Cell Phone Woes

2shane8

• Members

We had a huge snowstorm in Maine today that turned into rain and hail. On my way home from work, my cell phone got drenched, even though it was in my coat pocket. Now, it won't work at all.

Has anyone ever had a water logged phone before? Is there anything I can do, or will I have to buy another one? I keep praying that it will "dry out," but I'm thinking that is a long shot. LOL.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never had my cell get drenched, but my cordless phone at home has been dropped in the pool, dish water, bathtub, many times and it always works after drying out lol

Try laying it near your heater for a few hours, or using a hairdryer on low

• Members

I've dropped my phone in a tub full of water before. :lol:

Just like everyone said, put it next to a heater and leave it there for a day or so to completely dry out. Also, remove the battery and put it aside so that it an properly dry out.

My screen was messed up for a while, but the phone itself worked fine after a day or so.

• Members

Thats exactly what I did. I was being drunk and stupid and thats what I get. My friend that was with me used to work at radio Shack. Thank God she was there, she helped save my phone. It took about 3 days for my phone to start functioning properly but its all good now.

• Members

I dropped mine in a toilet one time (Don't ask).

I took it apart and left it on my dashboard in my truck to where the back of the phone was facing towards the sun. I did that to the battery too. Then, after about two hours, I slapped it against my leg until finally, the water quit flying out everywhere. Then I put on my dah again for the rest of the day.

It worked fine for about 6 months, but then it wouldn't charge. So I'd have to put my battery in my mom's cell phone, let it charge, and then put the battery back in my phone.

Finally, I got a new phone in June, but about a month ago..out of pure anger...I smashed it against the side of the university library. Needless to say, the phone screen looked like asbtract art but still worked. So now, I just put my old toilet battery in my broken phone, let it charge, and then put it back in the phone.

:wacko: Crazy, I know. :P

• Members

haha well not funny. i dropped my phone while swimming in my pool...i freaked out but i let it dry over night and it worked again!!! so just let it dry see your not the only one out there...there is a support circle for people with water damaged phones...lol

• Members

Shane what service do you have?

If you have Cingular you can go to Wal*Mart and buy one of the prepaid phones, if your Simcard is still okay in the phone all you have to do is take out your simcard and put it in the prepaid phone, don't worry about anything else and your phone will work fine. A guy assoc. with AT&T told me that and it works, I have one!

• Members

Thank you all so much for your feedback!

I have no common sense, and I did just what somebody said not to do: I fried the battery! This was, of course, before I read that post!

How it pains me to know that if I'd simply let it dry out, I would still have a phone and not have to plop down money for a new one. LOL.

Serves me right. Thanks for the kind words, everybody :)

Archived