building to something there. I enjoy scenes where they toy with each other. Ej/Sami towards the end was good. Sami has her spark back. As for Sami/Celeste, Celeste is DEFINITELY up to something. She should be more upset about Lexie and I am beginning to wonder if not showing Celeste after Lexie's disappearance was planned so we wouldn't catch on to her motives. I still remember the EJ/Celeste faceoff in November where he said "Your part of this family too." I think she is working for EJ and perhaps Lexie is with Stefano or being held somewhere and Celeste is doing this to protect her daughter and grandson. Either way, I am getting vibes like I did when Celeste double-crossed Marlena so Sami better watch it.

Willow was reall channeling Nicole today. Her slyness and her smirk at the end of the episode and body language was so much like Nicole.

Good show. Two in a row that makes me feel better about where we are going.

• Members

I loved all the young people today. Great work on all counts (only Jed needs work) and loved their story. Today, I didn't hate Max as I see he decided to realize his role as the adult and to behave as such LOL. At any rate, I hope that means he is also realizing that Abby is very young (after forgetting she was too young to drink ugh) and will allow her room to grow up.

Also, if Max would get a different line of work. Hogan can't get rid of the racing scene soon enough to suit me. I think Max should go to Mythic and talk to them about franchising his name for a line of auto parts and repairs. As a recognized international race car winner, his name is worth endorsements and why none of the writers have used that is beyond me. He does not have to be practically a beggar or stuck in a greasy garage, either.

The S&K story is not interesting to me at all. Steve has been grossing me out but today he was a tad better. Those two actors (for Steve & EJ) are both full of charisma, able to have chemistry with any actor and together they were so cool.

Maggie being alone in the restaurant didn't phase me one bit. Women often stop to eat alone when out on a shopping trip. It was probably a treat for her to eat someplace other than her own restaurant and maybe even daydream about some special times in the past that occurred there. I think it's funny that Maggie is feeling like I do about Max. She is being a very loving relative. Guiding the young people is part of an older relative's place in life. Most appreciate that as it's why they go to their elders when needing the best advice.

• Members

Today's show was the msot character-driven unisolated episode we've seen in weeks. Yay!

The reveal was played perfectly, IMO. Every beat was hit. Chelsea was devastated, and revolted. Nothing was overplayed. First billie was firm and confident that everything would be okay, but then Chelsea was making to leave and that hit her way too close to home. This episode made Pinson Billie for me. For the longest time she's been an actress in a role, and a good one, but she's never been Billie until now. She's fleshed out now and it's wonderful. The last scenes between her and Chelsea were heartbreaking- calling her Georgia and Chelsea calling her Billie. Ouch. I wasn't fond of the latter scenes with just Nick and Billie. If I were Nick, the last thing I would done was hang around with Billie after all that went down.

MABBY finally have the perfect set up. I won't go into it now, as Jane expressed PERFECTLY. Also, Maggie butting in is perfect. Bo/Hope parallels, anyone remember how much Doug loathed Bo? Obviously it's not going that far, but Max's reputation precedes him. He's not his brother, so Maggie has no reaosn to give him the benefit of the doubt. Far as she can see, he's a playboy, and even if he's a good kid at heart, she's not gonna stand back and watch him break her Abby's heart, not when she's her responsibility and with Jack and Jenn off in London doing their thing. I love MABBY, but there's nothing like the perfect conflict. I loved today how subtely they did it, too, her insinuating Jed into the equation and not Max. Maggie, in a front burner storyline? What?

And as far Maggie being alone, wth is the problem? She was checking out the competition. It was a last minute thing, and a work day. Mickey was probably in the office. And besides, do you really think we're ever seeing Mickey again? Please.

As much as the S&K story bugs me, it's so typical as far as the actual conflict and how it's being played. I wouldn't mind scenes with Kayla and her parents, see how they're reacting. Sigh. Maybe even a one-sided phone conversation with Kim wouldn't hurt. Or Stephanie for that matter.

Last, but not least Celeste and Sami. Oh boy! Tanya Boyd, you were born to play evil with a slight tint of grey. The woman is a genius. And so is Sheffer, for utilizing her like this. She's obviously a double agent, but you can't help but grin. Sami's so blind to it, because she's so desperate to be rid of EJ. All the same, she's doing this for no one but herself. Just like Celeste always does. Self-serving. She loves deeply, but she's never vulnerable. And Sami, man, I've missed Bitch!Sami. I loved how she marched into EJ's office with demands of her own.

• Members

For the first time in a few weeks, i was actually very excited to watch the show today...Mainly for the chelsea/nick/billie reveal...Which i agree was done very well...Rachel Melvin rocked today and she really has turned Chelsea into my favorite character on the show...Also Julie Pinson did well too, i loved when she called her daughter Georgia...they don't really use the name that often...

Max and Abby were also great today, probably the best they've had..Because it was less flirting and an actual story...There is an attraction there, but they are going to have a lot of obstacles to face before coming together...Max's playboy past, the fact that abby is a few years younger, and now with Maggie butting in....With that said, i'm so glad Maggie is getting so much airtime lately..Suzanne Rogers deserves it, being one of the longest cast members on the show now..

Sami and Celeste's scenes were pretty intense...and i do think more is going on than Celeste will tell...She is far too calm, if she really feels that her daughter is dead...its great seeing Tanya Boyd back on the show...I'm glad she's finally being utilized...

Steve's story was a little boring today...I found it interesting that EJ kept calling him Steven though...

• Members

I agree with you and thinking about it more I see what you mean about Maggie not liking Max. I also agree with you about Maggie being alone. I guess the Mickey thing still bothers me. It just feels like a loose end that should be tied up. It makes me happy thinking Maggie is going to be involved with MABY. I love it.

Glad many people liked the show. For me, these past two episodes have been on point all around. I feel direction and movement and it seems like we are getting somewhere now. FINALLY!!

Archived