DAYS: SOW November Sweep spoilers

• Members

From Sony DOOL board:

STEVE TO KAYLA: "I REMEMBER!"

"Steve is faking getting his memories back to keep Kayla alive," explains HS. "Steve is hoping that will keep her hanging on. He's doing it mostly for Stephanie, who keeps telling him he can't let her [mother] die, that he has to make her hold on."

It works. Kayla hears her husband's loving words and clings to life. "Steve has gone out on a limb, and it's going to get him stuck," says HS. "Steve will begin having snippets of real memories. But it's a while yet before that happens. Ultimately, it will lead to him and Kayla finding each other again."

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=74272

SALEM SHAKE UP! (Hogan speaks - love that guy & miss him on ATWT!)

Who's Reuniting? Who's Returning? And Who's Going Down?

(pics of John/marlena, EJ, Hope/Bo, Steve/Kayla, Belle/Phillip/baby, Stefano)

With new HW Hogan Sheffer at the helm, DOOL fans can expect big changes in the months ahead. Here's a sneak peek from the man who's really pulling the strings in Salem now.

JOHN & MARLENA EXPOSE EJ

"Obviously you're going to find out who EJ is," says HS. So are John & Marlena, who make a key discovery about the cocky con man. "Late in November, J&M are going to make a trip to Italy for the purposes of sniffing out the DiMeras and finding out how EJ is connected and what he wants. They'll make the final connection between Stefano and EJ Wells."

Sheffer won't comment on the rumors that the mystery man is in fact Susan and Stefano's son, Elvis. "I'm not allowed to speak about that," demurs the scribe.

BABY SURPRISE!

Bo and Hope will get a Christmas miracle when they learn what viewers have known for weeks - Bo, not Patrick, is the father of her baby.

Leading up to the baby surprise, Bo will try to expose patrick with the help of the Salem P.D. "They turn their attention from Patrick to the guy they think is the brains behind the outfit, which is EJ Wells," previews HS. "They get onto EJ by making a connection between him and Patrick.They realize these two guys may have been involved with all The Gloved Hand (lol) stuff."

While Bo inches closer to nailing Patrick and presenting the facts to Hope, Chelsea hatches yet another scheme. "After walking in on Bo and Billie comforting each other, Chelsea miscontrues it as sex," says HS. "She takes a cell phone picture of them. She's going to send the picture out to a few choice people."

But even Chelsea and Patrick can't ruin Bo and Hope's Christmas. They will get the best present ever and learn they are having a baby.

PHILLIP COMES HOME

Phillip gets his backbone back when he returns to Salem in January.

"One of the things we're pushing toward is giving this next generation the power and the sway," outlines HS. "Phillip needs to be the new Victor. He needs to be a man of power and passion and amorality."

Phillip's first order of business will be rectifying the situation with Claire, the baby he was led to believe was his daughter. There will be "a nasty custody battle," reveals HS.

Victor will play a role in it, and Belle and Shawn will be forced to make a drastic move.

STEFANO RETURNS

The Phoenix will rise again in Salem, assures HS. But is Joseph Mascolo reprising the role?

"I wish I had a definitive answer for you," says the scribe. While there have been 'conversations' between the show and Mascolo, nothing had been worked out at press time. "Whether we can get that actor to play the part, we still don't know."

So the show has a plan. "In its first incarnation, Stefano will not be used very much, but his presence will be felt. It will be known," hints HS.

Does that mean the show would reacst? "No," hedges HS. "There's another way we'd do it."

Stefano's reappearance is a pivotal step in setting up the resurgence of the DiMera family. "Ultimately, we'll make EJ the new power to be reckoned with," confides HS.

MARLENA IS BACK!

Hogan Sheffer's first order of business when he took over as HW at DOOL was repairing Marlena.

"What they've done to Marlena on this show is horrible," declares the scribe. "Just horrible. My thing was, 'first of all, reunite her with John and rekindle that love affair. Make her the heroine she was, not this nutball who keeps getting kidnapped." (LOL!!)

So look for Marlena "to be very prominent in both Belle's and Sami's lives," promises HS. "She's got some great heroic moments coming in November."

And in 2007 - "One of them in February is going to be stunning," touts the scribe.

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=74274

Sneak Peeks

Week of Nov. 6

Patrick wants to leave town with Hope.

The Brady family rallies around Kayla.

Bonnie steals from Patrick to pay off Lauren.

Kate spies on EJ

Can't Miss - Weds. Nov. 8 - Lexie "toasts" Sami

Week of Nov 13

John and Marlena face danger as they race to Canada to save Kayla.

Things get messy with Sami, Lucas and EJ.

IN: Smokey Robinson appears on Nov. 15

Clay Aiken tapes his appearance on Nov. 14

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=74266

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm wonder if Shawn and Bellle marry to provide a united front. Also how can Phillip who has no rights to Claire sue for full custody against Belle who's done nothing but be a good parent?

All of it sounds great.

• Members

Phillip can definitely sue for custody of Claire because he's the father of Claire, that is, the one who has raised her since she has been born. He was married to Claire's mother, Belle. That gives him some legal rights. And what if Phillip is the REAL father of Claire afterall and that teh DiMera's changed the DNA tests. I hope so, I always thought it was stupid as hell to make Shawn the father.

• Members

From a legal standpoint, Phillip is Claire's father. So he does have grounds to sue for custody. He is on the birthcertificate, and was legally married to Belle while she was pregnant and when she gave birth. I'm not saying that Shawn does not have any rights because of this, because he does.

Sheffer won't comment on the rumors that the mystery man is in fact Susan and Stefano's son, Elvis. "I'm not allowed to speak about that," demurs the scribe.

I hope that he wants to keep the fans guesing, and he will turn out to not be Elvis. Stupid move if he is!

• Members
If Shawn & Belle would get together I doubt he would stand a chance. JT's biological parents won that battle with Bo & Hope, and they were complete strangers. Then of course, Philip will no longer be the Philip we've seen all these years. So who knows what he'll pull.

Anyway. Things are looking good. I'm actually quite bored with the show right now. EJ is such a snooze... So I'm hoping for some action this month. Loving the Bope stuff!

• Members

Wow, the writers have done a pretty good job at portraying the law accurately with regards to the Phillip spoiler. The Supreme Court has found that the presumptive father (the legal term for person in Phillip's status) has greater rights than the putative father (the legal term for a person in Shawn's status) under the Constitution if that's what a state's law is.

A situation not exactly like Belle/Phillip/Shawn but close enough happened in California, except in that case the "Belle" in that scenario went back to "Phillip" and "Shawn" sued for visitation rights and the state court denied him visitation. The Supreme Court agreed with the state's decision.

For people interested in Michael H case, here's the facts from the case as reported by Justice Scalia:

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/f...w/michaelh.html

Ademption: The facts of the case sound like a soap opera right? Basically, when the case got to the Supreme Court, Scalia said that California's law presuming that the married man is the father of the children of his wife was ok and the putative father should have no visitation rights b/c after all the putative father (Michael H) engaged in an adulterous affair. Why should he expect any rights?

Therefore, Scalia upheld California's law and Michael H was out of luck....

If the state where Salem is located has similiar laws as California, then Shawn could potentially be out of luck as well. But wait a minute!! Is Phillip sterile? Can he have kids? B/c that might be a loophole for Shawn/Belle in a custody battle!!

• Members

Because Belle was married to Philip when Claire was born, she is LEGALLY Philip's child and Shawn is the one with no rights. All three would have to go to court and ask for changes in legality and the court would be on the side of what is in the child's best interest before making any changes or determinations. Law's law.

No, Philip is not sterile. His sperm has low motility which means they don't have a long life, but he definitely is not sterile.

• Members

Belle and Shawn did not lead Philip to believe that Claire was his child. Phillip's parents committed this fraud. Since Claire is still a toddler , Phillip will never be able to argue that Claire would suffer harm by not having him in her life. Yes she might miss him for a minute, but she does have a father who is more than willing to be there.

Here is the problem: Shawn is a hot head and never commits to anything and his track record will prove it. Driving his motocyle through a church. Driving his car through Victor's house. Working for EJ. He just does stupid things. Having a relationship with a hooker.

And based on past spoilers we know that Shawn and Belle are going to go on the run with Claire. This tells me that Phillip will go for full custody of Claire as punishment/revenge against Belle for loving Shawn. And since we also know that Victor is going to help Phillip, then that means that the judge might be bribed and custody will be awarded to Phillip. Thereby causing Shawn/Belle/Claire to run. IMO.

• Members

rem13 the way you summarized the Philip/Belle/Shawn sl, sounds excellent. Belle & Shawn on the run with little Claire? Excellent and the perfect way to reunite the two. Also Philip's transformation sounds intreguing.

I wonder with Philip coming back who could they possibly pair him up with. Mimi (for the time being since she is leaving in 07 right?), or Willow? Though it is said that Willow is supposed to be on the show for a short amount of time.

• Members

Probably Stephanie with that conversation that Kate had with Stephanie about promising to be a friend to Philip. It would also create some tension in the Johnson household since Victor and Steve will probably not get along by the time Phil arrives back in Salem.

Thanks DaysFanJean for telling me that Phillip wasn't sterile. Back to the drawing boards to figure out a legal loophole for Shawn to get visitation/custody rights for Claire....

Archived