B&B: Eileen Davidson signs contract...

• Members

Some people are very quick to defend shows and have undying faith in them. DAYS has burnt me too much. I have no faith in this show any more whatsoever. I'm glad you do. They have really given me an almost 20 year viewer of the show any reason to believe that they are making the right moves are or going to make the right moves. The money excuse is pure BS because they are still hiring new people, they cause money, one causes money and all of them together cumulatively cost even more. DAYS has hired several people and let go of several as well.

Corday never said he wanted Mascolo for 2 episodes, Hogan wanted him for 2 episodes and Mascolo wanted a contract. For months the magazines were reporting that Mascolo was going to back and that talks were being made. Then when Mascolo refused for the short term gig the talks ended.

Anyways, its like beating a dead horse, LOL. I understand you have undying faith in DAYS. I've been watching long enough to know it just doesn't work like that and this whole Eileen Davidson incident is a prime example of that.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah well I have been watching since the 80's too. I understand your point and Days has burned alot of viewers. However, you mention all the newbies. They have only hired two new contract actors (Willow and Nick) and they are cheap as they are newbies. The others are all recurring. We don't know about Jed yet. Even BB is cheaper as he is a newbie. A returning vet would cost alot of money, especilly one of ED or LS value. They brought JKJ back too and that probably took some cash.

It's not so much me defending as me only saying that we don't know what went down. I think it's rather strange that Corday never even called her. That isn't like him. Even CC said in an interview that Corday always called in and checked in with her to see what she was up to. He did the same thing with MBE and SN, which why is there comeback almost happened many times before it actually did. He would usually call the actor and inquire about their demands and desires. The fact that he didn't call speaks volumes. It has nothing to do with me loving the show. It's just looking at the way things usually happen under Corday. He has been around long enough and when you hear that he never even contacted her it comes off as weird.

Hogan never discussed much about Joe in the media. He only said the character would be appears for a few shows and that he didn't know who would be playing him. Deidre and Corday both commented on Joe more specifically in SOD/SOW saying that they only needed him for a two episode arc and Dee even said they really didn't need him back right now. It is clear that the biggest reason is cost because Days would always bring faves like that back in the past if they could. That is all I saying.

I see your point but I don't have undying faith in it. I love it but they have burned me at times too. I am just not going to bash something to which I have no clue what exactly happened or why the choices that were made were made. All I can do is state what could've and what I think happened based on what we know. That is all.

• Members

E. Davidson: "And Brad Bell knows Ashley better than a lot of people on Y&R know her." WHAT THE F***!?!?! She's towing the company line, going along with the hype, going along with what she's told to say, plain & simple. Whom exactly is she dissing? K. Alden? LM Latham? T. Jones? JF Smith? EJ Scott? S. Hamner? J. Griffith? All of them? :o

Bradley Bell is a horrible, pathetic, disgusting, incest-obsessed one-note writer! He doesn't know the character of Ashley Suzanne Abbott! How dare E. Davidson suggest that he does! :angry: Is she that pissed of her firing from Y&R that she would say things that she doesn't believe just to make B. Bell appear as a competent, creative writer!? B. Bell is way too busy plotting the next sexcapades b/w the Forrester clan! Incest, anyone? :angry: If many people thought that Ashley underwent character assassination on Y&R with the writing of Alde, Jones, Smith, Latham & Hamner, then u can bet your last penny that B. Bell will be turn A. S. Abbott into a one note slut/whore/shank/b-i-t-c-h/c-u-n-t/creampie breeding pig/heffer like Brooke Logan & Bridget Forrester were turned into. Y'all better get ready for the new Ashley Suzanne Abbott.

And what about her daughter, Abby Carlton!? Will she be in L.A.!? This doesn't make any sense! Ashley went to Hong Kong to help Jabot Cosmetics improve their standing in the Asian market. Then one month later she's living in L.A.!? My hatred for Bradley Bell has reached new heights! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: I HATE BRADLEY BELL!

E. Davidson is one of my fav actresses, but she must be desperate for money to agree to be on B&B on a long-term basis. 3 years!? Gotta have 2 million dollar homes & hundred thousand dollar cars, huh?

E. Davidson, beg TPTB at Y&R to re-hire u! Your career depends on it! You've got a child, and children are expensive. God Bless you, E. Davidson.

• Members

This makes me sad...

An Eileen Davidson from another message board that I've never really talked to before sent me a PM regarding Eileen/Days/B&B. Here's part of the message...

---------------------

You know...I seriously was about to cry. Like my eyes were watering up. ALL THESE YEARS of her gone and I still watched Days because I had hopes she would be back eventually. They blew their chance.

I called the NBC daytime (ken corday office) and there was an answering machine and it said to just leave a message...I went all out on their asses.

But now that it has sunk in, I am not angry, but sad. I feel like it's over for days (at least for me).

I mean when she left to go to Y&R in 1999, I followed, but now I can't follow her to BB... I have no more time for soaps anymore.

I will never ever forgive Days for this and in all honesty am going to stop watching the show completely. It's on now on soapnet...but I'm not watching.

I swear i could cry...all these years of hopes and wishes she'd come back have been crushed by DOOL!

It sounded like Eileen wanted to go to Days, but she just said that she wasn't approached. If they approached her, she would be airing in late february, instead of airing in B&B in late feb.

Sad sad sad.

I need a few vicodins, xanax and whiskey...lol.

---------------------------

That's exactly how I feel. Betrayed. I feel completely betrayed and slapped in the face.

• Members

Hey BadZoe, I remember you saying once that Brooke and Ashley(given their chemist backgrounds) should be friends on B&B. Maybe your dreams will come true.(And, yes, I have a good memory!)

I also agree with the notion that B&B will possibly turn into an hour soon. They've got a talented slate to work with as/is, but I REALLY enjoy the compact, half-hour format. B&B is the perfect mid-afternoon snack. And it was foolish of Y&R to let her go in the first place.

And NOOOO to Hunter Tylo leaving again. Taylor is one of, if not, THE most entertaining characters on this show. The LAST thing we need is to let Taylor go, especially when she has so much character since this last stint.

Jack Wagner is the weakest link in the B&B cast. He should have been out like, last year.

I feel bad for DAYS fans. :( But, if Louise Sorel returns as Vivian, that would rock my socks off. She's so talented.

Welcome to LA, Eileen!

• Members

I'm not crazy about Hogan's DAYS (or ATWT) so I'm not so disappointed she's not going there. But I do worry about how Brad Bell will write for her and for how long. Look at how people RAVED about Lesli Kay...where is she now? I also can't see Ashley having chemistry with any of the leading men. After being teased with Ashley/Ji Min, anything would be a step down.

But this will be interesting! I just hope Brad does the character some justice. Kay Alden, Jack Smith and Lynn Latham ALL suck when it comes to Ashley Abbott. Brad Bell sucks at most things, but I'm keeping the faith. Eileen is worth it!

As for DAYS, did you guys consider that maybe she didn't want to return? She said "never say never," but it seems more like she was going to be an at home mother for a while. B&B has an easy 4 day schedule which was probably a big upside.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 1 2007, 01:42 AM)
I'm not crazy about Hogan's DAYS (or ATWT) so I'm not so disappointed she's not going there. But I do worry about how Brad Bell will write for her and for how long. Look at how people RAVED about Lesli Kay...where is she now? I also can't see Ashley having chemistry with any of the leading men. After being teased with Ashley/Ji Min, anything would be a step down.

But this will be interesting! I just hope Brad does the character some justice. Kay Alden, Jack Smith and Lynn Latham ALL suck when it comes to Ashley Abbott. Brad Bell sucks at most things, but I'm keeping the faith. Eileen is worth it!

As for DAYS, did you guys consider that maybe she didn't want to return? She said "never say never," but it seems more like she was going to be an at home mother for a while. B&B has an easy 4 day schedule which was probably a big upside.

That is what I was saying in my posts in this thread We really don't know if this is all on Days. I am not saying it isn't but we don't know for usre. It could be a tighter budget then we realize or Eileen didn't want to go back there so Days didn't even bother. She never came out and said she was interested directly in Days. She said she found what was going on over at Days interesting. That was it. Days wasn't willing to bring Joe back for more then 2 episodes and that, to me, was strange because Corday loves Joe and I know he would want him for more then that. To me, that screams of very tight budget and NBC may have them under a severe budget crunch. We just don't know. Corday isn't stupid. He knows actors like ED or JM would result in some sort of a ratings increase (it may not be big but it would be something) so the fact that he didn't approach Eileen and didn't want to give Joe a more long-term deal speaks volumes. Again, not saying all this was the case but I am not going to go off and blame Days since none of us know the circumstances and what was going on.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 1 2007, 12:42 AM)

If they approached her and she said no, or they couldn't work out the negotiation agreements... fine.

But to not approach her at all? That's what I'm ready to explode over.

Archived