Dont you get it guys, Higley is DONE!!!

• Members

Jack Smith and Kay Alden were hired as Consultants to Rob Guza and Megan because they are STAYING. Higley is getting fired and OLTL will get a new HW, maybe in the form of JS or KA.. The other soaps, Frons believes are fixable with the helf of these experts and after a failed sweeps, which was Higleys only savior, she in DONE. Megan is here because frons thinks she can do something with BARF

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course, it could be just the opposite. Frons could like the direction OLTL is going and he may not be that concerned. He could have brought Alden and Smith on to consult with the other shows because he is more concerned about them. And it sounds like Alden is going to be working on AMC for a while and Smith on GH so how could either one become the HW for OLTL? Unless these changes will take place in about six months or longer. It is possible OLTL could be stuck with Higley for a while then. Maybe OLTL has someone on the writing staff they could promote to HW?

• Members

I know OLTL's numbers have been down with the rest of ABCD have been down but have they dropped as much as AMCs? Perhaps they are down but not have dropped as precipitously?

Another possibility is that A&S will be truly consulting on all three but are intended ultimately for AMC and GH and someone feels OLTL can get by (for now) with just consultation.

It could be determining a best fit for Alden as someone mentioned.

It could also be that OLTL as cushioned in the middle between AMC and GH may get enough of an upswing from improved perfromance by AMC (especially) and GH that again, Frons would be satisfied with consulting at this point.

OLTL also has the most recent new Head Writer change in Higley and he thinks she has some steam left (again for now).

There are a lot of ways for this to all play out.

• Members

If Higley stays OL will be canceled, there is no two whits about it.

Higley needs to be fired today, now, right this minute.

I don't like that of course Frons is all about AMC and GH and OL as usual gets screwed over. Higley staying on will kill anything watchable on this show, that has been the case the whole time the woman has been there. And did you read the Erika Slezak tvguide article? She says that Higley has her agenda in bringing in her own characters and writing for them, screw the rest, screw the vets, screw the 6 time Emmy winner Slezak all for Higleys' agenda.

Screw Frons and ABCD if all they are doing is helping AMC and GH and doing nothing for OL which needs a new HW and a new EP, something that AMC doesn't need. OL IMO needs more help then either of the other shows.

• Members

OLTL and AMC are both sitting in the 2.3 seat. Occassionally up slightly but not all that much. They are both being beat by GL in total viewers on some weeks and tied with GL in the ratings on some weeks. AMC is slightly worse than OLTL on some weeks but the difference is generally negligable and there are weeks where AMC's numbers are slightly better than OL's.

OLTL does have the most recently hired HW. She is an absolute disaster. Her consistent 2.3's are lower than the lowest numbers Malone was fired over.

OLTL has nothing at this point that works. The dialogue is insulting as are the plots, the pace, the direction. There is not a single story that is watchable. They may chose to wait deciding that AMC and GH need more help but OLTL is already at a point where it is questionable as to if it can be saved. The point for change passed 6 months ago.

With the critical shape that AMC and OLTL are both in at this point I don't see there being any way for one person to effectively consult on both shows at the same time.

• Members

I suspect there are only so many consultants to go around. All three soaps are in sore need of some fixing, but until ABCD decides to entertain fans instead of stun them, not much will change no matter who is in the headwriter chair on any ABC soap.

I can see Frons sending one consultant over to GH, because he feels it is 'the flagship.' Of the two soaps, AMC is currently lower, therefore getting the other one. THere might also be some thought of fix AMC and GH, and OLTL will go up just by being between them.

Although OLTL doesn't have a 'Zarf' to get it buzz, Higley is pulling out some last-ditch stops. It hasn't escaped my notice that even though the trial should be about John and his twenty-five quest for justice (excuse me while I gag), all the focus is really back on Todd/Blair/Spencer with a side of Evangeline. Most of the ratings spikes have had to do with Todd and/or Blair. There may be still a wait and see while they pursue Todd's long overdue vengeance.

I don't think Higley is going anywhere, as much as I wish they would have fired her months ago. The flood of hirings for OLTL in the past six months looks more like a vote of confidence.

• Members

Maybe it just means that the last rumor about Burton Armus going to OLTL is true.

I would believe that OLTL is through before I would that Higley is. I think if they are doing anything for OLTL at all, then it is on its way out. If Higley stays I agree that OLTL's final days are here.

• Members

So what if Higley is out (I don't think she is but . . .) what would a new writer have to do to get back the audience necessary to make up the difference between a 2.3 and a 2.7 or 2.8 for a regular basis? What would they build on to reach out to the lapsed viewers necessary to get back? IOW is there enough to do it or have they so gutted the show that it's all over but the fat lady's song?

• Members

ONE LIFE is NOT as bad as AMC. Both need new writers and new or former executive producers, some major rehiring( ---AMC----Julia Barr as Brooke with Jill Larson as Opal back, & ONE LIFE --get back Dan Gauthier as Kevin and Tuc Watkins as David for starters and axe the horrible newbys on AMC--FakeLee Annie, Sydney, Zarf, and worn out their welcome characters- Babe, Josh, Amanda, Krystal, Jonathan & Josh and on ONE LIFE as wel,l such as Spencer and his attorney Mark Casey, Nash, & Vincent.

• Members

Hope you are right. Higley and her weirdo obsessions with horrible characters like Spencer, Paige, and Evangeline needs to be fired. She shoves these caricature-like characters down my throat while ignoring and/or writing/killing off Buchanans. She's nuttier than fruitcake!

• Members

You're right Mulder it is not as bad as AMC - sorry to say but it is WORSE. As many problems as I have with AMC I can still watch it lately but I can't sit through a whole episode of OLTL at all. A month or so ago I would have said they were prett equal, but there are some things that AMC has tried to improve on. I can't say the same thing for OLTL.

• Members

They always fix GH and AMC first. We're talking .3 pts difference in ratings. The absolute numbers are not what is freaking people out. It's the continuing downward trend. They've got to stop the bleeding. Perform triage. OLTL is actually not slipping vs. last year to the same extent the others are. It's relatively stable. GH and AMC continue to slide and GH is the flagship. That's where the major surgeries will be performed.

OLTL went up this week vs. last. If I see another bump this week and no more slides. I am going to feel much better about the ratings.

PS> I don't think Higley is writing this stuff at the moment. That explains the abandonment of her favorites. Claudia, Spencer . . . She hasn't been fired, but she's not driving the writing.

Archived