Getting a new Soap on the air

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 28 2007, 12:40 PM)
MyNetworkTV was a bad idea and it was rushed. What would've been better is the original plan to air them on FOX networks during daytime. It would draw more attention from the soap press and be easier to promote. FOX is launching a news show ala Today, so why not add the two soaps?

Maybe MyNetworkTV was a test run for these shows to add to FOX's daytime/afternoon lineup.

In relation to daytime soaps, MyNetworkTV(without Tatum O'Neal and people like that in the casts) is realtively cost-effective. I could totally see a show like WICKED WICKED GAMES succeeding with familar daytime stars in the lead roles(Kimberlin Brown playing Blythe Hunter)

I hope MyNetworkTV bucks the trend and develops a second season of these serials in their current form. They are a refreshing break to the GREY'S ANATOMY fetish everyone in America seems to have.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 28 2007, 12:40 PM)
MyNetworkTV was a bad idea and it was rushed. What would've been better is the original plan to air them on FOX networks during daytime. It would draw more attention from the soap press and be easier to promote. FOX is launching a news show ala Today, so why not add the two soaps?

Maybe MyNetworkTV was a test run for these shows to add to FOX's daytime/afternoon lineup.

In relation to daytime soaps, MyNetworkTV(without Tatum O'Neal and people like that in the casts) is realtively cost-effective. I could totally see a show like WICKED WICKED GAMES succeeding with familar daytime stars in the lead roles(Kimberlin Brown playing Blythe Hunter)

I hope MyNetworkTV bucks the trend and develops a second season of these serials in their current form. They are a refreshing break to the GREY'S ANATOMY fetish everyone in America seems to have.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived