It's Valentine's Day....and I'm alone!

Actor87

• Members

Last night was the best ever. My roommate Paul and I went to on a "semi-date". Paul's the best to me; on New Year's Eve we went to a party and when it came time for the clock to hit midnight and everyone to kiss their mates, he gave me a kiss on the cheek. And he's HOTT (blue eyes, brown hair, 6'3, did I mention hott?) He just broke up with his high school girlfriend three weeks ago and I've been single for like ever (except for one time some of you know about), so we decided to just hang out and enjoy each other's company. I had Grilled Sausage and Pepper Penne and Key Lime Pie, he had Jambalaya and Apple Crisp. And because we're incredibly hungry, we had Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza, more Jambalayas, and more Key Lime Pie to go. After that food rush, we went back to the dorm and watched The Truth About Cats and Dogs, my favorite movie and ate chocolate until we fell asleep. Good times, good times.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know why I ever get my hopes up for Valentine's Day. I knew this year would be mostly non-eventful (as are 99.98% of all previous Valentine's Days), especially considering that I wait tables and V-Day is a day you simply *must* work. We were busy as hell and I made good money (but worked way too hard for it). I sent my bestfriend/long-term-crush a cute e-card that said how special a person he was. He told me I was sweet for doing it (I hate the word "sweet". If he tells me how "sweet" I am one more time I'm going to smack him. I tell him he's hot and he tells me I'm "sweet" for saying it. *blech*). It was the only Valentine he got. We met out last night for cocktails (our usual Thursday routine. We have a standing date on Thurs. and Sat.) I gave him his actual V-Day present (I was careful to be simply and non-goofy/sappy with it -- just a funny card, a CD I made, and a bottle of Woodford Reserve -- his favorite bourbon). We got a little drunk and a little stoned and he got hit on by a hot guy and left to go get laid. *Blech* I'm in the mood for a handful of valium, a bottle of vodka, and a *very* long nap.

Archived