2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, Douglas Marland had two stints on ATWT. The Dobsons replaced him after his first stint. Actually, that was a switch between GL and ATWT. The Dobsons went to ATWT and Marland went to GL. Paul Roberts succeed the Dobsons at ATWT, in 1983. It wasn't until late 1985 that Marland made his way back to ATWT.

• Members

The Dobsons were also the creators of "Santa Barbara," and they did an amazing job as well. When they fired them, "Santa Barbara" was never the same and ultimately fell to the pressure. However, during 1984-1987, the Dobsons did amazing and exciting stories for that soap opera.

• Members

He's not a writer or director but someone at B&B got promoted.

Adam Dusevoir who has been Associate Producer since September 2005 has been promoted to Coordinating Producer as of yesterday's show. This is the same route Rhonda Friedman had taken before becoming B&B's supervising producer in 2001, so 14 years after she joined B&B... Seems Brad wants to keep Dusevoir.

• Administrator

Elizabeth Page has been at OLTL for a couple of weeks now. I wonder why she left ATWT since she's been writing scripts there for 6+ straight years. Interesting.

Yeah, I noticed this. I forgot to post about it, so thanks for doing it. LOL

• Administrator

Elizabeth was never at OLTL, but anything is possible.

Elizabeth has been there since before Dena got fired. Don't know when her first script will air.

Oh I also have another interesting tibit about LML. All those people who left under LML's reign of terror, some of left on their own. LML is a huge nightmare to work for and some of them just had enough. I wouldn't be surprised if more people will leave.

• Administrator

Or maybe Ron and Elizabeth have the same agent (too lazy to research right now LOL). It's a safe bet to assume Mark will be leaving OLTL at the end of his cycle. He has no reason to stay at OLTL now that his wife is gone. Don't know what's happening with the breakdown writers.

Archived