Belinda Carlisle

Shawn

• Members

Found this over at IFilms.com

I'm a HUGE Belinda fan from her early work with the GoGo's to her still going solo career starting in the mid 80's (see my banner for proof lol)

A talented fan put together a montage of her best work set to her music and featuring some television footage. Very well done.

Hope you guys like!

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2747374

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love some of Belinda's hits, but I have to ask...

Even "Runaway Horses"? Jesus, that was a BAD album! Aside from *maybe* three of the songs(including "Summer Rain," which is probably my favorite Belinda song ever) everything else lacked good production and overall enthusiasm.

Maybe you, as a Belinda fan, can tell me your honest opinion and help me out here. I mean, I'm the same way with Mariah(see my posts when she is mentioned).

I just expected an underrated treasure with that album and, for once, I felt like the poor sales justified the quality of the album.

• Members

I do agree that Runaway wasn't her greatest album, but the quality of "Leave a Light On" and "Summer Rain" alone should have made it huge.

The president of the record label that released Runaway Horses was notorious for picking and choosing which albums/artists he promoted. He basically screwed over Belinda and a few other artists including Olivia Newton John. Belinda said in various interviews that at a cocktail party for the record company, a month after Runaway was released to no promotion and underwhelming sales, she was tipsy and confronted the president. Basically she said "Well if it isn't the man who single handedly f****d my career!" She was dropped from the label shortly after :lol:

My FAVE Belinda album, and the most critically acclaimed and consumer underappreciated album she has released to date, is Real, released in 1993. If you haven't heard of it, look it up. Its truly amazing. Most songs are co written by Belinda, proving she has the talent to write as well as perform.

Archived