DAYS: AWESOME New Promo!

• Members

I haven't seen it myself, yet. But Terri provided a rundown over at "The Blue Note."

It shows Phillip saying that he's going to get his daughter back and then slamming a phone into the ground. Then we see Belle and Shawn with Claire in the dark and the announcer says "A family forced to become fugitives." Then we see Phillip coming up behind Belle, Shawn and Claire (it looks like a church, apparently) and telling them to give him his daughter. Then it shows Phillip knocking Shawn out, and afterwards he walks up behind Belle as she's holding tightly onto Claire. He looks furious as he reaches out and grabs her arm. Then, we see Steve come up behind Phillip and Steve "lays him out!"

Last thing we see is Steve, Belle, Claire and Shawn in the cab of a big truck with Steve driving like a madman and Belle shouts, "We're going to be killed!"

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eeeeeeeeeek! Someone needs to post ASAP.

On the down side, this is the second....maybe third? SHELLE promo in two....maybe three? consecutive weeks, and as great as this story is right now, both in acting and writing, it is best to alternate your promos, IMO. I don't like when the same storyline is featured in the promos week after week.

• Members

I disagree. EJ is back now, and there's stuff coming up next week with him, Sami and Lucas... from Sami's pregnancy to EJ offering Lucas a him (and him accepting it). I guess they're wanting to keep that all a secret, though.

There's also Lexie and Tek's car crash and subsequent disappearance.

• Members

Yeah but the Shelle story is the most action-packed.

They want to hook fans with drama and action and I am ok with featuring one story for a few weeks. Eventually, the chain ends and we switch to something else. It's the big story right now. The first promo of the new year was Bope/Shelle one. The ratings have been good this month so something is working :lol:

I like variety too but the promo looks good so I wouldn't worry. I like that they aren't spoiling everything. The only thing I would've included was the Lexie/Tek stuff because it is more action and drama. I suppose they could've done Lexie/Tek, Sami/Lucas/EJ, and Shelle but maybe they don't want to give away everything.

Liked the promo nonetheless. Looks great.

• Members

No it's not.

They don't want to spoil everything. I see your point and they should promote other stories but if this is the big story right now promote it. They did the same with Steve/Kayla in November and with EJ in December. You want to keep the momentum up for that story. If the ratings are good, they probably think this story contributes to it so they will keep promoting it. They will most likely switch it up next week.

Days did the same in the 90's with the Kristen story and later with the Princess Gina story. I'm not crazy about it but I don't really mind it too much. I do think for this week they should have did a split promo with Shelle/Sami/Lexie/Tek.

Archived