DAYS: Wednesday, February 21

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Admittedly I'm an S&K fan from way back, so I'm a little biased. But I have NEVER seen them do anything like the last three days.

The last three days of S&K -- and especially today -- were an absolute tour de force of acting, writing and directing.

I don't really know where to start but I'll by saying that Mary Beth Evans absolutely blew me away. I've been wondering when Kayla was going to really break down and give us a glimpse of how painful the last 16 years have been, when she would show some anger, some cracks in the armor. When she would stop walking on eggshells with Steve.

I had absolutely no clue how much she had pent up. The scene where she tackles Steve to the ground and starts pummeling him and calling him a coward, screaming that she wished he'd never come back... literally made me cry. She was utterly amazing. That scene was real and gritty and raw and huge kudos go to MBE, SN and the writers and director for not shying away from any of it. They totally put it out there and it was real and ugly and gut-punchingly emotional.

The last three days of S&K have just been an amazing exploration of who these two people are, as individuals and as a couple. At no poing did Kayla once hold back from calling Steve on his crap -- like the other day when he thought he was being strong by telling her he was afraid to lose her and she said he was being a coward and waiting for her to leave. And I adored today when she told him that he could take his hero crap and chuck it. She knows him down to the bone.

What I like best about the last three days and the final climax of things today is that this conflict is 100% in character for both of them. Steve would kill himself before willingly laying a hand on her again, and it's utterly in character for him to walk away from her rather than risk it. He's losing it and he knows it and he just can't trust himself not to hurt her. Kayla's reaction is dead on as well. She mourned this man for a lifetime and he's ripping her heart out and walking away from her willingly. Nothing about this doesn't ring true to who they are.

Sheffer may still have some rough patches to overcome but he absolutely get S&K and I have to give him credit for being able to show me new layers to a couple I thought I knew inside and out.

But bottom line, I have to end with another round of praise to MBE and SN. Today's scenes just wouldn't have worked in the hands of lesser actors or a couple who don't have the kind of trust those two have. They were simply amazing to watch. To SN's credit, although Steve is such an over the top character, today he pulled back and let MBE go for it. And she went for it.

Simply incredible.

• Members

MBE rocked the show today. Great stuff from SN also. Of course, I'm rooting for shawn/belle to escape, and I enjoyed Phillip holding Willow overboard just wished he would have thrown her in the water. Lucas/Sami was boring today. Kayla needs Bo and Hope right now. I hope we start seeing them involved in this story.

• Members

Love S&K but today was too high emotion for me. Not into that sort of drama. I'll be happy when they are more down to earth.

BB looked smashing and dashing in the uniform. He looked smashing in the dress suit when he appeared as the asst. DA, too. He was meant to have a demeanor of authority instead of the "just woke up today" Shawn. Hopefully tptb will write something more worthwhile for him. Spiffy him up a bit intellectually and careerwise.

Why are Philip and Willow being written as lunatics? Willow's makeup today definitely was to show her as a wild woman and Philip's laugh was that of a madman. A little too overkill to suit me. I get the drift without all that pounding it in. Same with S&K today.

Reading ahead for a few days, I think Days is back in a slump until Bo and Hope and J&M are back on screen.

• Members

FINALLY! I have finally sat through a Steve and Kayla episode and actually was glad to see them. Mary Beth Evans rocked the house today. Stephen Nichols did a fabulous job as well. When Kayla pulled Steve to the ground and started slapping him, keeping him from leaving the hotel suite, I got goosebumps. This scene has made me a Steve and Kayla fan.

I think it was more about Kayla not having anything to do. Now that Kayla is more invovled in the storyline, I'm enjoying it more.

Philip and Willow, all that sexual tension on that boat may sink the damn thing.

• Members

Awwww, that's so awesome to read. These two are/can be this great together all the time if they are just given material together. The past 3 episodes of them have been great. MBE and SN have been outstanding.

I never dreamed Phillip could be so crazy, Willow is pregnant and he scared me by hanging her overboard. I'm no Willow fan, but she is a pregnant woman. Phillip needs major help.

• Members

Where exactly are they taking Philip? He was absolutely crazy today--psychopath crazy. And this makes me sound evil, but I was really, really hoping he'd drop Willow! Speaking of which, isn't she 4 months pregnant? How did she get into that dress?

Steve and Kayla broke my heart today...again. MBE, Wow! I could actually feel her desperation and frustration and when she was screaming at Steve that she wished he'd stayed dead.......just WOW!!!!!

So EJ confirmed Sami's pregnancy secret. That was big, but I was rather distracted by the fact that the garbage bag he snagged on his way out of the apartment was so empty. Mine are usually filled to overflowing and I can barely tie the bag closed. :D

• Members

Great show today.

MBE shined today. This was her best episode since her return. I have been loving her lately but she was amazing today when she told Steve about all the pain and suffering she went through and how him leaving her would kill her. The way she told him he may as well strangle her was just so gut-wrenching and then the tackle and her slapping...wow. SN was great too. Both SN and MBE rocked this week. This week has been emmy material for them. I am loving this story and loved the scenes with Kayla just dropping the picture frame.

I am glad EJ now has it confirmed that Sami is pregnant. I just love the scenes where he toys with Sami and Lucas and then leaves, causing tension and making sami go nuts. The EJ/Stefano scene where Stefano clenched his fist in celebration over him possibly impregnating Sami was really good. Love the scenes with EJ/Stefano this week. Steve coming in at the end and then being brought to his knees again with the tarot card still gets me all the time. Now that Steve has been given orders, I can't wait to see this story play out as it is picking up really fast now.

I thought JKJ was good today. The guy has been through hell and I think he is meant to be a little over the edge and full of alot of rage. I really liked Willow today (I am starting to like her just like Drew is starting to like Steve/Kayla :lol: ) but I still couldn't help but yell out to Philip to drop her. I am not in love with her yet but I like how she looks now and her acting was good today. There is some sexual tension with them though.

Belle/Shawn was good. Things moved and I like their little escape. I am ready to move on from this ship stuff so I am glad it's almost over.

Good show and a great week overall. Hope Days keeps it up.

• Members

I must say I'm jealous of Philip. No, I have not gone straight all of sudden, but damn, he's the only character to come so close to offing the whore. Jay's doing nutso pretty well, but the yelling is unnecessary.

Brandon in uniform. Ooh, baby. The things I would do to you. And damn it, Belle. Shawn's in the shower and he's elsewhere in uniform? Two conflicted, yet throb-worthy images. Excuse me...

...and I'm back.

Steve and Kayla. Day-um. Nearly had me in tears.

Meanwhile, I had to :lol: when Stefano clenched his fist in success.

• Members

I don't really mind Jay's yelling. I mean, the guy is enraged. He has been subtle and more subdued at times too. He really only yelled at one point today. I don't mind it or when Steve yells. I see it as part of the situations they are in and, in a way, as part of what is necessary given the story and what is needed to make the scenes work since they do need a certain intensity to them.

To each their own I guess :)

Archived