TV Guide.ca spoilers for 1/22 and 1/23

• Members

From TV Guide.ca

Monday – Belle and Shawn take refuge in an abandoned church while on the run from Philip; Abe realizes that Lexie lied to him about seeing John get shot.

Tuesday – Steve steals a delivery truck to take Shawn and Belle to Canada; Sami confesses to Lucas that she's pregnant.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just love that they're writing Steve in character (ie., always up for a little law-breaking if it means sticking it to "the man" *g*) and not that way toned-down version he was right before he "died."

• Members

I have always been of the opinion that this was one of the biggest reasons why SN decided to leave Days almost 16 years ago, because they had watered down Steve so much that he was a shell of his former self. He was no longer a smart-ass, he had lost his edge, and then to make him a police officer? This was after they dyed his hair blond and, for one storyline, had him with a "glass eye" so he could stop wearing the eye patch.

They ruined his originality, which I'm so glad is coming back under the right pen. Hogan's. And, at least Sami tells Lucas about being pregnant. Even though it says confesses, whatever that means, she's halfway there. Now, if she could only tell him the other part about E.J.........

• Members

It's not Steve's story and it's not Steve's business, they aren't his kids and barely knows Belle or Shawn. It 's just wrong even it it is the sort of role he could play. It's not the right role. Especially as he is having his bizarre seizures now. Of course, it could be that Steve will get into Canada and start to remember more stuff from there....that would be interesting.

• Members

Steve is probably doing it because Shawn is Bo's son and he and Bo have a strong bond, and because this is his way of sticking it to "the man." This is how the character has always been. He's always put himself out there on the line for those he loves and their families.

• Members
I disgree completely. First of all, he knows Shawn very well. He and Kayla took care of Shawn D. (he stayed with them) while Bo and Hope were off doing the Cruise of Deception thing and beyond that, Bo is like Steve's brother. And while he doesn't know Belle well, her father is a good friend of Steve's, essentially his brother in law -- that's how he knew John anyway, as Kayla's brother. And beyond all of that is the fact that Steve has a very established history of having "issues" with social workers and anyone who would take a child away from its parent. I'd find it extremely out of character if Steve didn't get involved, honestly.

Or what Bree said:

• Members

Just reading the spoilers and seeing Steve's seizures, his part sounds very stretched out to me and that is worrisome as it seems when there is nothing for a character, he/she is just stuck in cracks and cranny's until written out. Here we have Steve suddenly going berserk and no answers, then he is hired by the PD of Salem to find EJ (LOLOL) and goes to Mexico to confront Steve (wonder what the Mexican police do with crazy American spastic guys), then somehow or other we next hear of him carting Belle and Shawn with their tiny daughter hid out across into Canada. Just doesn't sound well put together but, like I said it hasn't played out. Just skimming the highlights, it's very sketchy. Where is this huge umbrella story with Steve and Kayla due to his past? That's what I was looking for.

• Members

You are correct in your accessment, Bree. I've lost patience. Hogan talked about his huge umbrella story at the very beginning and it's just doing too slow to keep me entertained. What he has succeeded in doing is ruin my affection for Kayla, working on ruining it for Steve, so I'm really angry at him. Also, he talked about how he felt Days didn't pay adequate attention to Philip's war heroism, so what does he do? He blows his face away and gives him a transplanted one, then has Shawn (the looney) box him in the face. I can't abide this. It's got to get better.

Archived