Fashion: Labels? Designers? Personal Style?

Matt

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure you will get more interesting answers, but nothing fancy here. I'm a very casual guy - at home it is usually the very basics or jogging/lounge stuff or shorts and a T.

The only labels that make it in my wardrobe are Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, Jockey, Levi Strauss & Nike

LOL

• Members

I'm a jeans a t-shirt kinda boy. I like Calvin Klein and Polo Ralph Lauren jeans (they seem to fit my big butt better :P ). However, I recently picked up a couple of pair of Levi's (which, normally, I can't wear because they never fit right) that look *fabulous* --- low-rise (my 1st pair of low-rise jeans ever), straight leg, boot cut and oh-so perfectly distressed (well, one pair is probably better described as destroyed. my mother would flip if she knew I bought jeans brand new that had that many rips and holes in them). I don't do the button down oxford type shirt very often because I detest that blousing you get when you tuck 'em in and leaving them untucked just makes me feel like I'm wearing a mumu. If I could find a trimmer fit in button downs, I'd probably pick up a couple. I'm getting more into athletic fit shirts (I'm not busting my ass at the gym to hide it all :lol: ), especially t-shirts and pullovers. If it doesn't fit snuggly, I don't want it (especially considering that it seems I only wear real clothes as opposed to work clothes when I go out). I starting buying my first ever muscle shirts over the summer and I'm sure I'll pick up more next summer. Love me some 2xist! I'm also developing a like for Greg Homme, Ginch Gonch. I do want to eventually pick up a pair of Diesel jeans and, maybe, a pair of Seven for all Mankind (but they're so damned expensive). I've got my eye on this HOT Diesel long-sleeved t-shirt that's onsale online that I definitely picking up. If I'm dressing up, I tend to like Calvin Klein or Claiborne, but I don't have cause for dressing up too often. I think ever single pair of underwear I own is Calvin Klein, even though I never wear any under jeans. And regarding accessories, I'm a Fossil boy all the way from watch to wallet to sunglasses to belts, although there is a cool belt with a lion's head buckle that I'm determined to pick up online in the next few weeks. I like a lot of A&F stuff even though a lot of people criticize guys my age (35) for wearing it. It's a good thing I don't really look my age (I'm convinced that gay men age at a slower rate, even though 35 is considered 50 in gay years). However, their jeans are definitely made for skinny twinks only. And you can't go wrong with Gap.

Hopefully, by next summer, I'll be out dancing in dangerously low-rise jeans and no shirt. I'll show those little bois. B)

• Members

Are you sure. Look in the mirror again! :lol::P

I wear Levi jeans and have a pair of Calvin Klein. As for shirts its all Ralph Lauren for me. :D I wear Guess watches. I hate Fossil watches. :P I forget what type of sunglasses I own. :lol:

So Matt you wear no undies when in jeans? :P:unsure: As Sophia would say..."You Slut!" :lol: (just joking with ya! ;) )

• Members

Matt, I like 2xist underwear. Have a few pairs. And a few CK briefs too. I forgot all about them when I posted before because the other brand names I gave are more prominant.

I have tried the "commando" under jeans too. I don't do it all the time but it is a nice switch up from time to time.

Love the Sophia comment Soapsuds. I love her.

Matt you talk about 35 - wait until you are 41. Since I have started exploring my bi-side some in the last year or so, you are right that at certain ages to gay or bi men you might as well be 50 or dead. LOL

• Members

I've noticed lately that younger boys will get with older guys if the older guy has money. Other than that...you might have problems. haha

Anyway I still prefer the AE, A&F, GAP, Hollister sometimes, and Banana Republic. Old Navy has ok jeans sometimes - but Old Navy just screams white trash to me. lol

• Members

Try Earnest Sewn for jeans. They have a better fight than Seven Jeans.

I have NO ASS in Seven Jeans, but I look bootylicious in Earnest Sewn. :lol:

Anyway, I have jeans from Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Mossimo, Diesel, A&F, AE, Earnest Sewn, H&M, Aeropostale and a few no name brands.

Shirts: Old Navy, A&F, AE, Banana Republic, Express, Aeropostale, Dior, Ralph Lauren, H&M and J. Crew (how I love thee J Crew!)

Don't wear watches, rings or anything of the sort. I have a DKNY wallet. Eventually I'll cough up the money for one from Coach or Louis Vuitton Damier Canvas.

:lol:

Their jeans don't fit well on me. Their shirts are much better.

I'm cheap. All of mine are Hanes Classics tightie whities. Boxers give saggy teabags.

• Members

My style is simple and casual. For example, right now I'm wearing a brown t-shirt with The Doors on it, with a pair of Southpole jeans and white Nikes. Monday I might be wearing some blue/denim Brooklyn jeans with a white polo t-shirt and on the weekend I might be in a plain white t-shirt and short cargo pants. I guess it just depends on were I'm going and how I feel.

Archived